Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 4,852

NinjaWaddleDee

A friend and I played four tracks at the Gamestop Demo, on split screen. There was absolutely no lag on spiltscreen, and the game overall felt like playing Mario Kart 7, and was buttery smooth. I wasn't very impressed with Mario Kart Stadium, but once I started playing some of the cooler levels like Toad Harbor, I got hooked!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

I didn't want to play too much because I didn't want to spoil myself, but my suspicions were confirmed, this game is going to be amazing, but feels ALOT like Mario Kart 7, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

Booboos35

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I didn't want to play too much because I didn't want to spoil myself, but my suspicions were confirmed, this game is going to be amazing, but feels ALOT like Mario Kart 7, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Good, because that's the best controlling Mario Kart.

The King Of Strong Style

NinjaWaddleDee

CM30 wrote:

Of course it feels like Mario Kart 7. In the same way Mario Kart 7 felt like Mario Kart Wii. Or the Wii game felt like the DS one. Or... you get it.

In my personal opinion, SNES, N64, and Double Dash all felt radically different. DS felt new, but Wii felt sort of like it. 7 felt new, but 8 feels almost exactly like it. But 7 is the best controlling Mario Kart out there.

Towelie

I liked 7, but my hands were too big to play it for a long time on a regular 3DS, looking forward to playing Mario Kart on a regular controller again.

Towelie

Booboos35

Does anyone know about how much space MK8 will take up digitally?

The King Of Strong Style

camerica1618

Booboos35 wrote:

I believe it takes up just under 5GB.

camerica1618

Shirma_Akayaku

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep me occupied for the time being? Anime / manga, gameplay, etc.
I'm dying for Mario Kart 8 already! X(

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Joeynator3000

camerica1618 wrote:

Booboos35 wrote:

I believe it takes up just under 5GB.

Glad I'm just getting the disc. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jariw

Rosalina wrote:

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep me occupied for the time being? Anime / manga, gameplay, etc.

Scram Kitty and his buddy on Rails?

jariw

renaryuugufan92

Booboos35 wrote:

The size of the game is on the eshop.

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

Booboos35

Alright, I'll check the eShop ^

Alright just checked and it'll take up 4949.8 MB!

Edited on by Booboos35

The King Of Strong Style

mystman12

I was able to try the demo today! I got a chance to try all eight tracks! I played as Waluigi, and instantly found a kart combination that felt great. I thought that it felt more like MKWii than 7, but maybe it's because of the kart I chose... (That's good for me because I like the feel of Wii much more than 7) One thing that I noticed was that the track designs felt a little... Lacking. I kind of prefer the really crazy track designs from Wii, like the Rainbow Road, Wario's Goldmine or DK Summit, but they were still great tracks. I love the antigravity, it does a really good job at shaking things up and making you try different strategies. I got a super horn once while in second, but I never had to use it, so I used it at the end of Mario Circuit to blow up some Goombas. I also saw Luigi get one once when he was in first place. I also got hit by a spiny shell, but instantly got a mushroom and was able to zoom past Luigi and get first place! Which reminds me, I love Mario Kart TV! After every race it showed a few highlights of whenever I did something awesome! (Or whenever I failed miserably ) I think I'm really going to enjoy that feature! The items also felt more balanced. There was never a time I lost that felt like it was because of the items, but because of my own mistakes. This is definitely going to be the best Mario Kart ever!

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Booboos35

mystman12 wrote:

I was able to try the demo today! I got a chance to try all eight tracks! I played as Waluigi, and instantly found a kart combination that felt great. I thought that it felt more like MKWii than 7, but maybe it's because of the kart I chose... (That's good for me because I like the feel of Wii much more than 7) One thing that I noticed was that the track designs felt a little... Lacking. I kind of prefer the really crazy track designs from Wii, like the Rainbow Road, Wario's Goldmine or DK Summit, but they were still great tracks. I love the antigravity, it does a really good job at shaking things up and making you try different strategies. I got a super horn once while in second, but I never had to use it, so I used it at the end of Mario Circuit to blow up some Goombas. I also saw Luigi get one once when he was in first place. I also got hit by a spiny shell, but instantly got a mushroom and was able to zoom past Luigi and get first place! Which reminds me, I love Mario Kart TV! After every race it showed a few highlights of whenever I did something awesome! (Or whenever I failed miserably ) I think I'm really going to enjoy that feature! The items also felt more balanced. There was never a time I lost that felt like it was because of the items, but because of my own mistakes. This is definitely going to be the best Mario Kart ever!

It might be the kart because I've been hearing everyone say that it feels more like 7. But awesome dude! Hopefully it is the best MK ever

The King Of Strong Style

Blast

Rosalina wrote:

Hahhaha I'm reading comics and manga and playing Ac4 on my Wii U!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

mystman12 wrote:

Thanks for sharing

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

DestinyMan wrote:

This made me laugh.
Untitled
Only in my dreams...

LOL

Master of the Hype Train

UGXwolf

Dark-Luigi wrote:

Wow, whoever made that leak wasn't ever trying.

It looks faker than 85 cent coin.

Considering there are no Koopalings, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, or Baby Rosalina, I don't think we really needed to you tell us this. X3

Besides, I really don't mind any of these characters. I'm just annoyed that they had to remove other, far more deserving characters to get these ten in the game.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic