Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,281 to 3,300 of 4,852

Popoli007

Just got my very first Mario Kart game yesterday! Yeah, this is my first ever!
I never thought that the Mario Kart series pioneered this type of racing game. I thought that playing “Time Bokan Go(3x)” on PS1 made me really delighted until I saw videos of Mario Kart gameplays made my racing game experience soar to a different level.
Even when I saw the very first SNES: Super Mario Kart, similar kart racing games had no deal of success over it. Anyway just played (for great deal of hours) yesterday and I am really pleased. Can’t wait to sharpen my racing skills to go online, it really feels fun playing with people around the globe with this. I just had to unlock first more characters and vehicle parts.
10/10.

Popoli007

unrandomsam

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

Why didn't Baby Park from Mario Kart: Double Dash get remade for Mario Kart 8!?!?!?!?!

Man, I hope that track is DLC cuz I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Because it was already remade in Mario Kart DS and Nintendo doesn't remake tracks that have already been remade?

Not true - SNES Rainbow Road has existed in 3 games (And it is still the best track they have ever made).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Edwicket

Just unlocked the gold glider after more than 97 hours of play (mostly online). Weird that they made that one thing take so long to get.

Edwicket

Yoshi

unrandomsam wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

Why didn't Baby Park from Mario Kart: Double Dash get remade for Mario Kart 8!?!?!?!?!

Man, I hope that track is DLC cuz I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...Because it was already remade in Mario Kart DS and Nintendo doesn't remake tracks that have already been remade?

Not true - SNES Rainbow Road has existed in 3 games (And it is still the best track they have ever made).

Super Circuit doesn't count. They remade all the SNES courses as filler. True Retro Cups began in MKDS.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

Being in 1st in the middle of a online race is very stressful but its easier if you manage to put distance between you and other racers. Sometimes I've managed to get huge leads where stuff hardly hit me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Whopper744

Man. I had to quit due to having a lot to do today but I had a lot of fun. Even won a couple.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

16bitdave

Does collecting coins while playing people online count towards your coin total to unlock items?

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

Tasuki

Well I have to say as much as I love this game I am getting really annoyed by it. It seems that during the online NL event I would get no higher then 8th place, most of the time I was 11th or even 12th. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not crashing alot I power slide around the corners do the jump boosts off of the ramps but I just cant keep up with everyone else. What is going on. I have been using Daisy and Shy Guy and I just cant do any better then 8th. Any advice?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kewlan

@Tasuki Maybe everyone is really good? One thing that's important is to hug the corners very tightly.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Spoony_Tech

Yeah, I've learned that the NL community is brutal so it might not be what you're doing but they're just that good. I remember playing a bunch in Kart 7 and I couldn't do any better then 5th place and that was every so often. So yeah this community is brutal!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

16bitdave

thank you!

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

Tasuki

I just can't see what I am doing wrong is my biggest problem. I keep switching up my driver, kart parts and everything and it just seems no matter what I do I keep losing. Sad thing is I really like the online play but if I am just going to end up losing. :/

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Blast

Tasuki wrote:

Well I have to say as much as I love this game I am getting really annoyed by it. It seems that during the online NL event I would get no higher then 8th place, most of the time I was 11th or even 12th. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am not crashing alot I power slide around the corners do the jump boosts off of the ramps but I just cant keep up with everyone else. What is going on. I have been using Daisy and Shy Guy and I just cant do any better then 8th. Any advice?

Find a car that has decent speed and acceleration and handling. If your car has none of that then you will never get higher than 5th place. You gotta use items incredibly smart while racing online. And there are people who are just really freaking good.

Like... let's say your car doesn't have any Coins.... your natural speed should STILL be decent.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

Check out this awesome hack!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

@Rukiafan Even though Nintendo Life made an article on a hack? That seems contradictory to me.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/07/hacker_claims_to_dem...

Please tell me where I'm violating the ToS. Show me a link. I don't take blank warnings.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

Here's another "hack".

This is just accessing data within the game. It's an unused test track.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Bigtime

Are people still exploiting that boost glitch thing I read about a while ago? Can't quite remember what it was exactly.

Bigtime

3DS Friend Code: 1203-9892-7345 | Nintendo Network ID: martinf

Spoony_Tech

Bigtime wrote:

Are people still exploiting that boost glitch thing I read about a while ago? Can't quite remember what it was exactly.

I'm quite sure they are. It however works best on time trials so actually seeing it in game or more so online is more rare as it's much harder to do unless you are in front of the pack.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic