Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,981 to 2,000 of 4,852

Jazzer94

cookiex wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm gonna say this again.....
Nintendo should make the first batch of DLC FREE and the second batch should be really cheap. Nintendo should keep the DLC as cheap as possible so people can't get mad.

If they make the first batch free of charge, people would only want the second batch to be free as well.

That's basically what they did with Pikmin 3, didn't see any real complaints.

That's not what they did. The first DLC still cost money, but with it's release came an update that added an extra mission to the game free of charge whether you bought the DLC or not.

Which was free DLC and they did that more then once amounting to the equivalent of one DLC pack.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

cookiex

Jazzer94 wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Kodeen wrote:

cookiex wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm gonna say this again.....
Nintendo should make the first batch of DLC FREE and the second batch should be really cheap. Nintendo should keep the DLC as cheap as possible so people can't get mad.

If they make the first batch free of charge, people would only want the second batch to be free as well.

That's basically what they did with Pikmin 3, didn't see any real complaints.

That's not what they did. The first DLC still cost money, but with it's release came an update that added an extra mission to the game free of charge whether you bought the DLC or not.

Which was free DLC and they did that more then once amounting to the equivalent of one DLC pack.

But the first pack that came out still cost money. Blast said they should release the first pack for MK8 free of charge and I think that would only make people want the following packs to be free too.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Booboos35

Rosalina wrote:

I think I might make a character specific tournament. Does anyone think it's a good idea?
Maybe something like Koopaling's only, or Light Weight only. Maybe Princesses only....
I'm open to tournament suggestions.

Yeah, Koopalings only, babies only, girls only, boys only, "its" only. That'd be super cool!

The King Of Strong Style

Shirma_Akayaku

Booboos35 wrote:

Rosalina wrote:

I think I might make a character specific tournament. Does anyone think it's a good idea?
Maybe something like Koopaling's only, or Light Weight only. Maybe Princesses only....

Yeah, Koopalings only, babies only, girls only, boys only, "its" only. That'd be super cool!

I might run the tournament like this:

1st Day: Nintendo Life Starters Tournament - From May 30th to June 7th
On the first day the game comes I'll start the tournament. I'll be downloading the game at midnight.

• Players can only pick 1 of the 16 starter characters to play as.
  • All vehicles allowed.
  • All control schemes allowed
    Starters:
    UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

I'll see how it goes, and if all goes well, I'll make more.

On June 1st, I'll start running tournaments that lasts the entire month. So we'll have tournaments that run 1-2 weeks and monthly.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Jazzer94

I think I'll set up a tournament for Mii's as I'd rather play as myself so people immediately know when I pass and beat them.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

yokokazuo

Three Mario Kart 8 commercials came out in Japan

The people in the commercial are from a band called Kanjani 8 and the commercial is called "Kanjani 8 who is fastest?"

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

cookiex wrote:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41777/USA/

FW sales are going to be massive.

And that's just in the US. Add another 200k for another week and the rest of the world. Pushing 500k!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

UGXwolf

I think someone misunderstood me. Much like New Super Luigi U, if MK8 followed that model, you'd essentially get an extra half of the game or more about half a year later. The tracks as they are can certainly last a long time, so what's wrong with adding a bunch of extra content for a much smaller price, muck later.

Also @Miss_Dark Does the game come with more content than any other game before it? Nintendo wouldn't be "intentionally leaving content out." They'd be making more content prior to release as a method of extending the games reach and life. What's wrong with that?

People have given DLC a bad connotation because companies like EA and Capcom like to abuse it to make more money on minimal effort. I've never once seen Nintendo give you less than the full package in the main release and then make you pay for the rest, later. Even in the arguable case of Mario Golf, the game itself was more content than any other Mario Golf game AND $10 than a full release. With only $15 for a seasonal pass that would bring it up to an insane amount of content, given the price of the game, itself.

I just think people have taken the wrong angle and are now attacking DLC because it's DLC and not because it's actually a bad thing.

Heck, even Rusty's Real Deal Baseball gives you quite a bit of bang for your buck, and you can apparently unlock the entire thing for around $20 if you're particularly good. Nintendo's experimenting with pay models. Why are we treating this like a bad thing? When was the last time Nintendo intentionally screwed the user? Give the company a little bit of faith, yeah? They're more likely to have no releases next year because they're planning an insane line-up for the year after than they are to intentionally sell you an incomplete game with the hopes of making you pay more for it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Edwicket

Rosalina wrote:

Yeah that sounds good. Eventually you could have a different tournament for each of the 7 different weight classes. I'll be downloading at midnight - my ID is Edwicket.

Edwicket

camerica1618

Got to try out the demo today. It was really fun. Now I'm even more excited!

camerica1618

RedYoshi999

Just 7 days to go! Need to keep passing the time...

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

Captain_Toad

The wait is killing me. Even though I'm WiiU-less I want to at least see those videos.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Shirma_Akayaku

1 more week left! Remember guys, I'm gonna try to host some tournaments, as well as posting other people's tournament codes on the first page.
If you have suggestions for a special tournament, let me know. If you'd rather make your own tournament, let me know as well so that I can share the code (your NNID/Username will be displayed under your tournament).
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/mario_kart_8_tournam...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

MarceloKamui

How much will it cost on the eshop?

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Shirma_Akayaku

MarceloKamui wrote:

How much will it cost on the eshop?

It should be $59.99, but there's tax too... But I'll be paying zero tax.
Depending on where you live, Nintendo calculates how much tax you pay. In some states you pay a few cents, in others you can pay up to $5+ (New York).
There are even states where you don't have to pay tax, like California and Alaska... Like I said though, it depends.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Budda

I don't understand why the taxes are not included to show the actual costs.
Pretty confusing if you ask me. Well I'm just not used to it I guess.

Just max. 1 Week. Can't wait!
I hope I can get my hands on MK8 this Wednesday.

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Booboos35

ONE WEEK. IM SO BORED. I NEED IT NOW.

The King Of Strong Style

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic