Joeynator3000

Oh that, yeah I haven't really messed with that before. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Wonkers

How chronically underwhelming is the newest addition to the Rainbow Road family? Jeepers. Ugly to look at (the track itself, I mean) and boring to drive!

Infact I think as a whole, special cup is disappointing. Cloudtop is wonderful in every sense; the other 3 are extremely disappointing imo.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/outside-centre-film-podcast/id816882615

Twitter:

Electricmastro

Here are the current sales of every Mario Kart game aside from Mario Kart 8 (which sold over 1.2 million units worldwide over first weekend):

Untitled

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

Kewlan

So apparently the hardware sales increased with 666%?
Oh god...

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

DBPirate

Wonkers wrote:

How chronically underwhelming is the newest addition to the Rainbow Road family? Jeepers. Ugly to look at (the track itself, I mean) and boring to drive!

Infact I think as a whole, special cup is disappointing. Cloudtop is wonderful in every sense; the other 3 are extremely disappointing imo.

I think Bone Dry Dunes is the worst in the Special Cup. I really like the others including Rainbow Road. In fact, I think Bone Dry Dunes is the worst and most boring new track in the game. It is better than Dry Dry Desert though...

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Joeynator3000

But I loved the trains in that one. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

mystman12

What's with all the Bone Dry Dunes hate? Sure, it's not the best track in the game but I still think it's pretty good, especially for a desert track, and I've never really liked any desert tracks.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

So @Dark-Luigi and I were doing one last race and it turned out pretty good for the both of us.
During the race, a got hit by 2 Blue Shells, but I stayed in 1st throughout the whole thing.
I managed to help him out on the last lap by hitting Mario with a Green Shell. Got Top 2!

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Shirma_Akayaku

DBPirate wrote:

Wonkers wrote:

I think Bone Dry Dunes is the worst in the Special Cup. I really like the others including Rainbow Road. In fact, I think Bone Dry Dunes is the worst and most boring new track in the game. It is better than Dry Dry Desert though...

I despise Bone Dry Dunes, almost as much as Dry Dry Desert. Its slipperiness is ridiculous with certain vehicles. They're somewhat bland in visual design.
Overall, I enjoy Rainbow Road more than Bone Dry Dunes. Sorry, it's just like that to me.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

SleepyCrossing

Finally got to play MK8 at home today after setting up my bundle. I've only played 50 CC so far (did about half the cups) and 3 online matches which I lost. Horribly. I've unlocked Toadette, Morton, and Iggy. Such an addicting game!

3DS (Playing): Bravely Default, Conception II, DKCR, SMT:IV
3DS Wishlist: Kirby TD, Smash, Pokemon AS, Fantasy Life, Persona Q, Etrian Odyssey Untold
Wii U (Playing): Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Monster Hunter 3U, DKCTF, Zombi U, Shovel Knight
Wii U Wishlist: Bayonetta 2, Hy...

e-love

I had fun with battle mode online last night. I mean the concept is interesting with the whole aspect of trying to find the other racers more so than everyone all being in one close space. I think it worked well on Donut Plains 3, Toad Harbor, Sherbet Land and Yoshi Valley. When the other ones were selected it was pretty much ridiculous, especially Toad's Turnpike.

While I appreciate Nintendo trying to go for a different approach with battle mode (though I think we all know time constraints had something to do with it) there should still be the option for those of us who would rather battle in arenas. I'm hoping that we'll see some creative new arenas with anti-gravity featured as DLC at some point. I'd love to see some battle modes other than balloon battle see a return as well. Am I the only one who enjoyed Shine Runners?

Really enjoying this game so far. I love Electrodome and Mount Wario.

Does anyone else think it's a little too easy to unlock characters? I remember how long it took me to get everyone in Mario Kart Wii, and there was an actual challenge to it. Of course, it's not like I'm too excited to unlock another Koopaling or baby character (what is it with the character rosters lately? Mario Kart 7 had a pretty lame one as well) Nothing that DLC can't fix.

I also think releasing a Mission Mode similar to Mario Kart DS would be solid DLC for this game that would add more to the single-player content. I'm sure Nintendo wants to prolong the appeal of this game as long as possible throughout the rest of the year.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

SparkOfSpirit

Wonkers wrote:

I really like the whole Special Cup. Honestly, Rainbow Road is the only disappointing track in the game to me. Every other track is unique or offers enough original to stand out, but Rainbow Road is so boring. They don't really do anything interesting with the course at all.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

DBPirate

mystman12 wrote:

What's with all the Bone Dry Dunes hate? Sure, it's not the best track in the game but I still think it's pretty good, especially for a desert track, and I've never really liked any desert tracks.

I think Wii's Dry Dry Ruins was the best desert track. Did Mario Kart 7 have a desert track?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

blaisedinsd

50 cc and 100 cc were cake.

150 cc seems a much tougher nut to crack.

When you play online it's generally 100 cc right?

SW-7087-5868-6390

UGXwolf

Donalp15 wrote:

I think that is for saving favourite videos, although I may be wrong, haven't really used MKTV.

No, you're exactly right. It saves a race as a favorite so you can go back and edit it later or just show friends when they come over. You don't have to do this to edit a clip in MKTV, but after a while, recent races will be cut in favor of newer ones, so this ensures you'll still have the clip for later.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Wonkers wrote:

Disagreed entirely. While the Leaf and Star cups are still my favorites, the Special cup was never a slouch for me, and honestly, the new Rainbow Road has really grown on me. It may not be the greatest RR ever, heck it coups easily be the worst, not counting SMK's RR, but it's still a very pretty track and easily the most over-hated one in the game, if not the while series.

Beyond that, I absolutely adore the new Bowser Castle. It's easily in the top 3 new tracks for me. Even Bone Dry Dunes can be pretty fun.

For the record, Banana and Flower Cups are easily my least favorite.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic