Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 4,852

Spoony_Tech

After only 2 cups and about a half an hours game time My impression so far is this game is freaking awesome. Definitely a system seller. Nintendo will do well to keep the adds up for longer then a year if you ask me!

Oh and it's far too nice outside to be playing Mario Kart. After 2 days in a row of rain out weather I'm making everyone go outside for say 10 mins! I kid, there will be plenty of time for gaming, especially on rain days!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

Hey did you guys know that Mario Kart 8 "will likely be available on Nintendo's portable devices?"

On Friday, Nintendo (OTCPK:NTDOY) is set to release its highly anticipated family-friendly go-kart racing game "Mario Kart 8," the latest in the Japanese company's long-running franchise. "Mario Kart 8" is exclusive to Wii U, although eventually the game will likely be available on Nintendo's portable devices.
http://news.investors.com/technology/052914-702601-nintendo-l...

Now that was pretty funny.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

DreamyViridi

@Miss_Dark - No problem! I wish I could say that I can't play because of exams too but sadly, it's because I don't have a Wii U...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

WebHead

Game is awesome and beautiful. a combination I recommend is Luigi+Mach 8 kart+slim wheels+ parafoil glider. Worked very well for my during the flower cup on 100cc.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

DreamyViridi

Miss_Dark wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

@Miss_Dark - No problem! I wish I could say that I can't play because of exams too but sadly, it's because I don't have a Wii U...

my last euros went to mario kart 8... so I'm in a rather difficult position now lol can't really enjoy it that much cause I'm broke I hope I'll find a job for july

I know what you mean. Money's become a bit of an issue for me too ever since the shenanigans that happened at University last year. All I can do is hope for a part-time job during the summer (or get really lucky with the lotto or something. XD). At least you have the game though. I'm a bit jealous of all the people here who are able to play today. ^^"

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Luffymcduck

First impressions: it's... good. No match for CTR or Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed but fun nontheless. It's not as much fun to play as the games I mentioned. It looks fantastic graphically but game mechanics just aren't that fun, antigravity is much more awesome in faster games, like F-Zero (or even some tracks in Sonic Racing).

• Why can't you hold 2 items anymore? I need protection against evil items! This wouldn't be so bad if...
  • ... coins weren´t an item. It's officially the worst MK item and comes literally always when you need a protective item against red shell.
  • You'd think they have more characters to chooce from Mario universe than Metal Mario and Peach, not to mention FIVE different baby characters. I want to drive as Pianta (and Funky Kong of course!).

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

bloody_velvet

Have you guys tried Mario Kart TV really great feature! I already uploaded a clip to YouTube!

Nintendo4life! 3DS FC: 4167-5841-4337 add me. Nintendo Network: ALANZH

Twitter:

Chard5001

Spoony_Tech wrote:

After only 2 cups and about a half an hours game time My impression so far is this game is freaking awesome. Definitely a system seller. Nintendo will do well to keep the adds up for longer then a year if you ask me!

My buddy held out for mario kart before he got a Wii U today. So thats at least one system sold on the merit of mario kart alone.

Friend Safari: Fighting-type, with Pancham, Riolu and Machoke

Always looking for Ghost Safaris.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-3100-3734 | Nintendo Network ID: Chard5000

bezerker99

So far not one gas clerk attendant has been able to redeem my $10 free gas (you know, from the BestBuy pre-order?).

You have to take this piece of paper that gets emailed to you inside the gas station and have the clerk punch in the #s on the credit card.

The first attendant I went up to was a guy with long black hair, looked to be about 28 years old. He looked at the piece of paper and asked, "What is this?"

I wasn't sure if he meant that in reference to the gas card or the Wii U logo on the front. SMH.

Edited on by bezerker99

retropunky

Arrghh... just one more hour until I can finally pick it up...

retropunky

3DS Friend Code: 4313-0436-2109

Jazzer94

looked at the rankings in the NL tournament and it seems I'm 20th (cool).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

electrolite77

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ryno wrote:

electrolite77 wrote:

Request for help please. Anybody know how to play 2-player with one on the Gamepad? It defaults to split screen on the TV.

Was that even an option?

No it was not sadly!

Hopefully they will give us a update that allows it in the future. Sort of like the new Pikmin 3 update!

I had assumed so, it was great in Sonic Racing Transformed. It's a real shame that's missing, again the Gamepad looks utterly irrelevant.

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Henmii

The game is pretty fun, as expected. A pity that they removed the wheelies though!

My favorite stages so far may be Wario mountain and the track with the dolphins! Also, I like what they have done with some of the retro tracks. Wario stadium was always fun, but now they have also added water and anti-gravity. Very good!

Graphically its also very good. Maybe the best looking Wii u game so far. And I also like the slowmotion feature, when you are watching highlights.

By the way: If you see a timetrial ghost from a dutch nutter called Henmii, that's me!

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Joeynator3000

still waiting for my game. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Blast

MAN, THIS GAME IS GOOOOD.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

UTXGamer

Have the game downloaded and waiting for me at home but not gonna be able to jump in and play until tomorrow afternoon at best. The anticipation is killing me.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/AgentCarmichael

Nintendo Network ID: AgentCarmichael

Ralizah

Played it for about 3 hours straight when I got home from work. It is certainly one of the most visually stunning games I've ever played. I won't be able to afford any new games for a while, but this will keep me for quite some time. I've played through all but two of the cups now. The N64 Rainbow Road track is my favorite musically, by far.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

I like how I'm seeing Miiverse friends I haven't seen in months come online now and giving yeah's and posting. That's what a great game does my friends!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I like how I'm seeing Miiverse friends I haven't seen in months come online now and giving yeah's and posting. That's what a great game does my friends!

....Hey wanna add each other again....have I even add you on the Wii U before? xD
Anyways dunno if/when I'll go online with MK8, though.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic