Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 201 to 220 of 4,364

AuthorMessage

CM30

201. Posted:

Well, I did hear they got rid of inward drifting with bikes, as well as maybe a few other things. So the speed differences shouldn't be so ridiculously high this time around.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

202. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Well, I did hear they got rid of inward drifting with bikes, as well as maybe a few other things. So the speed differences shouldn't be so ridiculously high this time around.

Really? Where did you hear that? Inward drifting was the best reason for me to use bikes.

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

Badjacoon20

203. Posted:

64 courses that I think we need!
#1 Banshee boardwalk
#2 Royal Raceway
#3 DK Jungle
#4 (Mario raceway, Moo Moo Farm, Yoshi Valley) any of these would be good.
Battle:
Block fort and/or Double deck

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

AuthorMessage

NintendoLink

204. Posted:

Cant wait til i get my hands on this game. Hope we get baby park and DK jungle.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

205. Posted:

It all makes sense now...
Untitled

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

206. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

CM30 wrote:

Really? Where did you hear that? Inward drifting was the best reason for me to use bikes.

They didn't have any for the Mario Kart 8 demo, but I'm not sure if we can say that it's 100% true yet. However, I noticed that the bikes handle just like the cars, and you can't wheelie. I think the bikes will behave almost exactly like the karts this time around to keep things balanced (because Mario Kart Wii turned into Mario Bike Wii). Also, the vehicles drive almost exactly like they do in Mario Kart 7, so it won't take long to adjust.

I know switching from Mario Kart 64 to Double Dash, or from Mario Kart Wii to Mario Kart DS can be a pain, because the karts handle differently in all of those games, but the transition from Mario Kart 7 to Mario Kart 8 did not feel weird to me at all.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

207. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

CM30 wrote:

They didn't have any for the Mario Kart 8 demo, but I'm not sure if we can say that it's 100% true yet. However, I noticed that the bikes handle just like the cars, and you can't wheelie. I think the bikes will behave almost exactly like the karts this time around to keep things balanced (because Mario Kart Wii turned into Mario Bike Wii). Also, the vehicles drive almost exactly like they do in Mario Kart 7, so it won't take long to adjust.

I know switching from Mario Kart 64 to Double Dash, or from Mario Kart Wii to Mario Kart DS can be a pain, because the karts handle differently in all of those games, but the transition from Mario Kart 7 to Mario Kart 8 did not feel weird to me at all.

I really hope the bikes will be better balanced. While it's awesome to ride Wario on his motorcycle from WarioWare, the bikes really are superior to the karts in Mario Kart Wii, so they tarnished the game somewhat. That's why I was very pleased when they were taken out of Mario Kart 7 and was cautiously optimistic when they were put back in 8. We'll see, but I'm also curious how the customization from Mario Kart 7 will affect the bikes.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

208. Posted:

I'm pretty sure that inward drifting was taken out as well as wheelies. Hopefully that makes bikes a bit more balanced. That and please no Funky Kong :P

Edited on by CapnPancakes

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

209. Posted:

Untitled
Poor Captain. :'(

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Dweeb

210. Posted:

@PloXyZeRO I'm just so upset because Dolphin Dasher was my main in MKWii and it had inward drift...and I hated the customization aspect of MK7...

Is there to was though when even at like of than with it?

Games I'm playing: Xenoblade Chronicles, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked

AuthorMessage

MrWalkieTalkie

211. Posted:

My big bro just walked in and said "Imagine if they add Captain Falcon as some super secret character!?"

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

Chibi-Robo and Excitebiker for Smash!

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

212. Posted:

MrWalkieTalkie wrote:

My big bro just walked in and said "Imagine if they add Captain Falcon as some super secret character!?"

For some reason, I feel like 3DS will get an F-Zero. Mario Kart 7 will look like nothing in comparison to Mario Kart 8, IMO, that's why I think an F-Zero will happen.
They only do one Mario Kart game per console. F-Zero would be improving Nintendo's race entity while not entirely knocking out Mario Kart 7.

Kind of off topic, but I think Wii U AND 3DS will get a Metroid game. As for Starfox, I think Wii U will get that in a similar way they did Starfox: Assault. All those games were great back during the GCN, that's why I opted Nintendo only at the time.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

213. Posted:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/22/mario-kart-8-offscreen-d... check out this ign demo

THE GRAPHICS ARE JUST AMAZING!!!

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

214. Posted:

Anyone else hope that Mario Kart 8 has a autolog feature or something like drive club. Would work really great with miiverse.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

DRL

215. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/08/22/mario-kart-8-offscreen-d... check out this ign demo

THE GRAPHICS ARE JUST AMAZING!!!

They sure are. Absolutely stunning. :)

US Editor, Pure Xbox
US Reviewer, Nintendo Life

Twitter: DaveLetcavage

AuthorMessage

LordFawful

216. Posted:

I just want this and I'm fine with whatever:
Untitled

Paper Mario is represented in Smash! Glorious day!

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

217. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

@PloXyZeRO I'm just so upset because Dolphin Dasher was my main in MKWii and it had inward drift...and I hated the customization aspect of MK7...

Yeah I miss that bike too. I actually miss inward drifting in general. I wish that there was an option to choose between inward/outward drift. They both have advantages but some people just prefer one over the other

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

218. Posted:

Who else wants Bowser's super evil car from Super Mario 3D World as a kart in this game?
Untitled
It would make too much sense.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Thrash13

219. Posted:

That would instantly be the coolest kart in the game! I'm all for it!

Thrash13

Twitter: CThrash13

AuthorMessage

Romeo

220. Posted:

this is such a great game to play with friends/family/girlfriend, etc.

really looking forward to it

• it's a great game for people in a relationship, girls/women just love mario kart :D - well.. everybody does

Romeo