Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,321 to 3,340 of 4,852

Starblazer

ack! just playing mario kart online (so fun!) and THIS HAPPENED.

I have played Mario Kart for many years...and this MUST BE THE MOST UNFAIR MOMENT IN MARIO KART HISTORY!!!

My wife captured it on her phone:

what do you guys think? IS this the most unfair moment!?!?!? lol.

Edited on by Starblazer

Starblazer

BenAV

@Starblazer That happens quite a lot, it's just the lag online.
I've had times where I've been in first by a mile and it's still said I've come second.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Starblazer

Why Nintendo!!!?! WHY!?!?!? haha.

Starblazer

Yoshi

Starblazer wrote:

Why Nintendo!!!?! WHY!?!?!? haha.

You may blame Nintendo, but it could very well be your internet connection.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BenAV

That's the downside of online play.
I've been killed by lag so many times, you sort of get used to it after a while.
The absolute worst are the red shells that go past you and then hit you front on.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Starblazer

Say it ain't so!!!!! haha.

(I will blame Nintendo. Connection is pretty stable ethernet DSL.)

Imagine if this happened in Call of Duty Wii U?!!? (jokes)

Starblazer

Starblazer

Totally!

I don't remember this heightened level of unfair(ity?) though in previous mk's online...

le sigh.

so fun. yet so brutally capricious.

Starblazer

Walowizard

My friends! I have been out of the gaming loop for a few years now, especially Nintendo!

I don't know where to post this, so I will do it here, hopefully won't upset too many people.

I haven't really gamed since middle school, but I am looking to get back into the fold and Nintendo has truly sucked me in with this Mario Kart game.

One problem.... the Mario Kart bundle is SOLD OUT everywhere in my city!! (((

I have come to my new Nintendo friends to ask where I could possibly buy the bundle online..? Or if anyone knows of any places around me that is not sold out yet (I'm in Vancouver)

Thanks

Walowizard

Yoshi

O_O

What are the odds of two Canadians creating an account less than 10 minutes apart and posting in the same thread?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Starblazer

if this is the case...how can you be sure you EVER really win!?!?

such is the philosophy of the great miyamoto!

teacher of life!! lol.

Starblazer

Yoshi

Usually I don't run into these issues, but I play Regional instead of Worldwide. Playing Worldwide will create some issues.

As to being sure who actually wins, if you've noticed, a couple seconds before you reach the finish line, what place you're in disappears from the bottom right corner. The place that you see when you finish the race and it reappears is the place you actually got in the race.

Now playing:

Kewlan

Look, it's all on the server. So even if you got in before the other guy on your console, you didn't on the server.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Starblazer

"Look, it's all on the server. So even if you got in before the other guy on your console, you didn't on the server."

this seems rather philosophical. lol.

"The place that you see when you finish the race and it reappears is the place you actually got in the race."

Doesn't ease the pain

Starblazer

Popoli007

I've tried regionals. It's a bit easier to get a decent place in at the end of the race there. Going global has lots of chances that you'll get to face monstrosities! I mean there are really a lot of skilled people out there! I'f you're on the challenge then go global. If you're too frustrated to obtain a decent place in a race then may be try regionals first, or hone your skills offline or play with your friends. Don't get discouraged easily.

Popoli007

Nintendo_Ninja

I rarely win in any Mariokart game when I play online (although if it's gba Mario Circuit, I almost always win). But for some reason, during this weekend, I've won almost 20 times in between Mariokart 7 and 8!

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

TheKingOfTown

You must pretty excited to post it 3 times

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Shirma_Akayaku

First Texture Hack!!! Icy Thwomp Ruins

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Yoshi

^^ I love how Nintendo is embracing the Luigi Death Stare.

Now playing:

Kong86

If anyone is up for some racing feel free to add me: Snaps87

Im still struggling a little bit online but its just so much fun. Might have to try a different setup soon though.

Kong86

Inkling

This was supposed to be the fairest Mario Kart, but instead a few games I get 2 blue shells! Most of the time there's no Super Horn either, they give it to 2nd place. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic