Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 4,852

AlexOlney

Just discovered something pretty interesting and not that obvious - if you fly into the sign above the finish line with a glider, instead of just stopping you in its tracks (a la Mario Kart 7) it'll swing back and make a fantastic sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMl4tY5pOfk

Edited on by AlexOlney

AlexOlney

Twitter:

ddbangsy

Anyone else been struggling with getting consistent speed starts at the beginning of each race? Maybe it's just me but I'm still trying to figure the timing out. It's cool how the kart setup and driver weight plays a part in this.

ddbangsy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6685-6668-3872 | My Nintendo: ddbangsy | Nintendo Network ID: ddbangsy

AlexOlney

ddbangsy wrote:

Anyone else been struggling with getting consistent speed starts at the beginning of each race? Maybe it's just me but I'm still trying to figure the timing out. It's cool how the kart setup and driver weight plays a part in this.

Try and hit the accelerator just as the '2' stops moving. As the Gamexplain video states (love that channel by the way), try and react to its movement stopping rather than anticipating it, or you'll just stall.

AlexOlney

Twitter:

Budda

ddbangsy wrote:

Yea, I found it tough first as well. But if you get the hang out of it, it's actually no problem anymore.
I have the feeling if you don't press the button exactly where you have to press it, you won't get much boost out of it.
It's a matter of milliseconds I guess.

Edit: Try to look at the lights. As he said in the video. As soon as the second light show up.
This help was implemented on purpose. The second light appearance doesn't match with the countdown. Soo..

Edited on by Budda

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

ddbangsy

Ah excellent, thanks alot for the help @DreamyViridi and @AlexOlney. I should probably start using Gamexplain abit more in future I think I've been stuck in my timing ways with the previous Wii and 7 versions. Thanks again!

Edited on by ddbangsy

ddbangsy

Switch Friend Code: SW-6685-6668-3872 | My Nintendo: ddbangsy | Nintendo Network ID: ddbangsy

Alpha2797

I haven't seen or heard this be mentioned anywhere so I'm going to mention it here. When you honk your horn in MK8, nearby characters (humans and cpus) will jump a bit.

3DS FRIEND CODE: 1848-1714-7175

3DS NNID: Alpha2797

ONLINE PS3 ID: Alpha2797

Steam ID: Alpha2797

Wii U NNID: AlphaKeaton

YouTube Account: Alpha2797

Add me if you wish to do so...

3DS Friend Code: 1848-1714-7175 | Nintendo Network ID: AlphaKeaton

ddbangsy

Cheers @BlueBlurlxM I'll give it a good try from now on. Yea, I'm sure that once you get the hang if it will feel like second nature. What has got me is where I get a small burst, other times a slightly longer burst.... and other times nothing at all haha. Thanks pal

ddbangsy

RedYoshi999

Ok so I derped out on the free game promotion. Didn't realise I had to register the code that appeared on the eShop screen on Club Nintendo as a separate product to the Mario Kart survey that automatically pops up! I was waiting for Club Nintendo to give me a prompt lol. Sure enough when I entered the code I instantly got my free game.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

rallydefault

As some others have been saying, I actually really like the coins. I know this is going to be shame on me, but I've only played the SNES and N64 Mario Karts, so I'm actually kind of used to the coins from the SNES - apparently they haven't been around for awhile though?

Anyway, I had a question - you know how in Mario Kart 64 you could hop during a power slide and change directions while keeping the same slide going? I've been trying to do that, and I'm fairly sure you can't anymore. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

rallydefault

AlexOlney

rallydefault wrote:

Anyway, I had a question - you know how in Mario Kart 64 you could hop during a power slide and change directions while keeping the same slide going? I've been trying to do that, and I'm fairly sure you can't anymore. Can anyone confirm? Thanks!

As far as I'm aware, that's not longer possible. Probably to try and tone down on people abusing chicanes for massive boosts.

AlexOlney

Twitter:

HandheldGuru97

Grrrrrrrrrr...I hate priorities and being poor....I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe July, that way I can still get me a free game...This game has been sounding amazing since day one, glad to see that it really is amazing!

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

DefHalan

HandheldGuru97 wrote:

Grrrrrrrrrr...I hate priorities and being poor....I NEED THIS GAME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe July, that way I can still get me a free game...This game has been sounding amazing since day one, glad to see that it really is amazing!

Forget paying "rent" or eating "food" Get Mario Kart 8 (+ 1 free game)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

BenAV

I bought Mario Kart 8 for $58 AUD (about $20 under RRP), then used the free download to get The Wonderful 101 (which would cost me more than Mario Kart did brand new), and then used the Nintendo Network Premium points from that to download Picross e3.
Such a good deal from a game I would have bought anyway at full price and no free games.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

kletro

How can I change the default Wii remote controls from motion to d-pad? Is it even possible?

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

kletro

How can I change the default Wii remote controls from motion to d-pad? Is it even possible?

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

JoyBoy

kletro wrote:

Press start(+) I think, then you can see the 2 icons in the upper right? You can switch between the two by pressing left and right.

Ah you mean from the beginning... Sorry bout that. I don't know:P

Edited on by JoyBoy

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

BadKitty

Aviator wrote:

We must exchange friend codes.

because we must race together

Aviator9

You know I will my sexy koopa friend~
We have a lot of catching up to do.

Meow~
BadKittysDomain!
[13:12] LordJumpMad stick his thong out at eme
[17:24] LordJumpMad: I will never male you happy >:[
[21:11] LordJumpMad: You insluted my words >:[
[16:32] turtlelink: gdi emmy. You'...

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7082-7558 | Twitter:

Yoshi

kletro wrote:

It is not possible, you must control using a method that uses analog controls (Gamepad, Pro Controller, Wiimote+Nunchuk, Classic Controller) or a method that emulates analog controls (Gamepad motion control, Wii Wheel).

You can't use a D-Pad.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

BenAV

What's everyone's favourite character/vehicle combo so far?

I've found myself using Peach with the Gold Kart, Slick tires and Peach Parasol lately, it feels pretty nice.
I'm giving up quite a bit of speed by going a Medium character, but so far it doesn't seem to be causing too many issues online... guess I'll have to see what happens when it gets more competitive.

I'd like to try getting better with Rosalina on the Sports Bike as an alternative, but the Sports Bike will take a lot more getting used to before I can really use it properly.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic