Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 4,852

Jazzer94

TrudleR wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Any tips for the 100cc Banana Cup? I'm trying to get three stars, and SNES Donut Plains 3 is driving me insane.

Skip it and go to 150cc as 3 starring that counts for 100cc and 50cc.

.....WHAT??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THIS RELLY TRUE???? >: -((((((((((((((((((((((

I maxed all on 50ccm and I'm on my way to finish the 100ccm with 3 starts each.

Yes it is true I had done half of 100cc before I found out myself.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Why do so many people like Rosalina? Could care less that she's there really. Looks a little goofy with that hair anyways.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

mystman12

I think my favorite track has to be Shy Guy Falls. It has that really crazy feel I miss from Mario Kart Wii, since you drive up and down a waterfall, and it's overloaded with charm. I couldn't help but crack a smile when I first heard the Shy Guys working to the rhythm of the music! To top it off it looks amazing!

I also tried battle mode online, and you know, I actually liked it! Obviously I would like being able to play in arenas, but battling in race tracks give the bate mode a different feel. It would be weird I'm split screen though since the map is on the Gamepad.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

whodatninja

mystman12 wrote:

I think my favorite track has to be Shy Guy Falls. It has that really crazy feel I miss from Mario Kart Wii, since you drive up and down a waterfall, and it's overloaded with charm. I couldn't help but crack a smile when I first heard the Shy Guys working to the rhythm of the music! To top it off it looks amazing!

It's my favourite too! It reminds me of Splash Mountain from Disneyland

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

BenAV

Is it just me, or are Green Shells the new most annoying item in the game?
I've been playing quite a bit online, and every race I do really bad it always starts off with getting hit by a stray Green Shell.
They just always seem to bounce at the right angles, get me every time.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Whopper744

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

DBPirate

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

What's the point in getting three stars in each cup? It's no where to be seen online!!

Well, if you get at least one star in each cup, you get the Golden Kart. I don't know about three stars.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Luffymcduck

DestinyMan wrote:

I got all three stars in every cup! Now I'm just trying the time trials to get more stamps.

Well, there's not much trying needed for Time Trials, since you can get most of the stamps on your first try. They don't have those harder staff ghosts anymore. Thankfully, you can easily get the best times for each track and compete against those, unlike in MK7, in which the lists of ghosts was filled with times worse than the staff ghosts by random players online and streetpass.

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

What's the point in getting three stars in each cup? It's no where to be seen online!!

More specifically, what's the point in racing online at all, since you can't see your overall win-lose stats anywhere (someone please prove me wrong and point me to the right direction). Oh well, you can still play online for fun, with no pressure for your win-lose stats... which kinda takes away the challence and need to get better.

Edited on by Luffymcduck

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Dreamz

TrudleR wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Any tips for the 100cc Banana Cup? I'm trying to get three stars, and SNES Donut Plains 3 is driving me insane.

Skip it and go to 150cc as 3 starring that counts for 100cc and 50cc.

.....WHAT??????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THIS RELLY TRUE???? >: -((((((((((((((((((((((

I maxed all on 50ccm and I'm on my way to finish the 100ccm with 3 starts each.

I'm in exactly the same boat - I really wish I had known that!

ChrisT99 wrote:

My only advice is to make sure you boost off the holes/burrows the moles leave.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Whopper744

Luffymcduck wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I got all three stars in every cup! Now I'm just trying the time trials to get more stamps.

Well, there's not much trying needed for Time Trials, since you can get most of the stamps on your first try. They don't have those harder staff ghosts anymore. Thankfully, you can easily get the best times for each track and compete against those, unlike in MK7, in which the lists of ghosts was filled with times worse than the staff ghosts by random players online and streetpass.

Sgt_Ludby wrote:

More specifically, what's the point in racing online at all, since you can't see your overall win-lose stats anywhere (someone please prove me wrong and point me to the right direction). Oh well, you can still play online for fun, with no pressure for your win-lose stats... which kinda takes away the challence and need to get better.

I guess they do have the points on which you start at 1000 and can go up and down depending on where you place and who you are racing, but that's it unless you are playing a friend. Then it does keep count of wins and losses.
Some of the strangers I've played (like with any game) are scray good and it kind of takes the fun out of it anyway. Especially the one that beat me the other day be literally teleporting in front of me at the finish line.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

JCnator

@DestinyMan The staff ghosts are easy because they're simply only there to show as many shortcuts as possible within 3 laps, rather than picking the best shortcuts for every lap. GBA Mario Circuit had my driver Waluigi with Sport Bike, Slim Wheels and Parafoil actually beating the ghost by 10 seconds, who happens to have a worse kart combo.

JCnator

Yoshi

So...if you place 1st in all four races in a cup, are you automatically rewarded with three stars? In a sense, are stars now awarded based on how many points you earn, and not inclusive of how well you raced?

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BenAV

brewsky wrote:

So...if you place 1st in all four races in a cup, are you automatically rewarded with three stars? In a sense, are stars now awarded based on how many points you earn, and not inclusive of how well you raced?

Yep, that seems to be the case.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

I like Dolphin Shoals, but its shortness is really irritating when you're trying to get three stars. If you don't stay in first place early in the race, you're probably not going to win. I had to start 150cc Star Cup over several times before I finally finished first at Dolphin Shoals.

Other than that, when playing for fun it's a short, intense joyride. And that saxophone...

I love that track, especially the music. Glad I downloaded the BRSTM too.
Dat sexy sax

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Dark-Luigi

Bowsers Castle is the number one track of all time. Seriously, I haven't play a track that awesome with my other favorite Twisted Mansion!

I would kill to own those two tracks!

Too bad there's no luigi related track tho...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it mysel...

Switch Friend Code: SW-0430-1213-7546 | 3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

DBPirate

DestinyMan wrote:

I like Dolphin Shoals, but its shortness is really irritating when you're trying to get three stars. If you don't stay in first place early in the race, you're probably not going to win. I had to start 150cc Star Cup over several times before I finally finished first at Dolphin Shoals.

Other than that, when playing for fun it's a short, intense joyride. And that saxophone...

Agreed. I've been trying to unlock the Golden Kart and it's really hard for me because of Dolphin Shoals.

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Shirma_Akayaku

I'm trying to unlock the Golden Glider fo' mah Pink Gold Peach.

I've made my own stats / combos for online play...

Rosalina / Pipe Frame / Azure Roller / Peach Parasol
or
Pink Gold Peach / Gold Standard / Gold Tires / Peach Parasol

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Yoshi

Does no one appreciate the wondrous beauty that is Electrodrome?

EDIT: I was honestly not expecting the post above me to say that.

Edited on by Yoshi

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Spoony_Tech

Is there really any doubt that the star cup holds the best courses?! Love everyone of those. I'm also surprised I don't hear much love for Sunshine Airport!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic