Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,641 to 2,660 of 4,852

NinChocolate

TechnoTaylor wrote:

Anyone else agree N64 rainbow road remake > MK8 new rainbow road?

RR 64 is my least favorite track in the game. So I can't second that . I do love the toads that throw coins from the magical midnight train

NinChocolate

Yoshi

Let me just put in my two cents:

The music is just downright sexy.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Kewlan

Oh my god, I love the new Luigi Death Stare meme.

Edited on by Kewlan

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Ralizah

The remade N64 Rainbow Road feels... magical. The epic music, fireworks, and flying trains really sell it. More style than substance for sure, but it remains one of my favorite tracks in the game. Nothing else has come close to matching the absolutely spectacular 3DS Rainbow Road, of course.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

DefHalan

Ralizah wrote:

Nothing else has come close to matching the absolutely spectacular 3DS Rainbow Road, of course.

I hated MK7's Rainbow Road. I am not a big fan of the 3 Stage tracks, mostly because of that RR.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

whodatninja

I like both Rainbow Roads in the game. Don't see the problem with either. And there isn't a single level here I find bad or boring. Just, some are blander than others is all.

Kewlan wrote:

Oh my god, I love the new Luigi Death Stare meme.

Haha, this made me laugh! Nintendo could use some more POSITIVE interwebs silliness like this...

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

19Robb92

I'm not a huge fan of MK8 RainbowRoad.

Rename it "Satellite Station" and take away the rainbow colors from the track and no one would ever know it was intended to be the next RainbowRoad. It doesn't have that spectacular feeling most RainbowRoad courses have. It feels kind of dull compared to others and very simplistic.

I don't mind it though. It's a fun track. But I just feel as if they could have done a lot more with it. The re-made N64 RainbowRoad overshadows the new one, which it shouldn't IMO.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

BenAV

Usually in every Mario Kart there'll be a few tracks that I absolutely hate... In Mario Kart 8 though, I really enjoy racing on all 32 of them, so that's pretty amazing.

I think my favourite of the lot would have to be Cloudtop Cruise, that track is so much fun to race on and it has an equally awesome soundtrack to go with it.

I actually really like to new Rainbow Road myself... since I figured out that you can jump between the two tracks near the end, I've been really enjoying it.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Dreamz

I admit, while the new Rainbow Road isn't a bad track, it definitely doesn't really feel like Rainbow Road. It's far, far too forgiving of mistakes, and the space station theme really clashes with the rainbow aesthetic.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

UGXwolf

@brewsky You're not alone. I have a thing for the music in this game, too.

TechnoTaylor wrote:

Anyone else agree N64 rainbow road remake > MK8 new rainbow road?

Agreed, however, I don't hate the new Rainbow Road. It's great, it just doesn't stand up to the remake of N64.

For the record: N64 RR (MK8) > 3DS RR > Wii RR > GCN RR > Wii U RR > DS RR > GBA RR > N64 RR > SNES RR (MK7) > SNES RR

And while we're on rankings, my top 3 best and worst NEW tracks in MK8:

Best:
3. Dolphin Shoals (Dat sax and the underwater theme is really fun, not to mention that final turn will eat you and any speed you had alive, if you aren't prepared for it.
2. Bowser's Castle (Call me stereotypical, but the music is amazing, the theme is insane, that giant bowser golem makes me smile every time, and I just overall enjoy this track.
1. Mount Wario (Again, call me stereotypical, but I love this track. I love everything about this track AND IT NEVER GETS OLD!)

Worst:
3. Toad Harbor (Talk about over-played. This ALWAYS gets picked online to the point that I almost never lose on it. I learned the tricks fast, and no one seems to catch on to them. This may not deserve to be this low, but I really dislike how often I have to play this track, and besides, I really like almost every single track in this game, anyways!)
2. Sweet Sweet Canyon (Mushroom Cup's always gotta be kinda boring. I love the theme, but this track always fails to get me to really enjoy it.)
1. Water Park (There's always gotta be that one track that I'm just not happy to play on. I don't find it interesting and it just seems so lacking. We've got this whole water park and we're only racing on the sub coaster?)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NinjaWaddleDee

Am I the only one who finds computer players waaaaay more annoying than actual human players? Whenever I fail a cup on mirror mode I rage because it seems like I just wasted the last 10 minutes of my time, so then I have to replay the same tracks over again. But when I'm playing online I never care if I lose.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

Favorite Track: Thowmp Ruins. This level is just so mysterious and the music is magical. I really want to explore this place in a 3D mario game!

Worst Track - Freaking Rainbow Road. First of all, I do actually find this track interesting. However, 150 cc on this track is a real *****. This is the only track where I have to actually let go of the A button so that I won't fall off. And don't bother using a gold mushroom here, you'll fly off the edge. Also it's overplayed a ton online.

Most overhyped track: Mount Wario. I liked this track at first, but now I find it really annoying for some reason.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

NinjaWaddleDee

Wonkers wrote:

How chronically underwhelming is the newest addition to the Rainbow Road family? Jeepers. Ugly to look at (the track itself, I mean) and boring to drive!

Infact I think as a whole, special cup is disappointing. Cloudtop is wonderful in every sense; the other 3 are extremely disappointing imo.

With the exception of cloudtop cruise, I find special cup really irritating to drive through. Especially when you lose the cup and have to restart. The tracks by themselves are fine, but having to replay them in the same order is really irritating.

Also, even though we have like 30 characters, we really need some more in the coming months as DLC! I would totally pay 10 - 15 bucks for a new character and cup. I think introducing 3 new characters and 3 veteran characters would be ideal. 3 bucks per character seems about right. Also new battle maps would be great. And I would totally pay 20 bucks for a lengthy mission mode with boss battles and such.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Spoony_Tech

Either this game is easier online or I've gotten better. I finished in first yesterday online twice in a row, something I could never do on MK7. As a matter of fact I could hardly ever get first on that game. At times I feel item spammed but others I feel like I've been left alone almost the whole race. That's a feeling I never felt on MK7. I like the fact that skill actually mean a bit more in this game.

Yesterday I had a game where I was comfortably in first and very near the end then all of a sudden I seen and I kid you not 5 red shells appear behind me. 2 hit me right away and another 2 appeared. Thankfully I still somehow finished first as I think those shells might of collided into each other and canceled out!

@NinjaWaddleDee I think you will be in the minority as far as those prices. 3$ is far too much for one character. I'm thinking more like 3$ for 5 new characters. I'll pay 15 for a new cup and 5 new characters, that seems reasonable

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

So far I'm probably finding online to be harder than Mario Kart 7.
Against easier opponents I can cruise my way to first place in most races, but once I'm in a competitive group I'm finding myself getting destroyed by items nearly every race.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Whopper744

I hate to be that guy, but I made a new tournament for anyone to join. Koopalings Thursdays. It's every Thursday and is 5 to 11 pm Eastern time, and its currently set to frantic mode for a crazy change of pace and to give more their chance to win one. Check it out 5842-3646-8790

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Yai

I just finished 3 starring everything! Some of the courses were quite difficult to hold 1st on. Going to try online soon now that I am used to 150cc more. :3

Yai

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3356-2346 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic