Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 4,852

LzWinky

OMG is that picture confirmed!? I bet it's DLC

Edited on by LzWinky

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

BenAV

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm just annoyed that they had to remove other, far more deserving characters to get these ten in the game.

What makes one character more deserving than another?

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

UGXwolf

BenAV wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm just annoyed that they had to remove other, far more deserving characters to get these ten in the game.

What makes one character more deserving than another?

Obviously, "deserving" isn't really the word I want, here, but I don't know what word better describes it, so for the sake of argument, not being a clone helps. Being a common player in Mario spin-off titles is a good idea, too. Seriously, when's the last time Birdo missed a Mario sporting event that wasn't on a handheld? It also helps if they have any kind of considerable fanbase (the Koopalings get a few points, here, but King Boo gets way more than they do.) There are a good number of reasons why I'd like for them to have kept some of the good characters from previous entries. Heck, what conceivable reason did they have to drop Diddy Kong? I mean, I think it was obvious Funky would be the one-shot of MK Wii, but why didn't they bring back Diddy?

I'm not saying they should mutilate the current roster to bring these characters back. In fact, exactly the opposite. That's the kind of thing I was speaking out against. This is on the Wii U. There's plenty of space for a few more characters. What would've been the harm in have one more row and filling it with Birdo, Diddy Kong, King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., and maybe Dry Bowser or some other character that people really liked. Heck, Hammer Bros or Magikoopa could've fit right in there. Or I'd even accept Baby Bowser as a playable character. At this point, DLC is the only hope we have for a more diverse roster, which just shouldn't be the case. If anything, some of the babies should be DLC. Maybe Pink Gold Peach and Gold Mario could be DLC. Why cut it off at 30, when the roster can be so much bigger, and why make the roster so cloney when the Mushroom Kingdom has so much to choose from. I just think it's a shame that some fan favorites were dropped for the sake of adding a couple clones.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

BenAV

@UGXwolf Well fair enough.
Personally being a fan of Peach and Rosalina, I welcome the new characters because it gives me a few more to choose from... never plan to play as the other 25 and I'd never play as the ones who didn't make it either.
At first the addition of Pink Gold Peach was a bit strange, but the way I've been looking at it, if you're going to have Metal Mario (who I despise) then might as well have a more interesting Metal Character too.
I do think there are too many clones taking up the roster, so let's get rid of Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Daisy and Metal Mario please.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

JoeyTS

I played the demo at Gamestop and it was really fun!!! The only issue I had was that it was a little easy, but it was 100 cc so I can't complain.

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

UGXwolf

Rosalina wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep me occupied for the time being? Anime / manga, gameplay, etc.
I'm dying for Mario Kart 8 already! X(

The Humble Bundle is doing daily sales. =D Keep an eye on that, because if you don't like the day's selection of games, come back tomorrow for another awesome deal. Heck, it seems like a lot of the daily deals are games that could probably run on a computer that isn't really intended for gaming. But maybe I'm wrong about that.

I'm also not sure if you're a PC gamer at all, so this may be a waste of a comment altogether. X3

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

MegaStoneSmash91

@UGXwolf Pretty much agree on your take of the roster. I love the Koopalings and all, but if they really did have to replace some characters because of them, well it just doesn't seem right. Birdo, Dry Bones, and Diddy Kong to a lesser extent, are all Mario spin-off veterans. Why they aren't here makes little sense. And if we're bringing in more enemies like Shy Guy and Lakitu, why not other popular foes? A Hammer Bro or Kamek would fit in quite nicely. I'm all for the Koopalings' inclusion, but they shouldn't have to replace anyone to be there. Especially not series veterans who have basically become staple characters.

Pink Gold Peach seems like a random character to be put together for this game. She doesn't even exist, unlike Metal Mario. She's literally just a weight class change and (much more literally) a new paint job. Then again, so is Metal Mario, but he has actually appeared before in something other than Mario Kart. Therefore, his appearance feels more justified. Baby Rosalina makes much more sense despite also not existing until now. I still don't mind either one's inclusion really, but if some of the left out characters were still here it would annoy me less.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Eel

I think they should have made Baby Rosalina a little heavier than feather weight. That would make her different from the other babies and a viable option for people who like them but don't like their weight class.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

MuchoMochi

So my local Gamestop put up a demo for this game Thursday Night, so I was one of the few people who got to play it before the demo weekend event, and let me just say it's awesome I can't wait to pick it up!

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

the_dude057

Moorpheel wrote:

I think they should have made Baby Rosalina a little heavier than feather weight.

Blue Gold Baby Rosalina?

3DS Friend Code: 3582-8462-4664
3DS games:
-Mario Kart 7
-Kid Icarus
-Resident Evil

3DS Friend Code: 3582-8462-4664 | Nintendo Network ID: the_dude57

vonboy89

60 bucks? Why would it be anything else?

my friend code is 1306-7465-1022 and my nickname is Vonboy.

kletro

There's no such thing as bucks in Europe! It's Euro in most countries.

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

RedYoshi999

Reverandjames wrote:

Does anyone know the price of the digital download on the EU Eshop? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Full price, like other first party Wii U games (unless you bought Super Mario Kart off the eShop, then the price of SMK will be subtracted from MK8.)

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

mystman12

I was watching the Dry Dry Desert video in the Mario Kart 8 website, and I noticed that your tires actually get dirty as you race along the track, and they get washed off when you go into the water! They spared no expense!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

e-love

THE HYPE IS REAL

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Jazzer94

DestinyMan wrote:

Why do I keep thinking this Friday is Mario Kart 8's release?

I was thinking that earlier today to must be because we both want to play it so bad.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Ecto-1

mystman12 wrote:

I was watching the Dry Dry Desert video in the Mario Kart 8 website, and I noticed that your tires actually get dirty as you race along the track, and they get washed off when you go into the water! They spared no expense!

They also pick up snow on the snowy tracks. Check out Mt. Wario! By the way, your avatar is hilarious!

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

plrichard

RedYoshi999 wrote:

Reverandjames wrote:

Does anyone know the price of the digital download on the EU Eshop? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Full price, like other first party Wii U games (unless you bought Super Mario Kart off the eShop, then the price of SMK will be subtracted from MK8.)

Is this only EU? And if not, am I too late??

Edit: just realized Super Mario Kart isn't even in the NA Wii U eShop = sad panda...

Edited on by plrichard

plrichard

ClassicJetterz

I've taken three days off of work...I'll have the entire weekend to play.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

NinjaWaddleDee

According to various websites, characters are randomly unlocked after beating a grand prix. Those characters are all of the koopalings, metal mario, gold peach, toadette, lukitu, and baby rosalina. Maybe a couple more, but I can't remember Also you can unlock a gold kart by beating all of the cups on all difficulties, and on mirror mode.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic