Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 4,852

BenAV

@JusticeColde Looks like in that race there's only three of you who aren't CPUs.
Maybe the race cuts out early if there's only one human player left driving, like it would if there was no CPUs?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Blast

Mirror Mode is pretty cool and fun.

Hey, Nintendo.... HEY! Its about time to showcase some DLC.... Now do it the right way. The first batch of DLC should contain characters, tracks, and a better Battle Mode. Make it free or really cheap!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

JusticeColde

BenAV wrote:

@JusticeColde Looks like in that race there's only three of you who aren't CPUs.
Maybe the race cuts out early if there's only one human player left driving, like it would if there was no CPUs?

I think it was the Mario Cup or the NintendoLife GP and I distinctly remember a count of 281 people in the room when I started my run at approximately at 1:33AM PST and the group originally had me and the guy playing as Jesus. I can confirm that no one left that group except for me one race after.

I remember pretty much everything about that race and the full run because I was shooting for a 2nd place finish on the board after race 3 and I was taken out of contention in race 5 (the glitched finish.)

And I've been getting this more often rather recently still with no one leaving the group until after a race.

Edited on by JusticeColde

Tecmo Action Bowl 2014 is available now, get you copy today.
Entertainment, turday.
BL Beatmania '15

3DS Friend Code: 5000-5118-3210 | Nintendo Network ID: JusticeColde | Twitter:

BenAV

We don't need a 'better' battle mode, but an alternate mode (that isn't Balloon Battle) could be a nice addition, but that seems unlikely.
I'd definitely like to see more tracks added to battle mode because the selection is pretty limited right now... Just don't add any arenas, they purely won't work.

As for race tracks, I don't feel like we really need more considering it's a really good selection in this game, but if they do release additional tracks I hope they're at least all good ones, because I don't want more crappy tracks popping up online instead of the really good tracks that we have.

Character DLC still seems the most likely, wonder when it'll actually happen though.

JusticeColde wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I think it was the Mario Cup or the NintendoLife GP and I distinctly remember a count of 281 people in the room when I started my run at approximately at 1:33AM PST and the group originally had me and the guy playing as Jesus. I can confirm that no one left that group except for me one race after.

And I've been getting this more often rather recently still with no one leaving the group until after a race.

Well I dunno then.
I haven't had any issues of races finishing early when I've played in tournaments, but that being said I haven't played in many.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

19Robb92

WiiULoveSquid wrote:

How do you unlock the alternate title screens?

All you have to do is get at least one star on every cup in every CC.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

Honestly, there's one and only one thing wrong with battle mode... Why is there no map on the screen, Nintendo? Seriously. Why? It seems like such a glaring oversight, since you've created a battle mode that practically requires you to use the map, once you're down to like six players standing. It really is awful that they do it that way. It doesn't really work at all. Just add a map to the main screen and literally everything will be much better. And that's something they can actually patch in.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

BenAV

I agree that the only issue with the current battle mode is the lack of an on-screen map.
I don't have any issue playing it because I position my GamePad somewhere where I can it without looking away from the TV, so it works just fine and I really enjoy battle mode.
Went away for a while though and forgot my GamePad charger, so for that time I didn't even bother touching the mode because it really is almost unplayable without the map.
It works how it is, but they should definitely add the option to display it on screen if you choose, as well as the score and items as well... There's enough room for it all to be on the TV screen without obstructing it too much.

BenAV

BenAV

Jazzer94 wrote:

@UGXwolf That's why gamepad players have a huge advantage in battle mode.

Not just battle mode, races too.
I had to play for like a week with no GamePad and you're at such a huge disadvantage when you can't see what items everyone else has in races.
I actually play with a Pro Controller, but being able to see the GamePad screen while I play is a must.

BenAV

Tigus

Have I possibly raced anyone here?

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4350-2155 | Nintendo Network ID: TigusVaton

MsJubilee

Im so happy everyone online has finally been working for me. Except i been seeing some weird things online like the red shells not hitting people they miss for some reason. Things like that is weird anyone else experienced things like this?

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tigus

LOL yes I have was on that weird Yoshi stage and I was in 1st place when a blue shell goes right by me AS IM IN 1ST! XD

Lifes like a game there are those who are good at it and those who need some practice.
-Me

Blast

Why didn't Baby Park from Mario Kart: Double Dash get remade for Mario Kart 8!?!?!?!?!

Man, I hope that track is DLC cuz I would buy it in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

Why didn't Baby Park from Mario Kart: Double Dash get remade for Mario Kart 8!?!?!?!?!

...Because it was already remade in Mario Kart DS and Nintendo doesn't remake tracks that have already been remade?

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Blast

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

...Because it was already remade in Mario Kart DS and Nintendo doesn't remake tracks that have already been remade?

DANG IT. I still hope it becomes a DLC track. Its one of my favorite tracks!

Master of the Hype Train

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

It was so simple yet so much fun. It was and is my favorite from Double Dash!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

It was so simple yet so much fun. It was and is my favorite from Double Dash!

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Master of the Hype Train

BenAV

I don't think Baby Park would be a good choice for Mario Kart 8.
It seems a bit too simple now, especially with the new item system... I don't see it being as fun as it used to be.
I could be wrong though.

BenAV

Kewlan

Rant incoming including lots of caps:

♥♥♥♥ RAINBOW ROAD 64!! Do you know how many times I've tried to get THREE STARS?!?!? LIKE A BILLION TIMES! I always come first in all the other races BUT THEN I HAVE TO GET SCREWED OVER AND OVER AGAIN ON THE SAME MAP!! AND YOU KNOW WHAT SUCKS? It's the LAST MAP IN THE GRAND PRIX, so there's A LOOOOOT of time wasted. GRRRRAAAH! Everytime is the same. ♥♥♥♥♥♥ PIECE OF ♥♥♥♥! And then there's the credits saying like "HOPE YOU HAD FUN!" NO I DIDN'T! I'VE PLAYED THIS FOR A TRILLION HOURS AND THERE'S ALWAYS THAT RED SHELL, THEN A GREEN, THEN SOMEONE KNOCKS YOU OFF, THEN YOU CAN'T CATCH UP BECAUSE THE MAP IS SO SHORT! GOD ♥♥♥♥♥♥ DAMNIT!
♥♥♥♥ YOU NINTENDO.
And the weird thing is it's only happening on Rainbow Road 64. I got 3 stars on the other maps like it was nothing.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Tigus

Dude calm yo face, simply increase the weight, speed and acceleration if necessary. carry an item behind you at all times and only use lv1 boost to get distance from the group of shell blasting nuts.

-Me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic