Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 4,852

Inkling

Squid wrote:

Untitled

I don't know how anyone could hate the Master Cycle.

LOL

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Cia

I'm sure it's old news already, but did you guys notice there's a mini-map on the tv screen now! Additionally, they've fixed the mid-race menu, and now the "next race" option comes before "view highlight reel". The game's perfect now! : -D

Cia

Blast

Inkling wrote:

Squid wrote:

Untitled

I don't know how anyone could hate the Master Cycle.

LOL

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Inward drift? God no... As if there aren't enough of them already.
I want a bike that handles like the 'Pipe Frame'. >

Aonuma's comments suggests it may be different than just an ordinary inward drift bike. Maybe it's a true inside drifting bike (i.e. like the Bowser Bike/Flame Runner from Mario Kart Wii).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

Cia wrote:

I'm sure it's old news already, but did you guys notice there's a mini-map on the tv screen now! Additionally, they've fixed the mid-race menu, and now the "next race" option comes before "view highlight reel". The game's perfect now! : -D

Battle mode is much more fun in the 2.0.0 update, with map on the screen. It's now fair since all players can see the map (not just the one with the Gamepad).

jariw

JCnator

I've figured out that the Heavy Character + Pipe Frame + Slim/Slick Wheels combo (or any combo with acceleration stat under 3) just doesn't fit my playstyle, even though it's considered as one of the best. I'd rather have a good acceleration due of item spamming still being a fairly common occurrence in online racing (especially when you're stuck in the pack), so I thought of going back to my good ol' Heavy Character + Yoshi Bike + Roller Wheels + Parafoil combo (which has a speed of 4.25, acceleration of 4 and miniturbo of 4). The problem with inwards-drifting bikes is that long sharp turns (such as the first few corners of Rainbow Road) are tad difficult to deal with it, since they have an annoying tendency to veer way outside of the middle of one of these turns. Turns out the Brake Pumping technique is a godsend for inwards-drifting bikes, perhaps to the point of rendering the Traction stat even more negligible.

I'm wondering why any speed-based kart with low-to-medium acceleration combo is the way to go when it comes to competitive racing. Doesn't the frequent item spamming make them more vulnerable from dropping several places whenever frontrunning isn't possible?

JCnator

CapeSmash

Yoshi Circuit is back.

Even though it was already a retro track in Mario Kart DS...

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

renaryuugufan92

[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmakPVhPUH4]] Yoshi Circuit from Double Dash is part of the DLC we're getting

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

vio

Nice! About time they showed one of the new courses in action! Well, one of the new retro-courses that is.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Jacob717

I heard that the shortcut under Yoshi's arm was hard in the GCN version, but to me it was easy on the DS version. I wonder if here the shortcut would be easy or hard.

Jacob717

Inkling

HYPE

outburst

Tanooki Mario and that new jeep for me! Also awesome new trailer!

outburst

jariw

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

[[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmakPVhPUH4]] Yoshi Circuit from Double Dash is part of the DLC we're getting

Fixed the trailer link:

Great to see they've put as much efforts into the DLC as they did to the main MK8 courses.

jariw

jump

I wish they would put up a precise release date on the DLC already.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Inkling

COME OUT NOW PLEASE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic