Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,761 to 2,780 of 4,852

whodatninja

Miss_Dark wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

so yesterday I was playing mario kart. I was in the third spot, 3 maybe 4 sec away from the finish line but I hit the guy in front of me and ended second. The guy did NOT go over the finish line before me. Yet I was third and he was second in the results. This is the second time that this has happened. Wth?

Lag on your end or theirs. They probably had already crossed the finish line but hadn't registered on your screen yet. Kart 7 was bad at times for that. I would see someone go over the edge only to pass right by me as if they never fell.

ah ok sucks big time!! thanks for explaining

Once I thought I was in the lead, it said 1st place and everything, but when I crossed the finish line turned out it was actually 2nd place. It just happened that one time though. And the race was pretty glitchy already. I blame it on bad reception!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

e-love

Does anyone seem to lose connection ALL the time while in the waiting rooms?

Nothing during the races but always right before a race starts. Is this something that Nintendo can easily fix?

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

BenAV

Emaan wrote:

Does anyone seem to lose connection ALL the time while in the waiting rooms?

Yep, I think everyone in the lobby gets the error, or at least multiple people.
When playing with friends online we all seem to get the connection error at the same time.
Hopefully it's something they can fix because it's pretty annoying (especially when you like the tracks available), but at least it's not during the actual race.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

blaisedinsd

I have had maybe around 10 connection errors and I have not played online that much.

I am hoping it's just overloaded servers since the game is new and that it will settle down. It's not too bad and I can usually get right back on with out an issue.....only one time did it happen a few times in a row.

It sucks because when it happens during a race it hurts your rankings........

SW-7087-5868-6390

blaisedinsd

I found a good way to increase my online rankings.

My kids are terrible online and were logged on when I had a bunch of connection errors so there ranking has got pretty low.

If I play multiplayer online with them while starting the game under their save profile it pairs me up with lower ranking competition to where I can pretty easily dominate and my ranking grows way faster than when I am competing by myself.

I think if they joined me online on my save profile it would match me against my own competition.

Only downside is coin collecting is getting split between two saves and I still am working toward unlocks.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Blast

Just waiting for the inevitable DLC to be announced at E3.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

blaisedinsd

Blast wrote:

I don't think it is inevitible but I certainly hope they do offer a new DLC cup for a reasonable price in the future at some point.

I just hope it is not soon. I want it more to be like something to renew interest in the game once all the current tracks start feeling stale. Characters or cars are not very interesting but tracks or even proper battle mode arenas would be awesome.

Take my rupees Nintendo.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Blast

blaisedinsd wrote:

Blast wrote:

I don't think it is inevitible but I certainly hope they do offer a new DLC cup for a reasonable price in the future at some point.

I just hope it is not soon. I want it more to be like something to renew interest in the game once all the current tracks start feeling stale. Characters or cars are not very interesting but tracks or even proper battle mode arenas would be awesome.

Take my rupees Nintendo.

I'm also willing to bet money that DLC will be announced for this game at E3. It makes too much freaking sense. And guess what? I bet the first batch of DLC will even be FREE.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Whopper744

Miss_Dark wrote:

so yesterday I was playing mario kart. I was in the third spot, 3 maybe 4 sec away from the finish line but I hit the guy in front of me and ended second. The guy did NOT go over the finish line before me. Yet I was third and he was second in the results. This is the second time that this has happened. Wth?

I had something very similar happen to me. I was in 6th, and just passed up 5th and 4th place and crossed the finish line in front of them, but it said I ended in 6th.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Yoshi

Whopper744 wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

I had something very similar happen to me. I was in 6th, and just passed up 5th and 4th place and crossed the finish line in front of them, but it said I ended in 6th.

If you played Mario Kart 7, you would know it was an issue then, too. It's either your end or the server lagging

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Shirma_Akayaku

So when you pick Wario, it sounds like he says "sh*tter!"
I know he's actually saying "cheater" but even my younger siblings thought he said "sh*tter".

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

NinjaWaddleDee

My main complaints with this game:

• Grand Prix is ridiculously unfair sometimes with CPU item spamming.
  • Somewhat frequent NIntendo Network disconnects
  • Roster is mostly okay, but isn't that great

Other than that, holy crap this is the best Wii U game to date, at least for me.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Shirma_Akayaku

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Other than that, holy crap this is the best Wii U game to date, at least for me.

What about Battle Mode?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Yoshi

Rosalina wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

What about Battle Mode?

What about it?

Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Captain_Toad

@brewsky Oh, the new battle mode was poorly received because of the removal of arenas and was poorly executed of new rules. (turning invisible whenever you lose all of your balloons and attacking other players while invisible.)

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

@Captain_Toad

Oh, so people actually have to have strategy instead of aimlessly throwing items in a confined arena?

Also, turning invisible when you lose your balloons is only in multiplayer. And you don't get points when you're invisible.

Now playing:

Captain_Toad

brewsky wrote:

@Captain_Toad

Oh, so people actually have to have strategy instead of aimlessly throwing items in a confined arena?

Also, turning invisible when you lose your balloons is only in multiplayer. And you don't get points when you're invisible.

Heh, but I digress. You said it was addicting. describe your experience.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Yoshi

Captain_Toad wrote:

brewsky wrote:

@Captain_Toad

Heh, but I digress. You said it was addicting. describe your experience.

I've always loved Battle Mode in Mario Kart and this is no different.

The opportunities for strategy have dramatically increased from past titles. The reasons are twofold.
1) You can only hold one item, making each attempt count.
2) it is not confined, you have to make your only shot count as well.

In addition, "Hard" computer players are actually hard.

However, I will admit that Team Battle is not as fun, considering that it narrows your enemies from 11 to 6.

Now playing:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic