Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,341 to 3,360 of 4,852

Shy_Guy

The past few weeks every time I play online on worldwide their is hardly any players playing,I get about 7 people playing in a group and after the race most of them leave and its down to like 2 or 3 players left. Earlier I tried again and this time nobody was in a group,just me. Anybody else have this same problem playing online?

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Nope i get a full group, for some reason is more fun and chaotic when it's packed.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Kewlan

@Shy_Guy I'm having the exact same problem.

Or I start spectating the START of a race. God dangit.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Shy_Guy

Yeah I start spectating at the start too. It's no fun when 4 or 5 players are racing,I can never get a full group anymore

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

Kewlan

Guys, I love Mario Kart 8.
Previously I was playing for the challange, which was also fun, but now that I have gotten all stars in 150cc I can finally relax.

Because I can't online, I tried playing VS Mode with Frantic Mode on. It was so fun just racing for entertainment and just messing with the NPCs. I also tried several different Kart combinations, and I also got to learn how dang sharp you turn with a bike! You know what's funny? Even when I stopped mid race and got back to 5th, I still managed to get back to 1st!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

Mk_II

In online matches it sometimes appears as if some characters recover more quickly from items and other attacks. If this is true, is it determined by the character or the kart?

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Sleepy_Icarus

Mk_II wrote:

In online matches it sometimes appears as if some characters recover more quickly from items and other attacks. If this is true, is it determined by the character or the kart?

Higher acceleration = Better Recovery
This applies mostly to lightweights, like the babies or Shy Guy, Lakitu, etc.
The lighter your Kart is, the faster acceleration as well.

Edited on by Sleepy_Icarus

Sleepy_Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9220-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: StarrKnight

Mk_II

thanks for clearing that up!

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Yoshi

Miss_Dark wrote:

lol.. the guy who was riding right in front of me had an 8 and I accidently stole the star that was floating around him??? I had no idea that was even possible!!! xD

Yeah, you could that in 7 too. Even worse is when someone runs into the Bob-omb.

Also, you could get a boost off someone if they have mushrooms rotating around them. You don't steal the mushroom, but it is nice to get the boost.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

MasterHiggins

What's the closest anyone's been to the finish line and got knocked into last place. My son and I were first and 2nd, he decided to blast me with a blue one at the line, we both got caught up and all the racers past us online.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

MasterHiggins

Out of curiosity, has anyone encountered Japanese racers with the Benz yet?

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

Blast

I'm pretty sure there's a glitch where if you play as Rosalina and if someone throws a bomb at someone in front of you and that bomb hits that person and if you speed through it.... Rosalina will act as if she got a shiny star and become invincible and super fast

There's been multiple times where I had a mushroom and sped through a bomb blast then the game pretended I had got a star.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's a glitch where if you play as Rosalina and if someone throws a bomb at someone in front of you and that bomb hits that person and if you speed through it.... Rosalina will act as if she got a shiny star and become invincible and super fast

There's been multiple times where I had a mushroom and sped through a bomb blast then the game pretended I had got a star.

Wait, really? Post it on here!

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

NintendoGarage

PleaseUnderstan wrote:

Out of curiosity, has anyone encountered Japanese racers with the Benz yet?

Seen only 1 in my entire online play

Instagram: Nintendogarage

Nintendo Network ID: iggyiggz812

Shirma_Akayaku

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

Wait, really? Post it on here!

That's not a glitch. That's intended to happen. Just like how you can use a Mushroom to dodge a Spiny Shell's explosion (not the shell itself), you can use a Mushroom to dodge a Bob-omb's explosion too.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Kewlan
Amazing follow-up to their other Wii U rap!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

luisesteban

How you upload with the slow motion effect?

luisesteban

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic