Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,801 to 1,820 of 4,852

Booboos35

^ A Tropial Freeze Track <3

The King Of Strong Style

Booboos35

Anyone have an idea of how much space MK8 will take up????

The King Of Strong Style

BenAV

Booboos35 wrote:

If I recall correctly it was slightly under 5 GB or thereabouts, but don't remember the exact number.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

e-love

I can see Nintendo releasing DLC of battle arenas with some new characters thrown in.

Similar to what they did with Mario Golf this year. A lot of the reviews have made complaints of the lack of diversity in the character roster and the lack of battle arenas. DLC adding in some battle arenas and bringing in some veteran and new characters would fix all of this. That's at least my only real complaints with this game based on impressions. The actual gameplay and the tracks all seem phenomenal besides the battle mode and its lacking character roster.

Characters we might see in DLC would be Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, Dry Bones and Birdo.

While I like the idea of trying something new with the battle mode, I think Nintendo should still provide options for those of us who enjoy the arenas.

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

AccessibleDaydream

Booboos35 wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I don't remember the exact number.

To quote myself:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Nintendo has now added the file size for Mario Kart 8 to the eShop. It weighs in at 4949.8 MB (about 5 GB).

Proof: http://imgur.com/jbiDKFS

Edited on by AccessibleDaydream

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

BenAV

I think the biggest problem with the battle mode is the lack of a map.
If you could clearly see exactly where on the track everyone else was, then I don't think using tracks instead of arenas would really be an issue.

Well I guess also not being able to see the ghost characters at all seems a bit weird.
I don't mind the idea of the eliminated players still being able to drive around and take players down, but you should be able to at least clearly see them so you can actually defend yourself.

Edited on by BenAV

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

AccessibleDaydream

BenAV wrote:

I think the biggest problem with the battle mode is the lack of a map.
If you could clearly see exactly where on the track everyone else was, then I don't think using tracks instead of arenas would really be an issue.

In that case, it isn't really an issue with Battle mode, but rather an issue with the game overall. This can be said because the only map in the entire game is on the Wii U GamePad (at least from videos, but I'll get some hands-on time myself here in a little bit).

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

BenAV

ChrisT99 wrote:

In that case, it isn't really an issue with Battle mode, but rather an issue with the game overall. This can be said because the only map in the entire game is on the Wii U GamePad (at least from videos, but I'll get some hands-on time myself here in a little bit).

Well, it's not as much of an issue in races because your goal there is to keep driving forward and reach the finish line rather than actively seeking out players by driving in any direction.
Would still be nice to have an optional map on the main screen during races too though.

BenAV

Shirma_Akayaku

So my experience with this game wasn't that bad. When you're about to hold an item behind your vehicle, it feels a little unresponsive. In other words, it takes a while for the item to show up behind your vehicle.

Also, at first I thought Pink Gold Peach might not be as good as I thought, but it turns out that she's better than I expected. That's pretty surprising for me.
I love Rosalina, but I might end up using Pink Gold Peach more often.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

DefHalan

It feels weird that Mario Kart is so close but I will be able to go on Vacation and come back before it is out

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CM30

Well, looks like some people will always find some pointless thing to whine about:

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2014/05/17/bringing-politic...

Yeah, the guy he mocks goes complaining about freaking social justice crap and 'diversity' in the Mario Kart cast. Because hey, whining about it in Tomodachi Life wasn't annoying enough, now we've got people whining about games like Mario Kart 8 instead.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Jazzer94

fixed for ya.
Edit: The problem has resolved.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan You forgot to mention that Rosalina's voice is downright terrible.
After I won a race with her, she goes: "Oh Yeah! Winner!"
It may not seem like much typed out, but when you hear her say it, you may cringe if you're a Rosalina fan.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

@DestinyMan I played as Baby Rosalina in the demo (as well as all the other ones I wanted to).
She has that echo effect Rosalina normally has, but that's the weird part. Rosalina has no echo effect, but her baby counterpart does...
Makes no sense. She sounds cute though.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

NavySpheal

I'm going to miss all the speculation, excitement, and rumors once this game arrives on the 30th. This is a huge thread, and it really kept the hype going for me. Guess we'll all be back to hype up Mario Kart 9.

3DS FC: 4596-9744-5868
Buffalo wings are a gift from the gods themselves.

Dragonfly224

Rosalina wrote:

@DestinyMan You forgot to mention that Rosalina's voice is downright terrible.
After I won a race with her, she goes: "Oh Yeah! Winner!"
It may not seem like much typed out, but when you hear her say it, you may cringe if you're a Rosalina fan.

Seriously? Wow...I'm cringing already. >.<

Name: Cindy
My Youtube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1425-4510 | Nintendo Network ID: Dragonfly224

JoeyTS

Wait I got a question, since I'm hearing that the characters got new voice samples, did every character get new voice samples or are some the same from previous games?

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

JoeyTS

Wait I got a question, since I'm hearing that the characters got new voice samples, did every character get new voice samples or are some the same from previous games?

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic