Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 4,852

Big_L91

Datasun_7 wrote:

Online works great been disconnected twice, once was when I was three feet from the finish line in first place -_- absolutely love this game. Just unlocking all the characters and parts now. Got game and wario as my free game. Haven't tried it cos MK8 is too good

let me know what you think of it. having a hard time deciding on whether to get this or wii party u. In no rush because MK8.

put it on.

Jazzer94

Big_L91 wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

Online works great been disconnected twice, once was when I was three feet from the finish line in first place -_- absolutely love this game. Just unlocking all the characters and parts now. Got game and wario as my free game. Haven't tried it cos MK8 is too good

let me know what you think of it. having a hard time deciding on whether to get this or wii party u. In no rush because MK8.

Wii Party U is a lot of fun I haven't played it loads due to other games but if you have a group of people to play with it's a great buy.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Datasun_7

@Big_L91 I have both of those now so hopefully I can help xp I can already say that Wii party U is actually really great if you game with/near other people. Not very good as a solo game though.
Jazzer beat me too it xp

Edited on by Datasun_7

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Action51

No fair, you Brits and UK people got the cool blue shell and keychain thing + more free download games to try!

Oh well...the game is amazing and I get to try Pikmin 3...a series I've never actually tried but always kinda wanted to.

Action51

Jazzer94

Action51 wrote:

No fair, you Brits and UK people got the cool blue shell and keychain thing + more free download games to try!

Oh well...the game is amazing and I get to try Pikmin 3...a series I've never actually tried but always kinda wanted to.

My friend got the Blue shell edition and I've got to say I'm glad I didn't waste money on it as it's kind of lackluster to be honest, I do feel bad you guys in the US only had four games to choose from.
Oh Britain and the UK are one and the same.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

BenAV

Phew, this game is getting me exhausted.
It's still launch day here, and I've spent most of the day since midnight playing this almost non-stop local multiplayer with friends, it's so much fun.
I finished getting three stars on every cup on every difficulty by midday, so now that I'm alone I think it's almost time to jump online and give that a go.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Donalp15

Anyone feel most if the weapons have been tweaked in this game? The Blooper seems a lot more dangerous than in previous games. Meanwhile the Blue shell and red shells are not as bad I feel.
Really enjoying the game, probably the best Mario Kart in a while.

Edited on by Donalp15

FC 0516 7736 7877

Big_L91

@Datasun_7 yeah, i was looking for a fun multiplayer party game, so would you say party u is the better choice out of the two for multiplayer?
i know wario has more single player games but cant see myself getting much enjoyment out of them. i do love wario's quirky style though.

so yeah if you were having a few friends round which would be your game of choice out of the two?

put it on.

Spoony_Tech

I've still yet to get the boomerang Flower but that's more then likely due to the fact I've only played single player and 50cc so first place in every race so far. I have been close twice however to end place. I believe I have 3 more cups to go till 100cc.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

I didn't bother at all with 50cc or 100cc, just went straight for 150cc and then Mirror.
Considering they made it so if you beat something in 150cc it also counts for both 50 and 100 too, I didn't see any point in playing either.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Datasun_7

Big_L91 wrote:

@Datasun_7 yeah, i was looking for a fun multiplayer party game, so would you say party u is the better choice out of the two for multiplayer?
i know wario has more single player games but cant see myself getting much enjoyment out of them. i do love wario's quirky style though.

so yeah if you were having a few friends round which would be your game of choice out of the two?

Yeah just game and wario for a couple hours with my bro and sis. Wii party U all the way. Game and wario isn't bad, but it isn't the fun local multiplayer game you are looking for. I love warioware, so I'm getting a bit of fun out of it but yeah I would go for Wii party U hope I helped

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Spoony_Tech

BenAV wrote:

I didn't bother at all with 50cc or 100cc, just went straight for 150cc and then Mirror.
Considering they made it so if you beat something in 150cc it also counts for both 50 and 100 too, I didn't see any point in playing either.

I think it's more of I want to do it in that order just to familiarize myself with the tracks. I do suck at Karts after all!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

BenAV

Spoony_Tech wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I think it's more of I want to do it in that order just to familiarize myself with the tracks. I do suck at Karts after all!

Haha, well that's fair enough.
I spent a lot of time playing Mario Kart 7, so I felt pretty confident with just jumping into 150cc.
It's really neat that the added the option this time around, rather than forcing everyone to work their way up all over again.

BenAV

Jazzer94

RogueBologna wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Good, I can stop wasting my time

I wish I had know that earlier before beating 50cc.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Spoony_Tech

My son accidentally picked 150cc yesterday when he got home from school only I didn't notice it till the end. Kept tell him wow you must stink at this because your younger sister did much better then you......I did apology after I seen he got 4th overall on the hardest mode first go.

MERG said:

BenAV

Spoony_Tech wrote:

My son accidentally picked 150cc yesterday when he got home from school only I didn't notice it till the end. Kept tell him wow you must stink at this because your younger sister did much better then you......I did apology after I seen he got 4th overall on the hardest mode first go.

Haha.
That's definitely a pretty good effort on a first go, those 150cc AI can be pretty tough.

BenAV

Spoony_Tech

BenAV wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Haha.
That's definitely a pretty good effort on a first go, those 150cc AI can be pretty tough.

Well considering he's only 7 and played very little of Kart 7 I would say and told him he did excellent!

MERG said:

RedYoshi999

Ok, so I've sunk a few hours into the game now, so here's some of my thoughts:
•The game is beautiful! Even though I've been playing on the gamepad because I wasnt feeling too good to sit up and play on the TV, it still looks stunning!
•I jumped straight into 150cc because I heard that it overwrites 50cc and 100cc results, and aside from 3 starring the mushroom cup, I've had my ass handed to me The game handles differently from MKW and MK7, so I've had trouble drifting effectively.
•Bikes have been harder for me to use so far, so I've stuck to karts.
•online works smoothly, jumped into the NL tournament easily (with a mixed bag of results)
•MKTV is cool, however uploading videos takes forever. Seriously, it took at least an hour to upload a 60 second video and since you cant upload while you play, I went to sleep and let it upload. So I dont think I'll be using it too often sadly.
•Coins are evil. I went an entire race online only picking up coins (luckily I still came first) and was even picking them up from as low as 7th place. Not happy!
•The start of a race can be brutal if you try to take the lead. A barrage of items will likely hit you while you pick up coins. Green shells are so much more deadly too.
•track design and retro track selections are brilliant! I actually kinda like Rainbow Road now. The music is amazing too. Sucks how N64 Rainbow Road is only one lap now. Feels too short (at least 2 laps would've been nice)

And most importantly, the game is pure fun! Really hope it helps Nintendo turn the Wii U around.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Big_L91

@Datasun_7 yeah i think ill go for that once club nintendo calms down, thanks alot dude

or dudette

Edited on by Big_L91

put it on.

BenAV

Spoony_Tech wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Haha.

Well considering he's only 7 and played very little of Kart 7 I would say and told him he did excellent!

For sure, quite impressive indeed.

I've just started playing the game online and man, some of these Japanese players are really tough.
I ended up moving to a nice Regional room where I can dominate a bit, actually get my rating up a little.
The connection hasn't been perfect, but it's definitely been better than Mario Kart Wii or 7... quite pleased with how my terrible Internet is holding up so far.

BenAV

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic