Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,821 to 1,840 of 4,002

AuthorMessage

Edwin

1,821. Posted:

I made a list (posted on page 90 of this thread) of all the Mario Kart retro tracks that have been remade. I'm not going to copy it here since it's really long, but here is a summary of how many tracks from each game have been remade.

45% of Super Mario Kart, 9/20
94% of Mario Kart 64, 15/16
40% of Mario Kart: Super Circuit, 8/20
75% of Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, 12/16
69% of Mario Kart DS, 11/16
38% of Mario Kart Wii, 6/16
19% of Mario Kart 7, 3/16

Edwin

Nintendo Network ID: Edwicket

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,822. Posted:

It's a shame there hasn't been many retro tracks from Super Circuit. There's actually some pretty neat tracks that would look awesome in the modern age, like Cheese Land, Sunset Wilds, and Ribbon Road. But all Nintendo's been interested in bringing from that game are generic circuits and Bowser Castles.

Years from now when the next Mario Kart rolls around for the next Nintendo handheld, it's looking like the retro cups will be dominated by more recent Mario Karts and only one track from 64 with Wario Stadium.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

1,823. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

It's a shame there hasn't been many retro tracks from Super Circuit. There's actually some pretty neat tracks that would look awesome in the modern age, like Cheese Land, Sunset Wilds, and Ribbon Road. But all Nintendo's been interested in bringing from that game are generic circuits and Bowser Castles.

Years from now when the next Mario Kart rolls around for the next Nintendo handheld, it's looking like the retro cups will be dominated by more recent Mario Karts and only one track from 64 with Wario Stadium.

Yes, it will be a sad day when only 1 N64 track returns in MK9. Perhaps it's time to remake some of the older remakes? DS and Wii didn't add too much to the retro tracks. Or I would pay for DLC in MK8 that remakes already remade N64 courses. I still feel a bit ripped off that we didn't get Double Decker for Battle Mode.

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

NinjaWaddleDee

1,824. Posted:

I was bored so I made this :p

Untitled

It would be awesome if they got to come back into Mario Kart.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,825. Posted:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Untitled

That's awesome!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech
Tech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

NinjaWaddleDee

1,826. Posted:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Untitled

That's awesome!

Lol thanks. :) I was thinking about making more. But my artist skills are terrible. :p

I'm an awesome ninja because I can be REEEEAAAALLLLY silent! Which is probably because I don't have a mouth. :p

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,827. Posted:

@NinjaWaddleDee Who cares? I guarantee none of us are exactly amazing artistes, either. Just have fun with it. :p

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Ecto-1

1,828. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

I was actually thinking the same thing. I would have much rather had GBA Sunset Wilds over DS Wario Stadium. I would have loved to see how that gradual sunset setting would look with Mario Kart 8's visuals.

Boo! I'm a ghost.
Check out my Rytmik songs on Youtube
Colors 3D Gallery

3DS Friend Code: 3566-1553-9977 | Nintendo Network ID: ECTO-1989

AuthorMessage

Nintendo_Ninja

1,829. Posted:

Just preordered my copy. Can't wait to play it all day!

Nintendo ID Network: Ninja84
I play World of Tanks: Ninja840

AuthorMessage

Nintendo_Ninja

1,830. Posted:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Untitled

That was fantastic.

Nintendo ID Network: Ninja84
I play World of Tanks: Ninja840

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,831. Posted:

Mario Kart 8 Director Kosuke Yabuki in an interview with EDGE said his team pushed "Wii U's capabilities to their limits," but he still believes there's a lot of potential left in the console.

"Our aim was to create a game that used HD graphics and played at a smooth 60fps. We pushed Wii U’s capabilities to their limits to achieve this. [But] I think it still has a lot of potential left, and I suspect there are more ways to make use of its capabilities that we haven’t even imagined."

http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-team-pushed-wii-u-...

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,832. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Mario Kart 8 Director Kosuke Yabuki in an interview with EDGE said his team pushed "Wii U's capabilities to their limits," but he still believes there's a lot of potential left in the console.

"Our aim was to create a game that used HD graphics and played at a smooth 60fps. We pushed Wii U’s capabilities to their limits to achieve this. [But] I think it still has a lot of potential left, and I suspect there are more ways to make use of its capabilities that we haven’t even imagined."

I feel like every new game claims to push the system they are on to their limits. Hasn't someone already said they pushed Xbox One and/or PS4 to their limits?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,833. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

I feel like every new game claims to push the system they are on to their limits. Hasn't someone already said they pushed Xbox One and/or PS4 to their limits?

If they indeed have I feel sorry for those systems.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,834. Posted:

So the system has been pushed to its limits, yet it has a lot of potential left?
I don't get it.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,835. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

So the system has been pushed to its limits, yet it has a lot of potential left?
I don't get it.

There are two good ways to interpret this. Potentially they're saying "we got as much out of the console as we thought we could get away with, but we feel that there's more the console can do that we just didn't think of." They could also mean "This is as fast and as pretty as we could make a game, but we still feel that someone else could do better, given the same hardware."

Either way, it reads like PR speech.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

NinjaWaddleDee

1,836. Posted:

That graphics speak is definitely all PR oriented. No doubt though that MK8 looks beautiful though! Probably my favorite looking game so far this year, even though I have a PS4. I just like the art design in the game. My senior finals are on the same day of Mario Kart 8's release, so I'll get out of school early and pick that baby up!

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,837. Posted:

Developers say all the time that they "pushed the hardware to the limits" and then another game comes out that both looks and runs better. It's all PR talk.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Urban_Champion

1,838. Posted:

I was planned as a character, but was removed because my pixels distracted all the ladies.

The Ultimate in gaming is here....

Twitter: URBAN_CHAMPI0N

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,839. Posted:

Urban_Champion wrote:

I was planned as a character, but was removed because my pixels distracted all the ladies.

Untitled

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, HASHTAG

I got my 3DS back from repair!!

Can't wait to use Lucina and Pac-Man in the new SSB.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Pinnacle of Human Achievement

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

1,840. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

Urban_Champion wrote:

Untitled

+1

MERG said:

Words to live by!!

Tech