Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 181 to 200 of 1,022

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

181. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

I mean sony has actually show off more OS and UI elements than microsoft has so far.

Like what? Downloading the single player before multiplayer, or vice versa? The only things I've seen Sony do that no one else has done is playing for a friend over a network and that download priority bit.

It's pretty easy to assume Xbox One can play the downloads while they're happening, and cloud based services have already been confirmed. That download bit is part of the cloud, too, afterall, because the system is accessing a network while doing other things.

Even the Wii U technically has cloud. Spotpass can check for updates and keep connected to a network on standby.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Emaan

182. Posted:

Can we get back to Mario Kart 8?

<_<

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

183. Posted:

@Emann what you said.

I'm looking forward to this title. It looks like it's going to have A LOT in it. I wonder how many characters theyll include or how the Gamepad will function.

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

iwanttodie

184. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Emann what you said.

I'm looking forward to this title. It looks like it's going to have A LOT in it. I wonder how many characters theyll include or how the Gamepad will function.

A Map/Horn.

STOP BRINGING THE GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMY
mods delete me
OOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY GOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMYGOOMY DOWN MAN
PLAY NI NO KUNI AND MOTHER 3

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8775-4247 | Nintendo Network ID: Shadowing27

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

185. Posted:

Shadowing wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Emann what you said.

A Map/Horn.

The GamePad also acts as the steering wheel since it has 9 axis inside, but that's your choice if you use motion or button controls.
I thought it was cool when I played the demo at Best Buy, and there's probably more that you will be able to do in the final version. If not, it's still nice what they did with it, IMO.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Guitardude7

186. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Shadowing wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

@Emann what you said.

A Map/Horn.

The GamePad also acts as the steering wheel since it has 9 axis inside, but that's your choice if you use motion or button controls.
I thought it was cool when I played the demo at Best Buy, and there's probably more that you will be able to do in the final version. If not, it's still nice what they did with it, IMO.

I'm sure it'll have more features in the final version. It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't. But truthfully, I'm fine with it as it is.

Edited on by Guitardude7

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

187. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8...

Really? Huh, never saw where it said 12 racers at a time was returning from Wii.

Mario Kart Wii is 12 player racing
Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing

All of the other Mario Karts are 8 player racing. Is there something I'm missing here??

Guitardude7 wrote:

I'm sure it'll have more features in the final version. It'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't. But truthfully, I'm fine with it as it is.

Possibly, but with Mario Kart you need to look at the TV most of the time, plus too many extra features for the gamepad player would be unfair to other players who have to use a Wii remote or whatever other controllers will be supported

Maybe it could also function as a rear view mirror but who knows

Edited on by PloXyZeRO

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

KingH3nrry

188. Posted:

Oh man I can't wait to play this game! This is one of the few games shown in Nintendo's E3 Direct that I actually got excited about and am looking forward to!

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

189. Posted:

I'm not sure if u guys already know but according Wikipedia (which has a source) it can use the Wii U Pro Controller, Wii Remote + Nunchunk,, Wii Wheel, and Gamepad.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_8

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

190. Posted:

@SonicFan11589: At the Best Buy Nintendo E3 Experience I went to, they had a GamePad and the Wii Remote, so I'm not surprised by this. The GamePad felt just like the Wii Wheel, so that will likely be my main controller.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

191. Posted:

yeah i thought it was pretty predictable the amount of controller options, i am glad for the Wii U Pro Controller.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveGBA

192. Posted:

I hope they reconsider off-tv play before release all other first party games are including it.

That guy! UGH! "Hey, look at me. I ride a broomstick, and I was into stickers before it was cool." Pshhhhhhhh. He doesn't know about sticker power.

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

193. Posted:

What @iMii said.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Il-Fortissimo

194. Posted:

You know what this game needs? Retro course DLC.

Edited on by Il-Fortissimo

This Super Mario Sunshine avatar clearly illustrates how I'm feeling.

I actually own a few Pianta outfits at home.

Examining magical paintbrushes is one of my hobbies.

AuthorMessage

MetroidFan2002

195. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

Nintendo would get so much money from me if they did that, as long as the prices are reasonable that is.

3ds Friend Code: 1246-9619-1253
Name is Nick. Add Me:-)

AuthorMessage

DePapier

196. Posted:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

I was JUST about to say that. If anything, we need a Rainbow Road course pack. :D

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Luther
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Therlu

http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/01/15/f-zero-wii-u-lets-dream-it/
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/07/01/opinion-a-suggestion-for-a-wii-u-pricing-restructure/

3DS Friend Code: 4468-2063-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: Luther

AuthorMessage

MetroidFan2002

197. Posted:

Can't wait to play this game in glorious HD. Hopefully it will support 5 players at a time, 4 on TV, 1 on the pad. Just wish Big N would have added double karts.

AuthorMessage

MetroidFan2002

198. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

I was JUST about to say that. If anything, we need a Rainbow Road course pack. :D

Definitely!

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

199. Posted:

DePapier wrote:

Il-Fortissimo wrote:

They might as well just include every Mario Kart track that has ever been created as DLC. Maybe a dollar for each track? Of course Nintendo would probably do like $10 for a pack of four though.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

elstif

200. Posted:

Mario Kart is one of the best IPs Nintendo ever created.
I really enjoy the wii version and I was very happy about the online until I started playing and keep loosing against BIKES, becuase they are greatly faster and superior than the karts

This is a racing game and having that big difference between Karts and Bikes is not very nice: I had to choose between getting a Kart that is a lot more fun to drive or a Bike that it is faster.

I was hoping for no Bikes in the new Mario Kart, now that I know they´ll be there I hope they´ll be equal in terms of speed

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?