Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 4,852

Budda

Towelie wrote:

I've found this to be one of the easiest, most forgiving Mario Karts ever

In other words -> FAIR!

I was in an online match recently, where I felt behind like crazy and got back to the group in no time.
At the same time, when I'm first you don't get punished being good. You have a big chance getting first. And since you can't protect yourself with mass of Bananas and Shells others have a great chance to pass you, without spam you with Blue Shells and Thunder.

What I'm trying to say. It's your skill this time. I haven't seen an unfair situation in my matches like I had in MKWii.
Online playing is brilliant. Especially if you get in to tournaments of people who stream their games and get a life reaction of them.
Very funny.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

RedYoshi999

Alright it's finally here! Downloading now. Just an hour and a half to go...

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Towelie

BlueBlurIxM wrote:

Towelie wrote:

I've found this to be one of the easiest, most forgiving Mario Karts ever

In other words -> FAIR!

I was in an online match recently, where I felt behind like crazy and got back to the group in no time.
At the same time, when I'm first you don't get punished being good. You have a big chance getting first. And since you can't protect yourself with mass of Bananas and Shells others have a great chance to pass you, without spam you with Blue Shells and Thunder.

What I'm trying to say. It's your skill this time. I haven't seen an unfair situation in my matches like I had in MKWii.
Online playing is brilliant. Especially if you get in to tournaments of people who stream their games and get a life reaction of them.
Very funny.

I agree that there seems less unfairness, but equally the speed at which you are returned to the track after falling off is so much quicker, this game doesn't feel as punishing of mistakes.

Towelie

Shirma_Akayaku

Nintendo Life Starters Tournament Begins Toady!!!
I've posted the code on the first page:
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/mario_kart_8_tournam...

Also, very important poll for today's tournament.
Do you want COM players to fill in spots for missing racers?
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53889f37e4b09c7c151f5eb2

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Spoony_Tech

Whomever said this was easy wasn't kidding. At least the 50cc that is. My 5 year old daughter just took overall 3rd place in the mushroom cup and she has never been good at Mario Kart. I'm actually excited for her as now she will be able to keep up better with her brother and me!

Wow this game looks amazing!! O.O

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryno

@Spoony_Tech: I am not getting this until my B-day on June 10th so that should give you plenty of time to practice to try and beat me!

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Spoony_Tech

Ryno wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: I am not getting this until my B-day on June 10th so that should give you plenty of time to practice to try and beat me!

Lol, I suck in general at Kart games. At least online I usually get owned. Lucky if I even sniff first ever. We shall see if I'm any good at this one though!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

So how's Mario Kart TV going? How long does it take to upload a full race anyways? My internet seems to take forever to upload videos...(then again I've mostly uploaded Monster Hunter, lol)

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Spoony_Tech

Xiao_Pai wrote:

So how's Mario Kart TV going? How long does it take to upload a full race anyways? My internet seems to take forever to upload videos...(then again I've mostly uploaded Monster Hunter, lol)

Don't think you can upload a full race. Ust up to a minute I believe.

MERG said:

Shirma_Akayaku

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Which really sucks though... I could see why only a minute though. It takes a long time to upload.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Joeynator3000

Rosalina wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Which really sucks though... I could see why only a minute though. It takes a long time to upload.

....I thought one of the options was a full race during the direct, though. :c
Ah well, I have a capture device anyways.. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

DreamyViridi

Xiao_Pai wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Xiao_Pai wrote:

....I thought one of the options was a full race during the direct, though. :c
Ah well, I have a capture device anyways.. lol

You can view full races but you can't upload full races..

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Nintendo6400

How do you do a wheelie on the game pad with a bike?

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Captain_Toad

Wheelie's r dead bubby. Only when boosting is possible to wheelie. though it's automatic.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Whopper744

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ryno wrote:

Lol, I suck in general at Kart games. At least online I usually get owned. Lucky if I even sniff first ever. We shall see if I'm any good at this one though!

With online games on MK7 I either would be with a group of people who had no idea what they were doing, or (most of the time) I'd get a couple people (always playing as their Mii) that I could swear were cheating somehow. Maybe some of them just have a lot of time on their hands. We'll see how I do in 8!

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Nintendo6400

Oh that ducks thanks man.

3DS FC: 4854-6437-9458
Friend Safari: Fire- Growlith, Pyroar, Flechling

Dragonfly224

Glad to see you guys enjoying the game!
I have to wait till up to 7 pm (EST) for UPS to deliver my copy T.T

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

e-love

I FINALLY GOT IT I'M SO HAPPY!

My gosh this game looks amazing.

I'm in love with Dolphin Shoals and Mount Wario. Not sure why the new Rainbow Road had some negative reactions from everyone, I think it looks gorgeous. While it isn't as complex as some of the previous ones, I think they captured a perfect atmosphere.

On to the retro cups~

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic