Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,681 to 2,700 of 4,852

mystman12

Rosalina wrote:

LuigiDeathStares
"Hi, I'm your murderer"
Untitled

That .gif is incredible.
I also got video of Luigi trying to murder me! I guess that's what I get for knocking him into a pit with a banana and hitting him with my piranha plant.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADRUqF_c_7Fbw

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Ralizah

Anyone else prefer playing this on the Gamepad?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

e-love

Ralizah wrote:

Anyone else prefer playing this on the Gamepad?

Yeah. I was playing online and the GamePad ran out of battery so I had to quickly connect the Wii Wheel. Wasn't the same at all. I like the precision of the GamePad controller. Especially for drifting. This is coming from someone who played with the Wii Wheel all the time in Mario Kart Wii.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Shirma_Akayaku

Rosalina wrote:

LuigiDeathStares
"Hi, I'm your murderer"
Untitled

Apparently, this is trending on KYM.
http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/767878-luigis-death-stare

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Wonkers
  • Nothing happens in Bowser's castle apart from Bowser hitting the track with his fists. The rest is just smoke and hot.
  • Nothing happens in Rainbow Road of whatever description. Except a conveyor belt. And even less star-in-a-circle launch things than in Mario Kart 7. And my gosh how incredibly dull looking the track is. Compare the brightest (and best) rainbow track colours from Super Mario Kart, or even look at the N64 one. Yep, you guessed it, try the 3DS one as well. Whoever said it is a space station I agree with - a lacklustre one at that.
  • Nothing happens in Bone Dry Ruins, which for me is the worst, very worst desert track ever. At least the old ones had a train or something. You go up in the air for a bit and that's it. Useless.

So yeah, Special Cup is an unmitigated disaster. I'm amazed it passed the Nintendo test. I'm done explaining why I hated it but nobody has yet put up any sort of convincing argument why I'm wrong.

On a more positive note, there are some tracks which have the total opposite affect. Mount Wario could well be my favourite track of all time.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

UGXwolf

Bone Dry Dunes is far from the worst desert track. The aesthetic and dark feel match the rest of the cup well, the Bone Piranha Plant is a nice touch, the Dry Bones inside of the giant Bowser skeleton make me giggle, not to mention that this course boasts what is likely the most difficult shortcut to reach and second most difficult to actually use. Alright, so the hazards are few and far between, but the feel of the level ac/dc difficulty of the course itself are something to be aware of.

On top of this, Bowser Castle had some amazing music. Hazards are everywhere, and it still boats some difficult tricks and turns to take advantage of.

As for the new Rainbow Road, there may not be much going on, but I didn't really notice because I was too busy trying not to fall off. Those turns are really difficult to drift around and adjusting to spin boosts can either make or break your run. Furthermore, this is one of the most visually impressive RR tracks, right after the 64 RR remake and the Wii RR.

Besides, SMK's Rainbow Road sucks and the music makes my ears bleed. :V

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

retropunky

Finally got to the N64 Rainbow Road.

Saddened that it was dramatically short.

Onto the online now!

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

CapeSmash

Ranking the Mario Karts (based off my opinion):
1. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Best)
2. Mario Kart DS (Best)
3. Mario Kart 64 (Great)
4. Mario Kart Wii (Good)
5. Mario Kart 8 (Okay)
6. Mario Kart 7 (Mediocre)
7. Super Mario Kart (Meh)
8. Mario Kart Super Circuit (Bad)

Smash Mains:
N64: Captain Falcon
Melee: Mario
Brawl: Sonic
Project M: Link
Smash 3DS: Captain Falcon
Smash Wii U: Ganondorf

DefHalan

Ranking the Mario Karts (based off my opinion):
1. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Best)
2. Mario Kart 8 (Best)
3. Mario Kart DS (Great)
4. Mario Kart Super Circuit (Good)
5. Mario Kart 64 (Okay) Didn't play 64 very much
6. Super Mario Kart (Mediocre)
7. Mario Kart 7 (Meh)
8. Mario Kart Wii (Bad)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Shirma_Akayaku

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

So many Rosalinas on bikes online

This is very true. I think some characters are better than others (probably). For example, when I use Rosalina, I win pretty often, but when I'm Pink Gold Peach, my odds of winning increase a lot more for some reason. I've won more races as Pink Gold Peach than Rosalina, even with the same vehicle combos - Gold Standard / Gold Tires / Peach Parasol.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Retro_on_theGo

Some racers are better than others. Or at the very least, Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach are better than a lo of the racers.

I was racing with Iggy and there was a red shell coming after me and I did a trick off a ramp and the red shell went under me and hit the person in front of me, who was very close in front of me. That felt pretty awesome.
I love this game a lot. This is easily the second best Mario Kart after Double Dash.

Shirma_Akayaku

Dark-Luigi wrote:

I like how each chracter has their own different horn sound. :3

Wario's sounds like a fart. No surprise there.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Yoshi

Ranking the Mario Karts (based off my opinion)

1. Mario Kart DS (best)
2. Mario Kart 8 (best)
3. Mario Kart 64 (great)
4. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (great)
5. (Tie) Mario Kart 7 (good)
5. (Tie) Mario Kart Wii (good)
7. Mario Kart: Super Circuit (good)
8. Super Mario Kart (good)

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Jeremyx7

I would rank the Mario Kart series as follows based off my personal experiences with each game...

1.) Mario Kart 8 (Takes the very very best of every previous mario kart into one while adding a number of new elements and adjustments. Items are much more balanced than ever before making Mario Kart much more skilled based now. This is mario kart perfected.)

2.) Mario Kart Wii (Bikes, biggest & best character roster, in depth character/vehicle stats, fantastic crazy courses, 12 player mayhem, ridiculous overpowered fun items, tricks & more detailed physics for it's time, better retro tracks at the time compared to the DS mario kart. This was a major turning point for the mario kart series for the better.)

3.) Mario Kart 7 (customizable karts that made it easier to find what fits your play style much quicker, flying/underwater mechanics that really added new layers of depth & strategy to every race, the 3 new items are awesome, everything is much more balanced, best new track selection overall to this date imo.)

4.) Mario Kart DS (online was new and great for it's time, a better stat system introduced, few horrible courses in the entire series but also had some of the very best which made up for it, retro tracks were introduced which was awesome.)

5.) Mario Kart 64 (Fantastic game for it's time that set the standard for all future Mario Kart games that would be made in 3D)

6.) Mario Kart Double Dash ( Gameplay was amazing with all the special items for each specific character as well as the character combos you could come up with, with that said it had some of the most absolute uninspiring level design for tracks...incredibly bland, boring, simplistic, and tedious levels in the entire series besides a few exceptions like Wario Colosseum and 2 others.)

7.) Mario Kart Super Circuit (very creative track/level design)

8.) Super Mario Kart (started it all and since then has been improved upon with every entry to the series)

Edited on by Jeremyx7

Wii U online games: Mario Kart 8, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Need 4 Speed: Most Wanted U

3DS online games: Kid Icarus Uprising, Tetris Axis

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0287-3926 | Nintendo Network ID: Jeremyx7

NinChocolate

So I went online custom 150cc... felt very out of place with a baby racer lol. I think we need some metal babies now

NinChocolate

BadKitty

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

So I went online custom 150cc... felt very out of place with a baby racer lol. I think we need some metal babies now

No we need Dry Metal Babies, and Dry Metal Koopa Babies.

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

DK-Fan

Ranking Mario karts so far:

1. Mario Kart Wii - This is a game that grew on me. I thought it was OK but the more I played it, the more I liked it. online was great before the awful hackers appeared. The track design was great, the music, the karts, bikes, characters. A great game. I always found funny how the more popular the game become, the more fanboys hated it. But nerds are that way. They hate everything that is "mainstream". Well worst for them.

2.Mario Kart 8. I have only played it for a the weekend but man what a wonderful game. I have yet to go online but so far it has been nothing but satisfying. Some tracks could have been better and there's too many babies and kids. But so far so good. Time will tell what place it will end up

3.Mario Kart Double Dash. I'l admit this has more nostalgia value than anything but I still enjoy playing it. I like the 2 characters by kart idea. Not so much about the special items though. The track design feels very simplistic but the speed compensates it.

4.Mario Kart 7. I love this game but I always felt it kinda rushed. I dont know why. It's very fun to play and has great tracks but the character selection it's very mediocre. Still good online though.

5.Mario Kart DS. Good tracks and stats. Never played it online.

6.Mario Kart 64. I have yet to understand why they keep saying is the best. The tracks feel empty and clunky and the physics are awful. it's still fun in multiplayer but not that much.

7.Super Mario Kart. hated the music. hated the Mode 7 eye soaring levels. HATED THE DRIFTING. Hate this game.

8.Mario Kart GBA. Never played it.

DK-Fan

kezzarino

I really dislike battle mode in this one...the Yoshi's valley is about the only good one, all the others are just drive in circles doing lap after lap trying to find someone.

Bring a DLC asap with 4 original maps from MK64 + a few new arenas...for example a sphere where everyone is in the "zero gravity" mode with nothing but item boxes and just have an all out free for all. very little or no cover at all. would make for a pretty interesting battle

kezzarino

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic