Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 3,141 to 3,160 of 4,852

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: Do you have a Wii U now?

Yes, had one since this past CHRISTmas!

Ah ok lol. I knew that you had a 3DS but somehow I missed you getting a Wii U. Going to have to add you next time I am on if you dont mind.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Spoony_Tech

Tasuki wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ah ok lol. I knew that you had a 3DS but somehow I missed you getting a Wii U. Going to have to add you next time I am on if you dont mind.

I'll do you one up and send the friend request.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Tasuki

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

I'll do you one up and send the friend request.

Cool and thank you. I will ok it later tonight after work.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Jazzer94

jariw wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Well Polygon still think that this could be the worst selling Mario Kart regardless of the 2 million sales in less than a month.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/27/5847968/mario-kart-8-surpass...

FWIW, Polygon seems to have revised from "the worst selling" to "one of the worst selling".

That is why I said could instead of will.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

rallydefault

@kkslider5552000

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I think my example exactly encompasses what is happening with these articles: lack of experience and analytical prowess.

rallydefault

Jazzer94

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

Well Polygon still think that this could be the worst selling Mario Kart regardless of the 2 million sales in less than a month.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/27/5847968/mario-kart-8-surpass...

Jesus Christ, Polygon. Let it go. You made a stupid mistake. Move on, get over it. Before you're the laughing stock of the internet.

They're probably going to plug that article into every Mario Kart 8 article till it becomes completely unquestionably wrong.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

kkslider5552000

rallydefault wrote:

@kkslider5552000

We'll just have to agree to disagree then, because I think my example exactly encompasses what is happening with these articles: lack of experience and analytical prowess.

Not really. I don't need either to know...um...math. Or common sense. Or any knowledge of...anything in gaming. A 7th grader could point out why this didn't make sense.

Like IGN and Kotaku would be embarrassed by this, that's how stupid this is.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

skywake

Spoony_Tech wrote:

It might be the lowest but I bet the attach rate is the highest! That's all that really matters.

Maybe, who knows how it and/or the Wii U will do in the longer term. That said compared to the three Mario Karts before it Mario Kart 8 launched with about half the install base of the others at their launch. Note that I said half the Wii/DS/3DS and not some dire doomed figure like 1/5th, because that's what it is. Despite that it's about the 2nd or 3rd best selling with Mario Kart 7 being the fastest out the gate of those four followed by either 8 or Wii. It's punching above it's weight, that's for sure.

.......... just maybe not punching above its weight as much as Polygon claims it is

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

rallydefault

kkslider5552000 wrote:

rallydefault wrote:

@kkslider5552000

Not really. I don't need either to know...um...math. Or common sense. Or any knowledge of...anything in gaming. A 7th grader could point out why this didn't make sense.

Like IGN and Kotaku would be embarrassed by this, that's how stupid this is.

Sorry, I still disagree with what you are saying. You do need some experience in an industry to go hand-in-hand with data you are trying to compile.

rallydefault

skywake

rallydefault wrote:

Sorry, I still disagree with what you are saying. You do need some experience in an industry to go hand-in-hand with data you are trying to compile.

Well sure you do. You just don't really need it to know how wrong Polygon's article was. Someone who has even the slightest touch of critical thinking when presented with those numbers wouldn't have come to their conclusion. At most they would have concluded that they didn't know. More likely they would have concluded that Mario Kart tends to sell well and will probably do so again.

Lets not kid ourselves. Polygon KNOW their article is a load of BS. They wrote it knowing it was stretching the truth. It's not journalism, it's clickbait.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

MegaStoneSmash91

This may or may not be a stupid question, but can you put highlight reels on Miiverse? I had a couple I tried sharing, but all it did was tack on a still image to my post and not the video. I don't have a Youtube account, so is that the problem?

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

BenAV

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

This may or may not be a stupid question, but can you put highlight reels on Miiverse? I had a couple I tried sharing, but all it did was tack on a still image to my post and not the video. I don't have a Youtube account, so is that the problem?

You can (I upload tons), but I'm pretty sure you'll need to have it linked to a Youtube account so it can actually upload the video which then gets linked to MiiVerse.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

nintendorules

you need a youtube account as when you upload them to youtube it gives you the option to put them on miiverse

3ds name steven
ac new leaf dream code 6000-2194-6895

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3669-8578 | Nintendo Network ID: Nintyrules123

nintendorules

my Mario kart tournament I would like as many people to join as I can so please join Untitled

3ds name steven
ac new leaf dream code 6000-2194-6895

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3669-8578 | Nintendo Network ID: Nintyrules123

Kewlan

Man, I love this game.
I just played online, and guess what! I got 1st four times in a row!
One of those races was Bone Dry Ruins. You know right before the last turn? I was actually in 4th by then, but the guy who was 1st had been hit by the 3rd guy, and the 2nd and 3rd guy didn't turn good enough, so I flew right past them
I would have saved the highlight reel... but I was too busy spamming the horn in triumph of my success!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Jazzer94

@Miss_Dark Why don't you play on frantic then? I think what you described is exactly why frantic mode exists.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

Miss_Dark wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Miss_Dark Why don't you play on frantic then? I think what you described is exactly why frantic mode exists.

Well I just join games online and they always use coins... Is it possible for me to set up my own game and other people join (other people than friends, I often only have 3 friends online)

Do a custom game search that's what I do when I want to play some frantic matches (which happens more than I thought it would) or you could try finding a community but the downside to that is racing points won't increase.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

BenAV

I was really concerned about the coins when playing the demo, but after spending some time with the game I've really come to like them.
If they weren't an item then there'd be pretty much no way to catch up to first place without a blue shell or triple red shells (second place triple reds are so overpowered in this).
It's annoying when you keep getting coin after coin and then eventually get hit by a red shell, but it keeps that element of luck that makes things fun and really makes you hold your breath each time you go through an item block till you get your precious shield.
Only downside is the days of leaving a trail of bananas in the most annoying places are pretty much over, if you get a first place banana then you need to hold onto it with your life.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic