Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 4,852

shingi_70

It won't be a lot if time since MK8 will be done in development by next month since they have to start production in March and have gone gold by April.

From the Investor Slides it sounds like the game had been done, but Iwata made the team do a delay to try and make better use of the gamepad other than a horn or map. He seems to recognize at least that the company has done a pretty terrible job at showing why the main hook of the system is worth it. I think Donkey Kong is a big reasoning of this.

Another big problem about the may release date is it makes Iwata look pretty incompetent after he parroted away at last year's investor meetings about how delays and droughts hurt the console. They need to either be able to get a game back every three months first parry wise or get third parties back, and I think he said he was going to try and rally the Japanese third parties.

Either way the game is going to be great, and Nintendo could still do well following up a. big release with a comeback at E3 this year.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

jump

Could the gamepad be used as a sterring wheel or is the gyroscope not good enough for that and possibly have the touchscreen being the view from the drivers seat with the tv being the tradtional view?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

DreamyViridi

arronishere wrote:

Could the gamepad be used as a sterring wheel or is the gyroscope not good enough for that and possibly have the touchscreen being the view from the drivers seat with the tv being the tradtional view?

I think the E3 Demo gave you the option of using the gamepad as a steering wheel so I imagine you can do the same in the final game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

WebHead

Sucks that we have to wait until May. Then again, this game is the Wii U's last chance, so I guess they want to be sure it is perfect.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

luisesteban

WebHead wrote:

this game is the Wii U's last chance.

¿Smash Brothers?

luisesteban

shingi_70

luisesteban wrote:

WebHead wrote:

¿Smash Brothers?

3DS kills a lot of momentum for the Wii U game. I'd say Mario Kart 8 is the last game that has a chance of making a big bump for console sales.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

luisesteban wrote:

WebHead wrote:

¿Smash Brothers?

3DS kills a lot of momentum for the Wii U game. I'd say Mario Kart 8 is the last game that has a chance of making a big bump for console sales.

@shingi_70 I'm pretty sure Nintendo is gonna release the Wii U version first then a few weeks later... the 3DS version. It doesn't matter though. Both games will sell really well.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

@shingi_70 Is the 360 version of Titanfall taking alotta momentum from the Xbox One version of Titanfall?????? Is the PC version of Titanfall taking alotta momentum from the Xbox One version of Titanfall? The same answer applies to the Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS situation.
NO.

Master of the Hype Train

WebHead

Mario Kart is Nintendo's strongest IP. I want to say SSB is the last hance, but there's gonna be a 3DS version. and MK sells more than basically any other Nintendo IP, rivaled only by 2D Mario and Pokemon.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

shingi_70

Blast wrote:

@shingi_70 Is the 360 version of Titanfall taking alotta momentum from the Xbox One version of Titanfall?????? Is the PC version of Titanfall taking alotta momentum from the Xbox One version of Titanfall? The same answer applies to the Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS situation.
NO.

Difference is the Xbox One doesn't have the Scarlet Letter and has a better future in general than the Wii U. The Xbox One version is being pushed as the SKU of the game to get and overall the platform is doing well. The Wii U needs smash to sell systems badly and having the game on 3DS doesn't help the prospects of people saying the Wii U game is a must buy when both a 3DS and the 3DS version of the game will be cheaper than buying a Wii U

I think both smash games are going to do well , but the Wii U needs smash more than. the xbox one needs titanfall. ( or the PS4 needs infamous for that matter).

WAT!

Blast

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

NO.

Difference is the Xbox One doesn't have the Scarlet Letter and has a better future in general than the Wii U. The Xbox One version is being pushed as the SKU of the game to get and overall the platform is doing well. The Wii U needs smash to sell systems badly and having the game on 3DS doesn't help the prospects of people saying the Wii U game is a must buy when both a 3DS and the 3DS version of the game will be cheaper than buying a Wii U

I think both smash games are going to do well , but the Wii U needs smash more than. the xbox one needs titanfall. ( or the PS4 needs infamous for that matter).

@shingi_70 I gotta disagree with you on your last point. The PS4 needs Infamous just as badly as the Xbox One needs Titanfall which is just as badly as how much the Wii U needs Super Smash Bros. Can you imagine what would happen if Infamous: Second Son didn't exist and Sony didn't have a huge exclusive for that month? The same applies to Xbox One and Titanfall. Its not just the Wii U who are in desperate needs of a huge hit.
HOWEVER... The Wii U needs it the most.

Master of the Hype Train

UGXwolf

The Wii U has the largest drought, thus far. That's why it's so much more devastating for them. Titanfall being available on not Xbox One is a problem for Microsoft, but not an insurmountable one. Same goes for inFamous, except inFamous isn't available on not-PS4. You can only get it on PS4, so they know the fans will come running.

Even so, I feel like the 3DS version of Smash 4 will encourage the Wii U version. I don't know why exactly I feel that, but I don't think they threw a 3DS version out there, without thinking it could steal the Wii U's thunder. The Wii U version will most certainly be better.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Blast

UGXwolf wrote:

The Wii U has the largest drought, thus far. That's why it's so much more devastating for them. Titanfall being available on not Xbox One is a problem for Microsoft, but not an insurmountable one. Same goes for inFamous, except inFamous isn't available on not-PS4. You can only get it on PS4, so they know the fans will come running.

Even so, I feel like the 3DS version of Smash 4 will encourage the Wii U version. I don't know why exactly I feel that, but I don't think they threw a 3DS version out there, without thinking it could steal the Wii U's thunder. The Wii U version will most certainly be better.

@UGXwolf Agreed fully.

Master of the Hype Train

luisesteban

Well, I hope the next Nintendo Direct fill this febreary-may gap.

luisesteban

WebHead

luisesteban wrote:

Well, I hope the next Nintendo Direct fill this febreary-may gap.

Me too, Feels strange thinking that Nintendo would let March go without a first party game.

WebHead

UGXwolf

As I said before, if they didn't put games off, we'd get a small amount of good games soon and have a really long period of absolutely nothing, after.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

cookiex

Someone on Neogaf found a high quality version of the boxart. Enjoy!

Untitled

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic