Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 4,912

NinChocolate

mystman12 wrote:

Isn't the super horn really rare though? That's what I heard at least.

Probably has the same rarity as the blue shell. Will come down to timing/conservation of the super horn

NinChocolate

TheLZdragon

I'm curious as to what place you have to be in to get it too. I can't imagine it being a 1st place item

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Shirma_Akayaku

Unca_Lz wrote:

I'm curious as to what place you have to be in to get it too. I can't imagine it being a 1st place item

I've seen some videos where right on the 1st lap, CPU's get the Super Horn pretty early. I personally think the Super Horn isn't as rare as Nintendo makes it out to be. It's possible to get it in 1st place too.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

luisesteban

Well in the Nintendo's facebook they say that Super Horn is more common in the first places.

The full idea of it is to avoid the blue shell.

luisesteban

UGXwolf

Unca_Lz wrote:

GameXplain says they've gotten it in first place and they've also said that it's uncommon, but not rare. Saying they got it a few times, but considering how many races they went through, it seemed like you couldn't really just hope to get it.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Dezzy

Wow. Kinda surprised to see the Mario Kart 8 reviews have just gone up. Fairly predictable (but good) score.

But anyone wanna explain to me the logic of having the reviews come out 2 weeks before the game? I can understand 1 week before. Let people see the high scores and then get ready to go and buy it. But 2 weeks? Some people might see the high score and have their attention grabbed by something next week instead.

Converted from Sony to Nintendo during 7th gen and never looked back.

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

Wow. Kinda surprised to see the Mario Kart 8 reviews have just gone up. Fairly predictable (but good) score.

But anyone wanna explain to me the logic of having the reviews come out 2 weeks before the game? I can understand 1 week before. Let people see the high scores and then get ready to go and buy it. But 2 weeks? Some people might see the high score and have their attention grabbed by something next week instead.

Easier to build up preorders if people are on the fence? OTOH, that strategy would only work if they are sure that the reviews are going to be generally favorable.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

There has been a couple of 10's so far as well and 2 98's I believe. The lowest I've seen is the 75 from NWR.

Edit: Sorry one 9.8 and another 9.6.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

MarceloKamui

Yay! Great results! o/ can't wait to play it, just a little disappointed with the battle mode.. =(

Let's play Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate!!! o/

Nintendo Network ID: marcelokamui

Zatoichi

I think when a publisher puts out review copies early it shows they are confident in the quality of their game. I have always been suspicious of games that are reviewed on or after the date of release.

Zatoichi

Blast

The reviews are pouring in!!!! This game is epic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Stg123

DestinyMan wrote:

Review score roundup:
IGN – 9 / 10
GameSpot – 8 / 10
Polygon – 9 / 10
Eurogamer – 10 / 10
EDGE – 9 / 10
Nintendo Life – 9 / 10
NintendoWorldReport – 7.5 / 10
CVG – 9 / 10
GamesRadar – 4 / 5
GameTrailers – 8.6 / 10
Game Informer – 9.25 / 10
Joystiq – 4.5 / 5
DigitalSpy – 4 / 5
VideoGamer – 9 / 10
USGamer – 4.5 / 5
Destructoid – 9 / 10
GamesBeat – 85 / 100
Gamereactor – 9/10

ONM - 96/100

Stg123

3DS Friend Code: 4442-0159-3171

Whopper744

I am really liking the music for the game I've heard so far. Check some of it out :

http://www.brawlcustommusic.com/game/1920

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Shirma_Akayaku

@Joshers744 I always go to that website, but music uploaded for MK8 isn't really complete in many aspects.
There's issues with audio quality uploads, cuts in loops / incorrect looping, and most of the songs haven't been completely played to the end (which results in short-looped songs), like Dolphin Shoals.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Whopper744

@Rosalina yeah I figured it wasn't quite 100 percent yet. I still enjoyed getting an idea of what some of the songs will be like. I love the new version of Mario Circuit GBA.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

shingi_70

@Zatoichi

Some outlets don't get review copies so there reviews would be out after the game is released. You also have guys who like to put reviews out the day of or before to get maximum hype for a purchase.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Spanjard

People shouldn't look at scores. It's weird and stupid. Just experience the game for yourself and judge accordingly.
I bet you never knew the scores of the games you played when you were young, some of which were great games.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic