Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,481 to 3,500 of 4,852

Shirma_Akayaku

Grumblevolcano wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

As a MK8 player with over 7000 VR points, after the update the online point system is even more unfairly brutal. Losing VR even in 4th place? Ouch. At least I do see an improvement in online play such as performing more than one spin dash is now in sync.

I think that's due to the increase in maximum VR (from 9999 to 99999) though yes, very brutal.

I've given up on getting 9999 VR. The system is really unbalanced to me. It was fine before.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

PK_Willow

Anyone download the Mercedes Benz DLC yet? What's everyone's thoughts? I like the GLA the most I think, but I also like the Silver Arrow.

NNID: Ruki_the_Human

Jampie

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok this might be a dumb question but I honestly don't know. How much money is requited to preorder the DLC or will you be charged when it comes out?

You have to pay the $12.99 now. Don't know if there's tax.

The DLC bundle is $11.99.

MiiverseBackloggeryColors! Gallery
Peach Pink 2DS FC: 3110 - 6005 - 7552 // NNID: Emilyssa
AC:NL Dream Address: 5...

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0320-5871 | Nintendo Network ID: Jampie | Twitter:

Kewlan

@LucinaSmash Too bad Link can't ride Yoshi while riding the Yoshi Bike...

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

PK_Willow

Kewlan wrote:

@LucinaSmash Too bad Link can't ride Yoshi while riding the Yoshi Bike...

Now I'm picturing Link riding a Yoshi... I would play a game where you could do that.

Kewlan

JusticeColde wrote:

[youtube:1i3Z-HvuvIo]...I actually spent a full day making this video without any sleep.

It was kinda meh. Disliked

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

SubBronze

Shirma_Akayaku wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

LucinaSmash wrote:

As a MK8 player with over 7000 VR points, after the update the online point system is even more unfairly brutal. Losing VR even in 4th place? Ouch. At least I do see an improvement in online play such as performing more than one spin dash is now in sync.

I think that's due to the increase in maximum VR (from 9999 to 99999) though yes, very brutal.

I've given up on getting 9999 VR. The system is really unbalanced to me. It was fine before.

Agreed, the new ranking system is completely unbalanced and unfair. What's the point of increasing the maximum VR to 99999 if I lose 6 points every time I get 4th? No one has a chance of ever getting even close to 9999, let alone another 90000, if all their work goes down the drain if they have a very unlucky race. I played about ten games this afternoon, and I lost points every single game I played except one where I came third, and even then I only got 3. I wasn't playing my best, but that's just ridiculous. If there was an option to only play against higher ranked players (or if Mario Kart was more skill-based in the first place), I wouldn't mind as much. But now there is no sense of progression playing online, so I have almost no incentive to play Mario Kart outside of local multiplayer.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

DreamyViridi

From the sounds of things. MK8 now has MK7's VR limit (which I liked) with MKWii's formula for gaining/losing VR and the combination don't seem to mix very well. Making the VR formula the same or similar to MK7's may solve problems since in that game's online, the amount of VR you lose is very small.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Captain_Toad

The blue shell is....actually a good thing.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Grumblevolcano

DreamyViridi wrote:

From the sounds of things. MK8 now has MK7's VR limit (which I liked) with MKWii's formula for gaining/losing VR and the combination don't seem to mix very well. Making the VR formula the same or similar to MK7's may solve problems since in that game's online, the amount of VR you lose is very small.

I'd say it has MK7's formula for gaining VR, though definitely MKWii's formula for losing VR. 1st place gets you +10 if you're very lucky so yeah, either making the gaining closer to MKWii (like +50 for 1st) or the losing closer to MK7 (-3 for last).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

UGXwolf

@Captain_Toad I was JUST thinking about posting that and, yeah, he says everything I've been saying for years. Competitive players just like to complain regardless.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ryno

I need to remember do the reverse when blue shell and drop into 2nd place when the blue shell is coming technique.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

nightmaremoon

i know this is a very noobish question but how do you firehop? it's driving me mad! and how can it be done easily.

the night will last forever

Nintendo Network ID: superluigilinux

PK_Willow

Captain_Toad wrote:

The blue shell is....actually a good thing.

Interesting video, especially considering what Miyamoto said recently about focusing on the core market now. I never considered Mario Kart a super hardcore game, I tried to learn to snake unsuccessfully in Mario Kart DS but that's it. That said, it's cool to know there are ways to avoid it and that Nintendo even employed an item in game (super horn) to counter it. The fact that they made a new item with that kind of power maybe hints at new design decisions Nintendo will be making to satisfy the core audience...? But that's a discussion for another topic I suppose.

PKpunky wrote:

I've never tried this firehop thing, I just don't think it's as effective as the snaking on the DS version.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/poll_should_nintendo...

Thanks for sharing that video, I'll have to try that now. btw nice name haha.

Edited on by PK_Willow

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic