Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,096

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

221. Posted:

Hope they added the ability to create tournaments within the communities.

SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Ryno

222. Posted:

If anyone wants to preorder from Newegg for $49.99 and free shipping use coupon code EMCWXWW229
http://www.ign.com/deals/?abthid=525822e8c30dcc7d49000008

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/22/mario-kart-8-offscreen-d... check out this ign demo

THE GRAPHICS ARE JUST AMAZING!!!

To much bloom! I bet it looks better on Dolphin! BTW that was a joke. :P Looks great.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

KolbStomp

223. Posted:

DRL wrote:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/22/mario-kart-8-offscreen-d... check out this ign demo

They sure are. Absolutely stunning. :)

Gyro controls are optional right?

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage

KolbStomp

224. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

If anyone wants to preorder from Newegg for $49.99 and free shipping use coupon code EMCWXWW229
http://www.ign.com/deals/?abthid=525822e8c30dcc7d49000008

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

To much bloom! I bet it looks better on Dolphin! BTW that was a joke. :P Looks great.

For split-second I hated you, then you turned it right around! Well done! /highfive!

Bloom... Deal with it.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

AuthorMessage

Jimonfire

225. Posted:

I don't get the people hating on this. It's a major step forward in graphics and gameplay. This will be the Ultimate Mario Kart.

Jimonfire

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

226. Posted:

@Jimonfire: What hate? I've seen nothing but praise for this game so far. I guess you would always have those obnoxious few who just want to be different...

I could be wrong, but the graphics in this game are going to be the best a Mario game is ever going to have.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

227. Posted:

Graphics are nice..... but I just hope the karts and characters are well balanced
All I ever saw people use was Metal Mario on Mario Kart 7...and Funky Kong on Mario Kart Wii...don't want that to happen again

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Tuurtledove

228. Posted:

Supposedly the Gamepad is a little useless however,
With the touch screen only getting used for a obnoxiously dramatic car horn. Which is admittedly a slight shame, As I would have personally preferred a more Miiverse-intergrated option. Where those who have already passed the finish line are able to message everyone across a local match-based Miiverse thread

Edited on by Tuurtledove

"We Breathe These Lies Underneath Falling Skies"

Nintendo Network ID: Tuurtledove

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

229. Posted:

I might get this game, but only if there's a good amount of new content. Especially on the online scene, I want to get into more online games and it'd be nice for Nintendo to fully deliver in this regard (which they've said is their focus for this game).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

micronean

230. Posted:

Tuurtledove wrote:

Supposedly the Gamepad is a little useless however,
With the touch screen only getting used for a obnoxiously dramatic car horn. Which is admittedly a slight shame, As I would have personally preferred a more Miiverse-intergrated option. Where those who have already passed the finish line are able to message everyone across a local match-based Miiverse thread

I don't know what anyone can do with a touchscreen on a racing game--especially on frenetic Kart-racers. Your hands are always busy either steering, or pressing the gas. The only thing that can be done with the screen is to use it for a mirror, a map, or for checking lap times. Basically, just for glancing at, not for touching.

The touchscreen is perfect for telemetry, and for setup changes, and for other menu-derived things. But that isn't a feature in Kart racing games.

micronean

AuthorMessage

CM30

231. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Graphics are nice..... but I just hope the karts and characters are well balanced
All I ever saw people use was Metal Mario on Mario Kart 7...and Funky Kong on Mario Kart Wii...don't want that to happen again

Considering it's been the case since at least Mario Kart 64, I unfortunately don't see that pattern changing. Mario Kart has always had pretty big problems with character/kart balance.

Just look how many people in the Mario Kart DS era used the Dry Bomber because it was good for 'snaking'. How most used lightweight characters in the oldest games. There was also a preferred kart in Double Dash, but I can't remember what one.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

willobee

232. Posted:

Yeah, sure it can be annoying when a bunch of other racers always pick the exact same character, but the party nature of Mario Kart means you always have a chance to win. A slight character or kart advantage will not drastically swing the favour.

Also yeah, touchscreen use is minimal. At best, it can copy the 3DS and DS use of the mini map.

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Il-Fortissimo

233. Posted:

They should bring back the Fake Item Box, and character-specific items (i.e. in Double Dash).

This Super Mario Sunshine avatar clearly illustrates how I'm feeling.

I actually own a few Pianta outfits at home.

Examining magical paintbrushes is one of my hobbies.

AuthorMessage

rockybalboa

234. Posted:

I cant wait for this. It's effin beautiful and looks like a crazy amount of fun to play

rockybalboa

AuthorMessage

GotWiiD

235. Posted:

can i play this yet? :D

Wii U : GotWiiD

AuthorMessage

WebHead

236. Posted:

I REALLY hope this comes out in March.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

GotWiiD

237. Posted:

same.

Wii U : GotWiiD

AuthorMessage

Blast

238. Posted:

The NEXT Mario Kart game after this should be a remake of Double Dash.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

CM30

239. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

The NEXT Mario Kart game after this should be a remake of Double Dash.

Nah, I'd rather no more remakes for a while.

Instead, how about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op. That'd be better.

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

240. Posted:

So I was going through Mario Kart DS's wiki page and I found this line in the "development" section

"They considered letting players place items anywhere on the track instead of just behind their kart. However, the developers found it too confusing because the game already had too many distractions, making it difficult to control where to place items while racing."

Seems like a very overly-ambitious idea for the DS that could work PERFECT for Mario Kart 8 on Wii U dontchu think? I think the Wii U is perfectly capable of handling something like that and it would make fantastic use of the Gamepad.

What do you guys think?

Source of original quote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_DS

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7