Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 4,852

Captain_Toad

BusterRed123 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

MK8 is a good game... but horribly overrated. Seriously, there's much better games in the Mario Kart series. MK8 grants a 7/10 in my book. I still think MKDS will last you a lot longer than MK8.

Why?

Heh, especially since the online for the DS version is now dead.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Spoony_Tech

SockoMario wrote:

BusterRed123 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

MK8 is a good game... but horribly overrated. Seriously, there's much better games in the Mario Kart series. MK8 grants a 7/10 in my book. I still think MKDS will last you a lot longer than MK8.

Why?

Mario Kart DS has a lot more modes, and you can view your records in time trials and grand prix. Also, battle mode doesn't suck.

Is somebody paying you to promote the ds version or something? Look we get it, you prefer the ds version. Many would disagree with you and I'm one of them. Move along now as this is the Mario Kart 8 topic not the ds version love fest!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CapeSmash

Spoony_Tech wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

BusterRed123 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Why?

Mario Kart DS has a lot more modes, and you can view your records in time trials and grand prix. Also, battle mode doesn't suck.

Is somebody paying you to promote the ds version or something? Look we get it, you prefer the ds version. Many would disagree with you and I'm one of them. Move along now as this is the Mario Kart 8 topic not the ds version love fest!

Sorry, it just baffles me that the DS version (a 9 year old game) has more modes that the newer version of Mario Kart.

Edited on by CapeSmash

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Yoshi

SockoMario wrote:

Sorry, it just baffles me that the DS version (a 9 year old game) has more modes that the newer version of Mario Kart.

I don't know about you, but I don't know if I can sit down with a game like Mario Kart 8 and hit restart over and over and over and over again just to get a three star rank in Mission Mode. I'm fine with the omission for the third time in a row.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

UGXwolf

So I've been playing Battle mode online for a bit and I have to say, I think it's awesome. Actually more fun and more interesting than it was in recent entries in the series. With that said, the fact that it's essentially unplayable without a ton of people or at least a gamepad does hurt it, but I was playing alone with the GamePad and I really did enjoy it more than I've enjoyed Battle Mode since MK64.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Jeremyx7

Here's one of many ridiculously crazy races played on the NLife tourney today. Anyone's game in this one and was incredibly close all the way down to the end! [youtube:GLFScGOXdEE]

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

Retro_on_theGo

SockoMario wrote:

NOOOOPE. Only Mario Kart better than this one is Double Dash.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Spoony_Tech

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

NOOOOPE. Only Mario Kart better than this one is Double Dash.

I almost agree. I'll say this is the best Kart since then anyways. Double Dash ruled!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RedYoshi999

I find Double Dash to be terribly overrated too. I'm definitely a MK64 kinda guy.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Yoshi

Jeremyx7 wrote:

Here's one of many ridiculously crazy races played on the NLife tourney today. Anyone's game in this one and was incredibly close all the way down to the end!

But it's still anyone's game!

....Sorry, I had to get that one out of the system. If anyone gets the reference, they win the internet for a day.

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Blast

For those who are kinda getting bored of Mario Kart 8 and is just waiting for the inevitable DLC to be announced at E3.... just PLAY THE FREE GAME THAT NINTENDO OFFERED US WHEN WE GOT MARIO KART 8!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Yoshi

Blast wrote:

For those who are kinda getting bored of Mario Kart 8 and is just waiting for the inevitable DLC to be announced at E3.... just PLAY THE FREE GAME THAT NINTENDO OFFERED US WHEN WE GOT MARIO KART 8!!!!!!

I don't see how anyone can be bored with Mario Kart 8 already unless they've been playing nonstop since release.

Now playing:

Blast

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

I don't see how anyone can be bored with Mario Kart 8 already unless they've been playing nonstop since release.

Agreed but the lackluster battle mode isn't helping either, though. Its a shame its not amazing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shirma_Akayaku

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

Well that's happening to me... a little bit. I'm not bored of it, but I wish there was more.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

jariw

Blast wrote:

Agreed but the lackluster battle mode isn't helping either, though. Its a shame its not amazing.

I can just compare it to the Wii, and IMO the online battle mode has far more potential in MK8 than in MK Wii. Tracking down the racers with the GamePad and the U-turns feels much better than any battle arenas I played on the MK Wii.

jariw

kkslider5552000

Yeah, even though I only played the first normal and first retro cups (and half of that was on the slowest 50cc possible), this is so much better than 7. Like if I ever really get into level design, I need to look in-depth at what didn't work in 7 for me, because this feels so much better. People say the tracks are amazing and they are so far. I mean I've seen the rest of them and I don't doubt that.

Also, I've literally seen footage of the game in HD with 60 FPS, it somehow looks even better playing it. Keep in mind this is nowhere near my most hyped Wii U game, even while playing it, I'm sure plenty of games will be better, at least for me. So no bias...this at least DESTROYS every 360 game I own even in terms of technical graphics (helps that the one I've been playing lately has been Dark Souls) It is the best looking game I've ever owned. It's really the details, and the lighting. Like I kinda hate obsession with technical graphics but I can still love and appreciate all the work put into this and it's still really, really nice to see.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

StarDust4Ever

One of the greatest assets about Mario Kart 8 is tthe seeming lack of rubber banding. I've quickly became a pro at drafting and mini-turbos, despite the fact that I was one of those racers who couldn't snake to save their life in MKDS. I've noticed sometimes when I get in the lead, I'm able to hold it despite the item spam. Also, if you're in first place and get a banana or shell from an item box, hold it behind your cart and don't let go...

In this particular wifi match, I was able to maintain the lead throughout the entire race despite getting spammed multiple times with lightning and blue spinies. One of them even crashed me right before the finish line. I still placed first. Rosalina is unstoppable!

Edited on by StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever

Nintendo Network ID: StarDust4Ever

Adam

I am downloading it now. I've gotten too good at the PC game I've been playing and need something I'm terrible at to balance it out. I haven't added most of my NLife buddies yet since most of you losers didn't get one at launch, but I'm Adam Palma on Wii U (maybe without the space, I forget). I'll probably just get on chat later once it's installed and I've unlocked the tracks.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Jazzer94

So I got 349 points in the NL tournament, I would have got more if I didn't get sand bagged in my last 4 races when I was about to finish 1st or 2nd ah well.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Adam

The courses feel like theme park rides. So many alternate paths though. It's going to take me quite some time before I find the optimal path to lose on.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic