Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,761 to 1,780 of 4,068

AuthorMessage

Captain_Toad

1,761. Posted:

Most favorite: Lakitu

Least favorite............Mii's (Just because of their voice)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack.....it's important.
Toadloggery and a Youtube Channel
Retro Clue!
Games are games ppl. Enjoy 'em.
Remember N64 Turoks? Want it on VC?
I gave in to darkness to have this bio.
Net neutrality is dead. Pls use revive.
Bad day? listen to this.

3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,762. Posted:

I will still be downloading the game. Physical copies are losing their appeal for me. I have a small place and when Nintendo goes into the NFC stuff I will have plenty of physical items to showcase my fandoms lol

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,763. Posted:

Inside drifting is "kind of" back. :3

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,764. Posted:

Inside drifting still looks like the better choice unless there are other things that help balance it out. Do inside drifting bikes not gain boost as fast? Or is there something else?

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,765. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Inside drifting still looks like the better choice unless there are other things that help balance it out. Do inside drifting bikes not gain boost as fast? Or is there something else?

As I got told, bikes don't gain any "top speed" stats as karts apparently get. What actually makes sense since they said in the direct, that karts are faster on straight lines. What gaining boosts considers; I don't really know, but I can imagine that you have more time to gain boosts with outside drifting karts/bikes since you have to start drifting earlier. And since you do the outside drift before it actually gets inside, you can't do short sharp curves one after the another that easy any more.
I think it is pretty much balanced.

Edit: I just noticed that in the video they say you can't steer your vehicle to increase or decrease your angle. But I'm not sure if he means MKWii or MK8. But I'm pretty sure you can do it to some degree in MKWii. He might be wrong at this, if he means Wii at this point.

Edited on by BlueBlurIxM

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

R_Champ

1,766. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Anyone got favorite characters? Any least favorites?

I'll always love Daisy whether she's overpowered (MKWii) or not (MK Double Dash).
I also really like Rosalina, Mario, Toad, and King Boo (well, I did T_T). I'm also looking forward to racing as Ludwig and Shy Guy.

I'm not a big fan of the babies in general...but Baby Daisy and Baby Rosalina are just adorable :3
I also never really liked Miis (like the poster above the voices grated on me), Bowser Jr. (I know people love him, but I won't miss him), and Funky (it's annoying when 60-70% of online racers are the same character...what is this Ryu on Street Fighter?)

I'm indifferent about Pink Gold Peach. I know people hate her, but I'm going to wait and see...

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,767. Posted:

My favorites are Wario and Donkey Kong. I also like Rosalina and Shy Guy. As far as the new characters, I may actually try racing all of them and unlike past Mario Kart games I may try playing everyone to see if my mains change any. New characters I expect I'll like are Lemmy and Ludwig.

As far as least favorite, in Mario Kart 8 the closest character would be Pink Gold Peach, but I don't hate her. I just find her inclusion very odd. I also don't like the abundance of baby characters, but I will admit Baby Rosalina is adorable and I'll try her out. I wasn't a fan of the Miis' voices in the past, but I may get used to it this time.

Overall, I don't really think the character roster matters much in the Mario Kart series. It's definitely not like Super Smash Bros.; the only things that affect the characters are their weight and their kart, but that's it, and the kart part goes beyond just one character.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,768. Posted:

Baby/Mario, Baby/Luigi, and Bowser remain my faves.

Least favorite? Obviously, Pink Gold Peach. To think Metal Mario wasn't stupid enough. Ah well, the baby characters are weird to be in, but they do fit in the mario series, so it makes sense.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,769. Posted:

Favourite character is Peach, pretty fond of Rosalina too.

Least favourite, Metal Mario.
Also don't like the Mii or the babies.
If we're going to have Metal Mario, then Pink Gold Peach is fine by me as a character, because at least this one is Peach.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,770. Posted:

I'm fond of Yoshi in any and all contexts. I'm not very fond of playing as most of the heavy characters, though.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

1,771. Posted:

Favs: Toad, Shy Guy, Baby Luigi, Yoshi, and any lightweight Koopalings
Least: Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Lakitu

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,772. Posted:

Some BIG spoiler content here:
http://nintendoeverything.com/mario-kart-8-special-unlock-cre...
You can view some special unlockbles, and an alternate ending / credits.

Well, it's not really big spoiler content, but for some, it is.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

1,773. Posted:

My favorites are Rosalina, Luigi, Metal Mario, and Wario. I'm looking forward to playing as Ludwig and Baby Rosalina.

Edited on by OdnetninAges

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,774. Posted:

Apparently someone pointed out that in the credtis, Bandai Namco help with this game...
Looks like they're more involved in Nintendo games other than Smash Bros.

What surprises me the most is that the person used Toadette (my favorite character btw) to unlock the "special part".
This game must be more balanced than I thought.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,775. Posted:

I always like Yoshi, Koopa Troopa and Diddy, who I really hope is in the game. I never really use heavyweight characters and the babies feel redundant to me even if they fill out the lightweight roster. I also like Peach and Rosalina. Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach seem boring, if only because there are other characters I'd rather see.

Edit: After a quick Google search it seems Diddy is in according to the Spanish version of the Official Nintendo Magazine

Edit 2: Never mind apparently this was deconfirmed by NintendoEverything bleh boy am I slow right now >.<

Edited on by Tops

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,776. Posted:

@TopLaytonsHat I hate to burst your bubble. but it seems Diddy Kong isn't in as far as we know already.

By the way, this is crazy.... we both joined Nintendo Life on the same day, same month, same year! :O
http://www.nintendolife.com/users/Rosalina
http://www.nintendolife.com/users/TopLaytonsHat

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Tops

1,777. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

@TopLaytonsHat I hate to burst your bubble. but it seems Diddy Kong isn't in as far as we know already.

By the way, this is crazy.... we both joined Nintendo Life on the same day, same month, same year! :O
http://www.nintendolife.com/users/Rosalina
http://www.nintendolife.com/users/TopLaytonsHat

I edited my post just before seeing yours lol. Thanks for the info anyway. And that is a crazy coincidence! We must have been on the same wavelength that day :D

Formerly: LaytonApprentice; TopLaytonsHat

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,778. Posted:

Favourites, huh? Well, Luigi, Daisy and Rosalina for me! Though I occasionally race with someone else.
Least Favourites: Metal Mario and Funky Kong. Both of them butchered some of the online fun in MK7 and MKWii respectively.
I don't really mind Pink Gold Peach as you can tell; but if she becomes a lesser picked character online, I'll stick by her side. :)

Also, I found out something about the Triple Mushrooms, which now circle the kart. Other players can get boosts from your Mushrooms but they don't actually take the Mushrooms, they just get about half a Mushroom boost's worth, which personally is a nice bit of relief for me. The thought of someone being able to take my free boosts was bugging me.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,779. Posted:

Blue Shells are still dodge-able with a Mushroom, for those of you who want to know.
Skip to 1:38

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,780. Posted:

Everything in this game looks awesome...except for the changes to Battle Mode. Why does Nintendo always have to eff something up in a Mario Kart game? :(

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990