Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 241 to 260 of 3,963

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

241. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

How about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op.

That'd be awesome.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

VolcanoFlamesNL

242. Posted:

I suspect the case will be like SM3DW's. Disappointment, then HYPE!

VolcanoFlamesNL

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

243. Posted:

VolcanoFlames wrote:

so does that mean each course will have a random new gameplay idea? Because that could be pretty awesome.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GotWiiD

244. Posted:

from what ive seen of mk8 there isint enough hype and disappointment is not an option

Wii U : GotWiiD

AuthorMessage

CM30

245. Posted:

The only reason there's no hype yet is because we only saw about four tracks. Blame Nintendo's unfortunate marketing 'strategy' of 'show hardly anything for months and then blast everyone with info in the last week or two'.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

246. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

The NEXT Mario Kart game after this should be a remake of Double Dash.

Nah, I'd rather no more remakes for a while.

Instead, how about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op. That'd be better.

Maybe some of that would happen, but you fail to account for those that have a bad connection to the internet. Even the slightest bit of lag would ruin that co-op idea. :P
Also, keep in mind that it was still in development. We don't know how much has changed, like SM3DW.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

GotWiiD

247. Posted:

i am plenty hyped for mk8 i want it now :D

Wii U : GotWiiD

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

248. Posted:

I don't recall there being that much disappointment for Mario Kart 8. I think it's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze that's in need of a turnaround.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

idork99

249. Posted:

I love the Mario Kart series and I think MK7 is the best yet! Recently, everytime a new Mario Kart is announced, I personally avoid looking at pics or videos of the game play. I had a chance a couple of times to play the demo of the game (i.e. E3) but resisted. I know I'm going to love it so I avoid all contact until it's officially out. With that said, MK8 can't come soon enough!

For now...

MK7 anyone? If you're an avid MK7 player like myself, please look at my profile and get my FC for 3DS and NNID to follow me on Miiverse and to hook up for a race! See you on the track ;)

idork99

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5654-8551 | Nintendo Network ID: anomo1y

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

250. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I don't recall there being that much disappointment for Mario Kart 8. I think it's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze that's in need of a turnaround.

Honestly, I'm betting DKTF is gonna be one of Ninty's more niche titles in recent years, if it even releases. But the only disappoint I've seen on MK8 is the lack of info.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

cookiex

251. Posted:

VolcanoFlames wrote:

Really? Out of Nintendo's E3 showings this year (or at least those that were playable on the show floor) this one got a lot of attention and praise, probably because people didn't expect more than a beefed up MK7.

Donkey Kong is the one in need of a turnaround.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

CM30

252. Posted:

Neither games need a 'turn around'. The only reason Tropical Freeze gets treated poorly is idiots constantly thinking Retro should be working on Metroid or some other niche series instead of one of the best selling 2D platfomer franchises that ever existed, Or in other words, delusional people that somehow think some 'hardcore' looking game with a 'realistic' art style is somehow going to bring Nintendo the same people as on the Xbox One or PS4.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

253. Posted:

Besides Super Smash Bros., Mario Kart 8 was the most well-received Nintendo game shown at E3. There was a little mumbling from some about it just being a beefed-up Mario Kart 7, but the vast majority of folks praised it for the beautiful HD graphics and new gravity system. I look forward to seeing more footage!

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

254. Posted:

So disappointment leads to hype which leads to disappointment, then rinse and repeat?

Anyhow, Nintendo needs to have a Nintendo Direct on this soon :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

JonnyKong

255. Posted:

I think we're going to get a new trailer for this and Smash Bros in the next Direct for sure, a nice preview for 2014 so to speak.

I really hope they play on the gravity aspect and go hell for leather with their imaginations. I want to see really crazy course design/upside down bits. I bet we'll get a large circular tunnel that when you drive through you can drive all the way round it meaning the green shells will be pretty dangerous no matter if you're upside down or upright.

Edited on by JonnyKong

Nintendo ID: jonnylolface

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

256. Posted:

Mario Kart 8's Rainbow Road will be mind-blowing, of that I have no doubt.

Miiverse

AuthorMessage

cookiex

257. Posted:

Rainbow Road should be the ultimate showcase of the anti-gravity feature. Loops, corkscrews, Mario Galaxy-style sphere racing, the possibilities are endless.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

CM30

258. Posted:

Yeah, Rainbow Road will be amazing. It's also pretty much the perfect place to tie in some more Galaxy references too.

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

259. Posted:

Uh...not to sound whiny but...Is NOONE Going to comment on my find? I mean.....its pretty interesting if I do say so myself!

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

260. Posted:

I think a feature they should bring back is double dash mode at least for multiplayer as it would be awesome to form my old team again baby Mario and Para Troopa.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94