Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 3,421 to 3,440 of 4,397

AuthorMessage

BenAV

3,421. Posted:

It can throw you off sometimes once you're really used to all the tracks.
I've had quite a few times where I'll just be cruising along no really thinking, turn the wrong way and crash into the wall.
I'm glad you never have to play Mirror mode online in this game unless you actually choose to.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

3,422. Posted:

I thought mirror mode was kinda of obvious. Finish to start would be backwards mode.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

3,423. Posted:

Yeah well I've never played a Mario Kart game properly before so... ya

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

3,424. Posted:

Kewlan wrote:

QUESTION: I thought Mirror Mode was Finish to Start, instead of Start to finish as usual. But is it actually mirrored the other way? Instead of turning right at that point, this time you have to turn left?

Uhhh... since when has this ever been the case? It's always been flipped over the Y-axis. I can't recall a single time where you actually went the opposite direction through the course.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

cookiex

3,425. Posted:

How would you even be able to drive some of the courses in reverse anyway?

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

3,426. Posted:

@UGXwolf I just said that I've never played Mario Kart, MISTER.
-
@cookiex They would obviously have to edit the courses in certain ways.

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,427. Posted:

The people behind the music in Mario Kart 8 took part in a heavily-detailed nterview with Kotaku:

Nagata on how Mario Kart 8 needed a soundtrack to fit the series’ HD debut…

“It was felt that live recorded music would work very well in conjunction with [high-definition graphics]. It really creates a vibrant, live feeling, and amplifies the scale of the game as a whole.”

• By using live musicians, they no longer had to “painstakingly simulate guitar performances” on computer - More work with recording and mixing
    • The production process “wasn't particularly special” since Nintendo has used orchestrated music before

Nagata on how Nintendo was particular in its choice of musicians….

“As I’m sure you’re aware, the Mario Kart series is all about racing around courses brimming with variety, and the genres of music that accompany this are equally varied. We look for great musicians who can handle a variety of genres as opposed to just focusing on one in particular. We listened to a lot of music samples to select musicians we thought would be a good fit for the Mario Kart series.”

“For the performances themselves,” he continues, “we asked the musicians to play a little differently to how they would if they were performing formally, by asking them to keep in mind that the most important point was to avoid losing that game-like feeling, whilst also getting a performance with artistic character.” The secret behind a good Mario Kart track, explains Nagata, is that it can survive being listened to “on [a] loop hundreds, if not thousands of times, without getting on people’s nerves.”

Fujii on how the composers decided which tracks needed more live elements, and which would work better with synthetic instrumentation…

“It was a challenge to create music that made effective use of the good points of both videogame-style music and live music. For example, the music for circuit-type courses tends to be in a style suited to real instruments like guitar, bass, drums and so on. We were looking forward to hearing the natural groove and rhythm that the live performances of these instruments would bring to those tracks, so we chose to record them first. What we ended up with were tracks that had a lot more bounce than they would have had if we didn’t use live-recorded instruments. On the other hand, we used synthesizer sounds a lot in the music of courses involving unusual locations or fantastical themes. That way we felt it would further enhance the sense of the fantastical and create very characteristic music.”

Asahi on Cloudtop Cruise’s music…

“After I talked to the course designer and they shared what they had in mind for the course, I felt that an orchestral sound would go well with it. It was right at that moment that I decided to incorporate the Gusty Garden Galaxy theme into it. There isn’t really any deep meaning behind using it though, I’m afraid. The Good Egg Galaxy theme was used as a counter-melody in Rainbow Road on Mario Kart Wii previously, and more than anything else, Cloudtop Cruise is graphically evocative of Super Mario Galaxy, so it just seemed natural to do it.”

• Asahi, who worked on Pikmin 3, Steel Diver, and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, made the music for Sunshine Airport
    "I had the sound of an analogue Moog synthesizer in mind while making the track. It just naturally came to mind when I thought about the urban feel of the airport mixed with the noise and smells of the runway. I also wanted to get across the feeling of floating, so I added effects like delay to achieve this."
  • On Dolphin Shoals and the extended version you hear in the highlight reel:
    Nagamatsu: "The piece used there is a longer version than the one you hear during the race. You'll be able to hear one of Japan's top sax players ad-libbing with great feeling in it!"

http://kotaku.com/the-music-of-mario-kart-8-1592469987

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

3,428. Posted:

My Wii U gamepad finally works! Now everyone here, wanna send me a friend request and race with each other?

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

3,429. Posted:

100% agree with this review from AVGN's buddy. So close to being the best entry in the series.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

cookiex

3,430. Posted:

Is it possible to get kicked for not moving? I was racing online with my brother the other night and at one point he was so far behind when everyone else including me were approaching the finish line, so he gave up and stopped dead in his tracks. Ten seconds later we got a connection error and were booted out of the race. I was pissed 'cause I had a good chance of landing first place.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

BenAV

3,431. Posted:

Yep.
If you stop moving or start driving backwards, there's a good chance that you'll get kicked out of the group.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

3,432. Posted:

Yep, had that happen to me a number of times. Sometimes I just need to set the controller down and do other thing and when I come back 2 mins later I'm already kicked. That's mot a bad thing though as more then likely I'll never catch up. Even 10 secs is a death sentence.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

electrolite77

3,433. Posted:

Well worth all that effort, the music is superb

electrolite77

AuthorMessage

Nintendo_Ninja

3,434. Posted:

I made a new way to play Mariokart 8! It's called the Traction Master Challenge. Try it out!

http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/marokart_8_traction_...

Nintendo ID Network: Ninja84
I play World of Tanks: Ninja840

AuthorMessage

KromCompany

3,435. Posted:

i love this game so much
KromCo is my Nintendo ID

3ds FC: 2921-9956-8417Username: Darien
Skype me to video and voice chat games: KromCompany

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9956-8417 | Nintendo Network ID: KromCo

AuthorMessage

Dinosaurs

3,436. Posted:

I hate being the meat-shield for 1st place when I'm in 2nd!

Dinosaurs

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

3,437. Posted:

The Mercedes-Benz DLC car is coming to North America this summer.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/480017305502773248...

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

3,438. Posted:

I know it's odd to have real world stuff in Mario games, but I'm honestly cool with there being this one car as DLC. Always happy for more content. This game is really a gem already, but I hope this means more DLC could be on the way as well.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Ryno

3,439. Posted:

I know this is a bad comment and I should feel bad but I have never been bored quicker from a video game then with Mario Kart 8.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

Kewlan

3,440. Posted:

Well, the shop I ordered the game from ran out, so I have to wait possibly TWO WHOLE WEEKS. Argh!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List: