Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,912

Shirma_Akayaku

HaThready wrote:

So... can anyone reply to my question?
can you take off that ugly helmet when using a mii?

So far, no.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

ReanSchwarzer7

I heard that Mario Kart 8 has reached over 1 million pre-orders so far so it looks like most Wii U owners are going to be getting this asap, hopefully there'll be enough copies for everyone who pre-ordered the game.

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

Stats
Members: 340
Posts: 57,199
Articles: 5,890
Reviews: 610
Features: 210
Guides: 5
Developer's Interviews: 41

Twitter:

4cat

Rukiafan wrote:

I heard that Mario Kart 8 has reached over 1 million pre-orders so far so it looks like most Wii U owners are going to be getting this asap, hopefully there'll be enough copies for everyone who pre-ordered the game.

Stores take preorders on their specific inventory. If they sell their whole inventory on preorders and you try, they will not let you preorder it. This has happened to me before so I know what im talking about. so no worries

4cat

Shirma_Akayaku

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
Next Friday can't come soon enough!

Two more weeks left. I hope I win against you...

Are there teams in online races?

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Blast

I just luv the free game deal Nintendo is offering!!! While I start up Mario Kart 8, my Wii U will be downloading Pikim 3 And for Super Smash Bros. U they will prolly offer another very similar deal again and I hope the choices are good

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

Blast wrote:

I just luv the free game deal Nintendo is offering!!! While I start up Mario Kart 8, my Wii U will be downloading Pikim 3 And for Super Smash Bros. U they will prolly offer another very similar deal again and I hope the choices are good

If it's out around CHRISTmas I don't see any deals with smash. It will sell fine without any deals.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Blast

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Blast wrote:

I just luv the free game deal Nintendo is offering!!! While I start up Mario Kart 8, my Wii U will be downloading Pikim 3 And for Super Smash Bros. U they will prolly offer another very similar deal again and I hope the choices are good

If it's out around CHRISTmas I don't see any deals with smash. It will sell fine without any deals.

How much you wanna bet that they offer a game like Donkey Kong when Smash comes out?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MegaStoneSmash91

Ryno wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@BenAV Ah, well it's nice Toadette is there, I just don't remember seeing her. Diddy Kong is odd to not include as well since Donkey Kong is there. I used to use him a lot in Double Dash. Do we really know the whole roster for sure? I would think there's still some characters that we don't know about considering all the obvious racers who are absent.

That list of unlockable characters seems to makes sense, but it still only includes ones we know about. How complete of a list is it though? It's quite a few, with a good chunk of them having spiky shells on their backs, but something still feels off.

My money is on DLC packs for characters like Diddy, Dry Bones, Birdo, etc. and a new cup with new tracks similar to the Mario Golf DLC packs that have a new character and course. .

The content style of the Mario Golf DLCs would work on Mario Kart just as well, and I've thought about the possibility. It would be a perfect way to add those oddly left out characters as well as some more new/retro tracks. It seems utterly plausible.....

Beep.
That is all.

3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

BenAV

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@BenAV Ah, well it's nice Toadette is there, I just don't remember seeing her. Diddy Kong is odd to not include as well since Donkey Kong is there. I used to use him a lot in Double Dash. Do we really know the whole roster for sure? I would think there's still some characters that we don't know about considering all the obvious racers who are absent.

That list of unlockable characters seems to makes sense, but it still only includes ones we know about. How complete of a list is it though? It's quite a few, with a good chunk of them having spiky shells on their backs, but something still feels off.

My money is on DLC packs for characters like Diddy, Dry Bones, Birdo, etc. and a new cup with new tracks similar to the Mario Golf DLC packs that have a new character and course. .

The content style of the Mario Golf DLCs would work on Mario Kart just as well, and I've thought about the possibility. It would be a perfect way to add those oddly left out characters as well as some more new/retro tracks. It seems utterly plausible.....

Definitely plausible, a lot of people seem to really want DLC for this game (personally I don't).
Unlike Mario Golf though, we haven't heard a word to indicate that DLC might be on the way.
Maybe this'll change at some point after launch, especially with so many people complaining about the roster and stuff, but at this stage at least none appears to be on the way.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Spoony_Tech

BenAV wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

Ryno wrote:

MegaStoneSmash91 wrote:

@BenAV Ah, well it's nice Toadette is there, I just don't remember seeing her. Diddy Kong is odd to not include as well since Donkey Kong is there. I used to use him a lot in Double Dash. Do we really know the whole roster for sure? I would think there's still some characters that we don't know about considering all the obvious racers who are absent.

That list of unlockable characters seems to makes sense, but it still only includes ones we know about. How complete of a list is it though? It's quite a few, with a good chunk of them having spiky shells on their backs, but something still feels off.

My money is on DLC packs for characters like Diddy, Dry Bones, Birdo, etc. and a new cup with new tracks similar to the Mario Golf DLC packs that have a new character and course. .

The content style of the Mario Golf DLCs would work on Mario Kart just as well, and I've thought about the possibility. It would be a perfect way to add those oddly left out characters as well as some more new/retro tracks. It seems utterly plausible.....

Definitely plausible, a lot of people seem to really want DLC for this game (personally I don't).
Unlike Mario Golf though, we haven't heard a word to indicate that DLC might be on the way.
Maybe this'll change at some point after launch, especially with so many people complaining about the roster and stuff, but at this stage at least none appears to be on the way.

I was thinking the same thing. Why haven't we heard one word about it. Maybe this is classic case of Nintendo not wanting to play all it's cards just yet. Why be so tight lipped this close to release?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

mystman12

I can definitely see DLC, especially since we didn't get a new Donkey Kong track this time around.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

It'd be cool if Nintendo had a poll for which Retro tracks people wanna see.
I'd pick GBA - Cheese Land, Sunset Wilds, Ribbon Road, and GCN Wario Colosseum.
Maybe even Vanilla Lake 1 & 2 combined into one. The track could have the ice melt halfway into the race, which basically turns the track into the 2nd Vanilla Lake.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

BenAV

Usually two weeks isn't that long, but for Mario Kart 8 it feels like forever... I'm so excited to play it (even moreso with the midnight launch and then big launch party I'm having with some friends).
I've been watching a lot of gameplay footage lately so I can get a good look at all the tracks, but I think I need to stop because I'm always on the verge of yelling at my laptop screen because nobody who has the game so far seem to be very good at it and it's rather frustrating to watch.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Dj64Mk7

Should I try and get some video of the GameStop demo for everyone? Maybe give my first impressions?

Dj64Mk7

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7

Datasun_7

ChrisT99 wrote:

Should I try and get some video of the GameStop demo for everyone? Maybe give my first impressions?

Yes please at the very least impressions would be cool, like about the track design, graphics, etc

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Booboos35

^ A Tropial Freeze Track <3

The King Of Strong Style

Booboos35

Anyone have an idea of how much space MK8 will take up????

The King Of Strong Style

BenAV

Booboos35 wrote:

Anyone have an idea of how much space MK8 will take up????

If I recall correctly it was slightly under 5 GB or thereabouts, but don't remember the exact number.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

emaan

I can see Nintendo releasing DLC of battle arenas with some new characters thrown in.

Similar to what they did with Mario Golf this year. A lot of the reviews have made complaints of the lack of diversity in the character roster and the lack of battle arenas. DLC adding in some battle arenas and bringing in some veteran and new characters would fix all of this. That's at least my only real complaints with this game based on impressions. The actual gameplay and the tracks all seem phenomenal besides the battle mode and its lacking character roster.

Characters we might see in DLC would be Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones and Birdo.

While I like the idea of trying something new with the battle mode, I think Nintendo should still provide options for those of us who enjoy the arenas.

ديسكو الحب
✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic