Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 4,852

e-love

amiibo Diddy Kong to make him playable?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

jesse-pink

Further Smash Bros, the amiibo will also be compatible with Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Mario Party 10, Yoshi's Woolly World and more. In addition, an accessory coming in 2015 will allow the 3DS to take advantage also.

galaxy s8 galaxy s7 abonnement

Edited on by jesse-pink

jesse-pink

Sunnymjo

Finally ordered the game online today. I hope it will come before the end of the week(orders can take long time where I live). Have summer holiday and time to play games, done with all my exams friday last week. Looking forward to play the game with my sister:)

Sunnymjo

Nintendo Network ID: Sunnymjo

Blast

Come on DLC... get shown this week...

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UGXwolf

Miss_Dark wrote:

RogueBologna wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I just had 7 communication errors in 1 hour time, I practically didnt get to play any courses and NO it is not my internet connection

if nintendo doesn't fix this lag, sorry but then this will be my last nintendo console ever, I'm tired of defending them and thinking "meh they just need more time", the online is pure sh**

That isn't the general experience though. Pure sh** for you, maybe but for the average player it is prefectly fine.

I'm not sure bout that, I've heard several people complain bout the message lag :-/ it's just because of people who keep reposting the same message all the time.. then it always happens. This pisses me off because MK8 is a game with a lot of potential. After the issues with SSBB you'd expect that they've learnt their lesson.

"This is my last Nintendo console ever" seems a tad harsh, don't you think? Don't like defending it? Then stop defending it. The online needs work. I don't know about the people saying otherwise, but this is clearly the case. The frequency with which disconnects happen is unacceptable, even coming from Nintendo, but that's not to say that you should just abandon the company altogether.

Besides, it's not like online is the only thing any company will ever offer again. Some of us actually enjoy playing local, and the local multiplayer is phenomenal. The game does everything right except for the online, and that's an issue that will likely get fixed with time. Maybe it's just an over-abundance of players the servers aren't equipped to handle. Nintendo hasn't been big on online before, so I could actually buy the "we got overwhelmed" line.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

What I wanna see is how Splatoon handles online. When I see that, I'll know how quickly Nintendo is adapting to a more online focus. Until then, I'm not passing much judgment other than "man you guys really weren't prepared for the MK8 launch, were you?"

DreamyViridi

Wait so is online a bit of a problem for MK8? Because while I don't own it, I've played 2-player online with friends for about 14 hours total and we only had 1 disconnect. Any other time was pretty smooth. Not gonna try to defend it though, I probably have no right to since I don't have the game.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Jazzer94

I've only been DC'd like 3 times so I haven't had these problems people keep referring to.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Might I add online is still free from Nintendo. Sure some of us will gladly pay for improved servers but as it stand we pay nothing and Nintendo has to flip the bill for the servers. We get what we pay for really. Yep I said it!

I've been in between on the disconnects. Had about 20 or so but I do get long sessions in as well. It seems to be more of a problem when a friend joins and that works for the people you're playing against as well, so if their friends join it can cause a disconnect. All in all it's been acceptable for me.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

I just got this game last night for my big 33rd birthday and wow, it's as good as I imagined. I didn't sink much time into it though so hopefully I will have more time tonight. Online worked flawlessly and Iwas pretty impressed though I got my but kicked.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

UGXwolf

@Miss_Dark I totally get what you mean. It's the same reason I rage so hard at games. I come home to relax and wind up playing a game and something fairly ridiculous is really frustrating me and I throw a rage fit... then I feel better because I blew off my steam. XD But yeah, it's just one of those "I just wanted to play some frackin' Mario Kart! Dag! Nabbit!" With more expletives. I'm sure Nintendo will get it dealt with, when they realize it's a problem. We should totally spam them to tell them it's a problem! =D

camerica1618

I haven't had many problems at all. The first time I played online there was an error or two but I haven't seen one since.

camerica1618

Ryno

Per David Gibson's twitter:

"in analyst meeting said in usa sold 450k of MK8 in 3 days versus 250k on MK7." "Nintendo said MK8 attach rate in US was 18% versus 7% for MK7. MK8"

https://twitter.com/gibbogame

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Hy8ogen

17 hours in and no DC. I only encounter the error thing while trying to get into a game. But thats about it. The online experience has been flawless so far for me.

Nintendo fan since 6 years of age.
Owned: SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, DS, 3DS, Wii U, PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 and PSP3000.

3DS Friend Code: 5472-8085-9073 | Nintendo Network ID: kkloveit

micronean

obviously, when one accumulates so many online minutes, there's bound to be the odd disconnection. It has happened a few times for me, but it's nothing I would consider a problem, and certainly not an epidemic or flaw of the game or servers.

micronean

UGXwolf

micronean wrote:

obviously, when one accumulates so many online minutes, there's bound to be the odd disconnection. It has happened a few times for me, but it's nothing I would consider a problem, and certainly not an epidemic or flaw of the game or servers.

It's a lot more common for me than "the odd disconnection." I can occasionally play long stretches without trouble, but for the most part, I get DC'd within half an hour of my last connect. While this is still mild, it can definitely be worse, and even if it didn't get any worse, that would still be a fairly unacceptable frequency of disconnects. I'd rather not have to re-enter the online tournament every 30 minutes, and it's especially bad when it actually DC's me during a race..

luke17

2 things I miss in this game: Actual finishing times during Grand Prix (I like to know how much I win or lose by), and a podium featuring the top 3 during the ceremony. I think Nintendo got lazy with this. How can you not include finishing times in a racing game?

luke17

Dave24

I never cared for Mario Kart at all, but I decided I will give it a try, because so far games on U that I never cared about turned out to be the best I played in the series (Tropical Freeze, 3D World) or just plain awesome (TW101).

I started with a few matches online, won Mushroom Cup and... Another unexpected game that I really like! The graphics are wonderful and I didn't see any jaggies or double frames etc. I know now that because of this game there will be no drought for me, because I will have hundreds or thouasands of hours with it. October will come fast

Dave24

Dreamz

For me, Mario Kart is one of those games that's mostly played with other people, rather than something you'll spend a lot of time on yourself, like the Zelda series.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic