Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 4,852

cookiex

Urgh turns out my local retailer haven't actually stocked MK8 yet even though their website said so.

The wait till 10 AM tomorrow is going to be a drag. Good thing I downloaded Injustice to keep myself busy.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

SubBronze

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

Amazon has let me down again with pre-orders, my Mario Kart 8 still hasn't been dispatched. It has been "dispatching now" since 9:30 this morning... I do have One Day Delivery on it, but now it'll probably arrive tomorrow evening at the very earliest, which is still too late for me and my firend to play it for most of the day.

With this and my Pokemon X arriving two days later than relase day, I'm never using online pre-orders again, they're simply too unreliable...

Amazon are awful with pre-orders, that's why I went with ShopTo, and am playing it now

I've had a bad experience with ShopTo, I ordered something several years ago from them when I lived at a different address and everything was fine. Then a few months ago after not using them for several years they were one of the first places to sell the Journey Collector’s Edition. So I order from them, putting in my newer address. When I check the order details, they sent it to my old address without telling me of some stupid policy where you need to use an address twice before changing it for "security reasons". Luckily I still knew the people there, but anyone else could have easily lost their order and could have done nothing about it. Who knows how many more stupid things that make no sense are hidden in the small print...

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Towelie

Bulbousaur wrote:

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

Amazon has let me down again with pre-orders, my Mario Kart 8 still hasn't been dispatched. It has been "dispatching now" since 9:30 this morning... I do have One Day Delivery on it, but now it'll probably arrive tomorrow evening at the very earliest, which is still too late for me and my firend to play it for most of the day.

With this and my Pokemon X arriving two days later than relase day, I'm never using online pre-orders again, they're simply too unreliable...

Amazon are awful with pre-orders, that's why I went with ShopTo, and am playing it now

I've had a bad experience with ShopTo, I ordered something several years ago from them when I lived at a different address and everything was fine. Then a few months ago after not using them for several years they were one of the first places to sell the Journey Collector’s Edition. So I order from them, putting in my newer address. When I check the order details, they sent it to my old address without telling me of some stupid policy where you need to use an address twice before changing it for "security reasons". Luckily I still knew the people there, but anyone else could have easily lost their order and could have done nothing about it. Who knows how many more stupid things that make no sense are hidden in the small print...

I had that issue before, but it was because it was a new card, it had to be sent to the billing address twice before a new address could be used, ended up going to my parents.

Towelie

Ryno

For those who have both, which do you think looks better, DKC: TF or MK8?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

UGXwolf

That's a terrible policy. How are you supposed to get it to your new address, if they never send it there?

On a side note, does anyone else read the first few pages of these threads and get a chuckle out of how far off the mark all of our predictions and speculations were?

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

UGXwolf

Ryno wrote:

For those who have both, which do you think looks better, DKC: TF or MK8?

I'll let you know, tonight, though it appears MK8 is prettier and DKCTF is more detailed.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

SubBronze

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

I had that issue before, but it was because it was a new card, it had to be sent to the billing address twice before a new address could be used, ended up going to my parents.

To me at least, that’s unacceptable business practice. What if you have no contact with the people who live at the old address? Your order is lost forever. At the very least with Amazon you're sure that your order will (eventually) get to the address you wanted...

Anyway, it has finally been dispatched now. Delivery estimate is still tomorrow, but that probably means 9pm tomorrow...

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Jazzer94

First comment I made on this thread feels so long ago now.

Jazzer94 wrote:

Hope they added the ability to create tournaments within the communities.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DreamyViridi

Heh, yeah. Remember when you jokingly said this?

DestinyMan wrote:

I still feel a little unsure about the baby characters. One or two doesn't hurt, but the four from Mario Kart Wii took up quite a bit of space when there could be other small characters that would be nice additions. What's next; Baby Rosalina?
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Towelie

Bulbousaur wrote:

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

Towelie wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

To me at least, that’s unacceptable business practice. What if you have no contact with the people who live at the old address? Your order is lost forever. At the very least with Amazon you're sure that your order will (eventually) get to the address you wanted...

Anyway, it has finally been dispatched now. Delivery estimate is still tomorrow, but that probably means 9pm tomorrow...

If you have no contact with the people at the old address, you should probably change your address with your bank!
It annoyed me when it happened, but not to the point where I never used them again, their delivery is too damn good.

As for the visuals question, personally I prefer DKC:TF, Wario is too fat for his car and the steering wheel goes into his belly, really annoyed me.

Towelie

Shirma_Akayaku

I hope we can expect more DLC!!!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

JoyBoy

DreamyViridi wrote:

Heh, yeah. Remember when you jokingly said this?

DestinyMan wrote:

I still feel a little unsure about the baby characters. One or two doesn't hurt, but the four from Mario Kart Wii took up quite a bit of space when there could be other small characters that would be nice additions. What's next; Baby Rosalina?
Untitled

Nintendo listens to its fans

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

paul6891

Is it midnight yet!!!!!????

Almost 100 hours on xenoblade. Loving the game.
Friend code 0387 8772 9947
network ID liverpaul

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8772-9947 | Nintendo Network ID: Liverpaul | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

My GameStops opening early tomorrow!! Not quite a midnight sale but I'll take it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sonicfan11589

I just played the demo at a Gamestop when spending time with a friend, a bit puzzling; yet (possibly) amusing is that my friend doesn't own a wii or wii u, but he won 1st place while I, a more experienced mario kart player in recent memory came in 7th. Also the graphics BLEW ME AWAY!! CAN'T WAIT FOR TONIGHT.

Sonicfan11589

Datasun_7

My impressions:
Tracks are amazing. Best tracks in the series.
Kart customisation is excellent, combining parts to find the stats that suit your play style is great.
Item system is odd. Item drops are based on distance I think rather than place. Seems nice and balanced to me. Never really spammed or unfairly dealt.
Looks and runs amazing. Anti-aliazing is disappointing but doesn't take away its beauty.
150cc seems harder than normal.

Yeah about sums it my kinda of initial impressions. Probably played for 3ish hours

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Shirma_Akayaku

TechnoTaylor wrote:

WARNING!!!
If you happen to get your copy of the game early, DO NOT REGISTER UNTIL TOMORROW!!!, there have been reports of people who registered their copy with Club Nintendo early who DO NOT GET THEIR FREE GAME because it is not within the May 30 - July 31 time period required for the free game.

So is midnight fine? 12:00 AM on May 30th?

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Justlink

My gamestop has to be the good one huh. They wouldn't break street date for me and they told me just to come back tomorrow and buy it. When i said i'll just download it, the guy said he'd see what he could do and set me up with a reserved copy, 40% more for the games i was trading in (im not a pro member btw) and now i have $4 dollars back that i wasn't expecting to get.

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic