Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,221 to 3,240 of 4,852

Jazzer94

DreamyViridi wrote:

4500+ VR isn't a crazy amount considering how long the game's been released. I played online as a guest with a friend a couple of weeks back and by the time I had to leave, I had about 2100+ VR, I think? If I actually had a Wii U to call my own, I imagine I'd be in the 6000s by now, if not more.

Depends I'd be in the 6000 range if I could consistently get lobbies with people with high VR ratings around 5000+ but when I'm only finding rooms with sub 3000 people and lucky to get 10 VR points for winning then it takes time.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

BenAV

My VR's currently a bit under 7,500.
I mostly get put in rooms with players with really high VRs, seen quite a few at 9,999.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Mode7

maybe this has been mentioned in this thread before... but anyone notice on the character select screen, the characters are on amiibo-like pedestals?

we've seen that the smash bros. amiibos have the smash bros. logo on the base, and these have the mario kart font on them... foreshadowing?

Mode7

Shirma_Akayaku

MARIO KART 8 IS HACKED

Oh welp.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

BenAV wrote:

I mostly get put in rooms with players with really high VRs, seen quite a few at 9,999.

See this would be why I wish the join friend feature worked so that I could get into lobbies that have people with high VR (not that I have people with high VR on my friends listin the first place though).

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

OCTAGON

WarioMan wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

MARIO KART 8 IS HACKED

Oh welp.

Well, at least it isn't affecting online play yet. It looks like it's only minor currently.

@3DSFan134:
Untitled

Untitled

MKWii was affected a few days later, let's hope that another MK game would not be affected.

An octagon has 8 fantastic sides and 8 awesome angles.
Backlog
Smash 4 Batlle Card
R.I.P. Satoru Iwata....

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

On the topic of the hacks, MrBean (quite well known in the MKWii hacking community I think, seems to be a nice guy) has stated that he makes sure that the hacking doesn't ruin anything. To quote the description of the video posted earlier...

Very very basic stuff, more of a proof of concept rather than anything else. None of this is in any state to be released at present, and it's unlikely that we ever will in the interest of preventing cheaters.
This work is based on the recently released browser exploit, and some additional code that Chadderz wrote to get arbitrary kernel reading and writing, to allow the browser to edit Mario Kart 8's memory on-the-fly. All of this may not look impressive, but it's merely because we don't even know where to start; we can do anything now, anything at all! Custom tracks, custom songs, you name it. We just have to decipher the RAM and work out how.

BenAV wrote:

Wait so it's not possible to get over 10,000VR like in MK7?

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Tasuki

Honestly it's only a matter of time before hackers move into online games, that can't be avoided. It just depends on how fast Nintendo takes to ban hackers and fix the exploits that saves it from getting wrecked.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Shirma_Akayaku

Tasuki wrote:

Honestly it's only a matter of time before hackers move into online games, that can't be avoided. It just depends on how fast Nintendo takes to ban hackers and fix the exploits that saves it from getting wrecked.

They'll manage to hack it again. The Wii mode left the Wii U extremely exploitable, that's the issue they can't fix. I don't think they'll ever fix it permanently. After all, they couldn't fix the Wii now, could they?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

kkslider5552000

Rosalina wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

They'll manage to hack it again. The Wii mode left the Wii U extremely exploitable, that's the issue they can't fix. I don't think they'll ever fix it permanently. After all, they couldn't fix the Wii now, could they?

you just said words, but they don't actually mean anything

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BenAV

Jazzer94 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

See this would be why I wish the join friend feature worked so that I could get into lobbies that have people with high VR (not that I have people with high VR on my friends listin the first place though).

The join friend feature does work...
Sometimes it says that I can't join when I try, but that usually means the room is already full, so if you just keep trying for a while you should usually get in eventually.
I've joined my friends' games and they've joined mine heaps of times with no real issues.

DreamyViridi wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Wait so it's not possible to get over 10,000VR like in MK7?

Nope.
The rating system in Mario Kart 8 seems to be somewhere in the middle of Wii and 7, but I guess closer to Wii's.
It maxes out at 9,999.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Jazzer94

On the topic of the hacks, MrBean (quite well known in the MKWii hacking community I think, seems to be a nice guy) has stated that he makes sure that the hacking doesn't ruin anything. To quote the description of the video posted earlier...

DreamyViridi wrote:

Very very basic stuff, more of a proof of concept rather than anything else. None of this is in any state to be released at present, and it's unlikely that we ever will in the interest of preventing cheaters.
This work is based on the recently released browser exploit, and some additional code that Chadderz wrote to get arbitrary kernel reading and writing, to allow the browser to edit Mario Kart 8's memory on-the-fly. All of this may not look impressive, but it's merely because we don't even know where to start; we can do anything now, anything at all! Custom tracks, custom songs, you name it. We just have to decipher the RAM and work out how.

That means very little as soon as people are aware of where to look to get into the Wii U which he has told us, I could go out tomorrow buy a Wii U and start trying to do the same thing now I know where to concentrate my efforts (I'm not going to as I don't care about making homebrew stuff) this is opening the door to more bad then good.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Kewlan

I guess a high VR only has to do with time. I only have 1200, but I've also only gone plus. So yeah, I haven't played a lot.

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Inkling

Sometimes players are very annoying. I had kept 1st place for the whole race, then BAM a Blue Shell and three Red Shells. Luckily the others were quite far behind, but I got 4th. >=(

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Kewlan

Is it possible to destroy a Blue Shell with a green or red, while it's still on the ground?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

19Robb92

Kewlan wrote:

Is it possible to destroy a Blue Shell with a green or red, while it's still on the ground?

The only thing that can destroy the blue shell is the super horn, so no.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

UGXwolf

19Robb92 wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I don't know about that. I seem to recall seeing someone break a blue shell while it was on the ground without a super horn, but my memory is fishy, so there's no telling how reliable that particular memory is.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jazzer94

UGXwolf wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

I don't know about that. I seem to recall seeing someone break a blue shell while it was on the ground without a super horn, but my memory is fishy, so there's no telling how reliable that particular memory is.

You can only destroy it with a Super Horn, have a star or dodge it with a mushroom just before it touches you.

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic