Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,661 to 2,680 of 4,852

e-love

I love the new Rainbow Road.

DEAL WITH IT

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

electrolite77

Ah the old 'he's winning? On 150cc? Send the blue shells' A.I. Is back then. Still, it made me go outside for a walk so that's something.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Either this game is easier online or I've gotten better. I finished in first yesterday online twice in a row, something I could never do on MK7. As a matter of fact I could hardly ever get first on that game. At times I feel item spammed but others I feel like I've been left alone almost the whole race. That's a feeling I never felt on MK7. I like the fact that skill actually mean a bit more in this game.

Yesterday I had a game where I was comfortably in first and very near the end then all of a sudden I seen and I kid you not 5 red shells appear behind me. 2 hit me right away and another 2 appeared. Thankfully I still somehow finished first as I think those shells might of collided into each other and canceled out!

@NinjaWaddleDee I think you will be in the minority as far as those prices. 3$ is far too much for one character. I'm thinking more like 3$ for 5 new characters. I'll pay 15 for a new cup and 5 new characters, that seems reasonable

I would love to pay 3 bucks for 5 new characters, but with the way DLC pricing goes, I expect one new cup, and one new character for 10 or 15 bucks. That's just how the modern game industry works I'm afraid . In reality, 3 dollars for a character is kind of a bargain when you see that in other games they range from 5 to 10 dollars.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

In reality though, I'm sure Mario Kart characters aren't as complex as characters in fighting games and RPG's. All NIntendo has to do is model a character, create a few animations, and have an actor shout woohoo yaaaay I woooon, and slap a price tag on it.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

NinjaWaddleDee

electrolite77 wrote:

Ah the old 'he's winning? On 150cc? Send the blue shells' A.I. Is back then. Still, it made me go outside for a walk so that's something.

Yeah seriously. It made me want to actually go and study . Getting through singleplayer kind of feels like a chore. This game's online is like crack to me though.

DreamyViridi

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So why does it say Wario Stadium is from DS? I'm almost positive that stage is from Double Dash.

Have you played MKDS? You're thinking of Wario Colosseum.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Rensch

I don't own a Wii U, but I took the game for a quick spin this morning in a local video game shop. I must say I'm impressed, it looks great and it retains the land, air and sea feeling of Mario Kart 7. From my brief moment with the game (just two tracks at 50cc) I couldn't really see how the anti-gravity feature has a huge impact on the game. I hear later on in the game, the antigrav feature becomes much more integral to the game, so I can't fault it based on what I have experienced of the game.

Perhaps I should give the Wii U a go after all.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

Yoshi

Rensch wrote:

I don't own a Wii U, but I took the game for a quick spin this morning in a local video game shop. I must say I'm impressed, it looks great and it retains the land, air and sea feeling of Mario Kart 7. From my brief moment with the game (just two tracks at 50cc) I couldn't really see how the anti-gravity feature has a huge impact on the game. I hear later on in the game, the antigrav feature becomes much more integral to the game, so I can't fault it based on what I have experienced of the game.

Perhaps I should give the Wii U a go after all.

What two courses did you play? Not every course uses anti gravity out the wazoo.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

UGXwolf

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Favorite Track: Thowmp Ruins. This level is just so mysterious and the music is magical. I really want to explore this place in a 3D mario game!

Worst Track - Freaking Rainbow Road. First of all, I do actually find this track interesting. However, 150 cc on this track is a real *****. This is the only track where I have to actually let go of the A button so that I won't fall off. And don't bother using a gold mushroom here, you'll fly off the edge. Also it's overplayed a ton online.

Most overhyped track: Mount Wario. I liked this track at first, but now I find it really annoying for some reason.

Bro? Bro...

Do you even drift?

But no, seriously, I've never had a problem drifting around the corners of Rainbow Road MK8. I always come close to the edge, but I rarely actually fall off. Try drifting sooner or using a vehicle with a better drift. I also noticed that you use the term "annoying" a lot. I mean, sure, single player can be a tad annoying, but that's why I did multiplayer grand prix and why I handle single player grand prix one piece at a time.

I also really love Mount Wario, but can't argue that it gets a LOT of love. Still think Toad Harbor is the most overhyped course in the game, though, as Mount Wario is still pretty awesome, regardless.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Yoshi

Miss_Dark wrote:

can someone give me advice to reach higher spots with your glider? I guess the weight should be low and the acceleration high?

I think that's part of it, yes, but holding back on the control stick or pulling back on the Wii Wheel makes you fly higher.

EDIT: And in other news, a milestone has been reached. 3,000 replies! @Miss_Dark had the honor of being the 3000th post.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Whopper744

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Yeah seriously. It made me want to actually go and study . Getting through singleplayer kind of feels like a chore. This game's online is like crack to me though.

If you have someone you can play local with, I've find it makes it much more fun to tackle those grand prix with a friend, or even 3 friends as I did the other day. Ended up going through some of the 150cc cups for the first time with friends, and it actually saves what trophy you win (well, at least who did the best) and everyone's coins are added to your total. Only thing is, it can make getting three star rankings difficult.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Shirma_Akayaku

Yai wrote:

I just finished 3 starring everything! Some of the courses were quite difficult to hold 1st on. Going to try online soon now that I am used to 150cc more. :3

If you're going online, I reccommend you go to the custom game option, instead of race or battle.
The reason for this is because whenever you pick Race Mode, you never know what cc and item settings you'll get. Plus, you'll be stuck in that speed because the game doesn't change it. Going to Custom Game simply searches for lobbies that are running the settings you want.

For instance, I always pick 150cc with Frantic Items, and I'll always find tons of players in that mode. I pick these settings because I'm tired of doing races in 50cc (which is available online now ).

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

LuigiDeathStares
"Hi, I'm your murderer"
Untitled

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Retro_on_theGo

DreamyViridi wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So why does it say Wario Stadium is from DS? I'm almost positive that stage is from Double Dash.

Nah that's not it. I swear I remember a track very similar to it in DD. I've only played Mario Kart DS in download play either way.

mystman12

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Nah that's not it. I swear I remember a track very similar to it in DD. I've only played Mario Kart DS in download play either way.

I think you're thinking of Waluigi Stadium, which is really similar, but that track was redone in Mario Kart Wii.

Edit: Ninja'd >_<

Edited on by mystman12

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

This Luigi Stare is really becoming a thing isn't it? XD
This NeoGAF thread has tons of 'em, among others!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic