Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 4,852

DefHalan

Everyone expects weapons to be balanced a certain way. I feel they are pretty well balanced in MK8 and the coin item helps a lot with the balancing

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AceDefective

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

I hope the servers get smoothed out soon, as I'm still having trouble playing online. That is, if it's even the servers at all and not something on my end. I got it to work somewhat consistently by manually setting up my Wii U's internet connection, but it would often stick me in empty groups. I end up leaving soon after since nobody joins. I tried to play again today and I couldn't even get into one race. It also won't let me join friends or even recent players. No other game has had this problem.

I think that might be you, I have no problems getting a few races.

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

Dreamz

DefHalan wrote:

Everyone expects weapons to be balanced a certain way. I feel they are pretty well balanced in MK8 and the coin item helps a lot with the balancing

I don't expect it to be balanced at all - I expected it to be random. As it is, we have some sort of pseudo balancing done against player position, which I personally really dislike.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Spoony_Tech

Dreamz wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I don't expect it to be balanced at all - I expected it to be random. As it is, we have some sort of pseudo balancing done against player position, which I personally really dislike.

It's been that way since the very first Kart so I don't know what you're talking about. Those items you listed above should never be given to people in the top spots. I have gotten triple red shells in the second place before and then felt way overpowered. The first place person didn't even stand a chance. I've also been targeted 5 times on the later half of the last lap by red shells and I was in first. All 5 were shot at the same time as well and I still somehow finished first. I think the items are more balanced then ever. Yes I get spammed from time to time but never like it was in Kart 7 which was a bad experience for me. I don't mind the coins in first as it gives you a sense of urgency to get the next item. I do get green shells and bananas about every 4th item so hold on for dear life to those.

Also the blue shells have been toned way down. I see maybe 1 every 4 matches online. I really like that everyone needs to get out of the way this go as it gives you a sense you can catch up a bit. What's weird though is it should be given to those more often in the 3-7th place as any further back unless first lap doesn't stand a chance of catching first.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

whodatninja

Miss_Dark wrote:

ugh the coin is sooo annoying.. had it 5 times in a row while I was second place...

It's even worse than getting hit by your own stray green shell...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Shirma_Akayaku

Miss_Dark wrote:

ugh the coin is sooo annoying.. had it 5 times in a row while I was second place...

That's why I play with Frantic Items.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Yoshi

I like how they added "clicks" in Music Park with the bouncing music notes. They tell you when the notes are going to land on the ground (and when you should perform your mid-air trick). I don't need it though, I've always had the timing down in 7.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BadKitty

Welcome to the true face of death!

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

FrozenLink

My most confusing moment of this game was getting a Bullet Bill in 3rd and blasting ahead of everyone on the final lap, yet also getting a green shell in 12th. Items are better balanced but also really wild sometimes.

FrozenLink

Spoony_Tech

Lightning needs to just go away. I've had it far too many times strike me when I was about to make a move to move up a rank or two on the last turn. If you ask me it's the only item I think is use far too often and needs to die a quick death.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dark-Luigi

@Spoony I know right? It's the POW block all over again.

You gotta admit, even though the blooper is annoying, it does do a good job of block your view. In Wii it just got little drop splatters, but here it's big splats, and the ink is detailed too! :3

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

Spoony_Tech

Dark-Luigi wrote:

You gotta admit, even though the blooper is annoying, it does do a good job of block your view. In Wii it just got little drop splatters, but here it's big splats, and the ink is detailed too! :3

The ink gives me that 3d feeling I want from my games. I actually love it this go around.

MERG said:

Mr_Video

Dark-Luigi wrote:

You could at least avoid the POW Block though, avoiding lightning is impossible, unless you drive into a chasm at the right time.
Agreed on the Blooper this time around, even when I don't have that much ink sprayed on my screen it manages to trip me up.

Mr_Video

Spoony_Tech

DestinyMan wrote:

Every time there's lightning and I'm carrying something like a green shell or banana peel, it jumps off my kart and hits me as I shrink, slowing me down even more. Granted, the lightning slows everyone down except the user, but I still find it a little irritating.

It gives me that sense of urgency that I need to use the item right away. Especially if it's a star or Bullet Bill and then your invulnerable to it. I've lost my stars before and all I can think is should've used it right away.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

kkslider5552000

So I just got this game. I thought I was gonna get Tropical Freeze first (have I mentioned I'm painfully behind on retail releases this year?) but looking at the indies...I think I can wait on that 2d platformer, much as I want to play that.

Time to get that free game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CapeSmash

MK8 is a good game... but horribly overrated. Seriously, there's much better games in the Mario Kart series. MK8 grants a 7/10 in my book. I still think MKDS will last you a lot longer than MK8.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

2Pac

SockoMario wrote:

MK8 is a good game... but horribly overrated. Seriously, there's much better games in the Mario Kart series. MK8 grants a 7/10 in my book. I still think MKDS will last you a lot longer than MK8.

Why?

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

CapeSmash

BusterRed123 wrote:

SockoMario wrote:

Why?

Mario Kart DS has a lot more modes, and you can view your records in time trials and grand prix. Also, battle mode doesn't suck.

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic