Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 4,852

kkslider5552000

I might get this game, but only if there's a good amount of new content. Especially on the online scene, I want to get into more online games and it'd be nice for Nintendo to fully deliver in this regard (which they've said is their focus for this game).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

micronean

Tuurtledove wrote:

Supposedly the Gamepad is a little useless however,
With the touch screen only getting used for a obnoxiously dramatic car horn. Which is admittedly a slight shame, As I would have personally preferred a more Miiverse-intergrated option. Where those who have already passed the finish line are able to message everyone across a local match-based Miiverse thread

I don't know what anyone can do with a touchscreen on a racing game--especially on frenetic Kart-racers. Your hands are always busy either steering, or pressing the gas. The only thing that can be done with the screen is to use it for a mirror, a map, or for checking lap times. Basically, just for glancing at, not for touching.

The touchscreen is perfect for telemetry, and for setup changes, and for other menu-derived things. But that isn't a feature in Kart racing games.

micronean

CM30

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Graphics are nice..... but I just hope the karts and characters are well balanced
All I ever saw people use was Metal Mario on Mario Kart 7...and Funky Kong on Mario Kart Wii...don't want that to happen again

Considering it's been the case since at least Mario Kart 64, I unfortunately don't see that pattern changing. Mario Kart has always had pretty big problems with character/kart balance.

Just look how many people in the Mario Kart DS era used the Dry Bomber because it was good for 'snaking'. How most used lightweight characters in the oldest games. There was also a preferred kart in Double Dash, but I can't remember what one.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

noname001

Yeah, sure it can be annoying when a bunch of other racers always pick the exact same character, but the party nature of Mario Kart means you always have a chance to win. A slight character or kart advantage will not drastically swing the favour.

Also yeah, touchscreen use is minimal. At best, it can copy the 3DS and DS use of the mini map.

noname001

rockybalboa

I cant wait for this. It's effin beautiful and looks like a crazy amount of fun to play

rockybalboa

GotWiiD

can i play this yet?

Wii U : GotWiiD

WebHead

I REALLY hope this comes out in March.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

GotWiiD

same.

Blast

The NEXT Mario Kart game after this should be a remake of Double Dash.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CM30

Blastoise-san wrote:

Nah, I'd rather no more remakes for a while.

Instead, how about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op. That'd be better.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

Twitter:

OdnetninAges

CM30 wrote:

How about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op.

That'd be awesome.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

veeflames

I suspect the case will be like SM3DW's. Disappointment, then HYPE!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

kkslider5552000

VolcanoFlames wrote:

so does that mean each course will have a random new gameplay idea? Because that could be pretty awesome.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

GotWiiD

from what ive seen of mk8 there isint enough hype and disappointment is not an option

CM30

The only reason there's no hype yet is because we only saw about four tracks. Blame Nintendo's unfortunate marketing 'strategy' of 'show hardly anything for months and then blast everyone with info in the last week or two'.

Twitter:

Happy_Mask

CM30 wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Nah, I'd rather no more remakes for a while.

Instead, how about a new Mario Kart game like Double Dash? New tracks, new characters, better graphics and music, online play... except the two person kart gimmick returns complete with online co-op. That'd be better.

Maybe some of that would happen, but you fail to account for those that have a bad connection to the internet. Even the slightest bit of lag would ruin that co-op idea.
Also, keep in mind that it was still in development. We don't know how much has changed, like SM3DW.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

GotWiiD

i am plenty hyped for mk8 i want it now

idork99

I love the Mario Kart series and I think MK7 is the best yet! Recently, everytime a new Mario Kart is announced, I personally avoid looking at pics or videos of the game play. I had a chance a couple of times to play the demo of the game (i.e. E3) but resisted. I know I'm going to love it so I avoid all contact until it's officially out. With that said, MK8 can't come soon enough!

For now...

MK7 anyone? If you're an avid MK7 player like myself, please look at my profile and get my FC for 3DS and NNID to follow me on Miiverse and to hook up for a race! See you on the track

idork99

3DS Friend Code: 3222-5654-8551 | Nintendo Network ID: anomo1y

Happy_Mask

DestinyMan wrote:

I don't recall there being that much disappointment for Mario Kart 8. I think it's Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze that's in need of a turnaround.

Honestly, I'm betting DKTF is gonna be one of Ninty's more niche titles in recent years, if it even releases. But the only disappoint I've seen on MK8 is the lack of info.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

cookiex

VolcanoFlames wrote:

Really? Out of Nintendo's E3 showings this year (or at least those that were playable on the show floor) this one got a lot of attention and praise, probably because people didn't expect more than a beefed up MK7.

Donkey Kong is the one in need of a turnaround.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic