Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,100

AuthorMessage

kletro

1,621. Posted:

Spanjard wrote:

Emaan wrote:

Am I the only one who has pretty much avoided the gameplay videos of the full tracks? :p
I just kind of want everything to be fresh when I play it for the first time I guess.

Nope, me too. I haven't seen anything yet, outside of the official trailers. I think it's pretty weird that al these guys are listening to all the audio tracks already.
They know all the tracks inside out before even playing the game. It's beyond nerdom.

I'm trying to watch as little as possible, but I Couldn't resist some full tracks.

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter: kletro

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,622. Posted:

Some stamps from the game and in game images.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

Action51

1,623. Posted:

SakuraHaruka wrote:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Nintendo has now added the file size for Mario Kart 8 to the eShop. It weighs in at 4949.8 MB (about 5 GB).

Proof: http://imgur.com/jbiDKFS

Wow! 5 GB?!, For everything that contains the game, I find very little in size; good! ^.^

This is what experienced programmers working with their own code on familiar hardware can do. A lot of the games made today are built on existing engines with lots of redundant code, but it's not just that. Instead of working with different procedurals and texture mapping techniques, they'll slap a hi-res bitmap on everything.

I'm not saying Nintendo are so much better for doing this, but it's what comes with having some of the most experienced developers on the planet.

Action51

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,624. Posted:

@Spanjard @Emaan
I'm on the same boat.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,625. Posted:

Tournament Setting and Options Menu:

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

1,626. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm sure a full 12-player online battle mode will be hectic enough, on the right map. Besides, we've been slowly but surely ignoring battle mode more and more. It used to be a big part of the game back on the N64. Then unlockables became a big thing and it kinda cut the battle play. At least, from my experience, it did.

Unlockables were not what killed Battle Mode. Heck, Double Dash had unlockable Battle Mode courses.

What killed Battle Mode was stupid design decisions like forced team gameplay in Wii.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

CM30

1,627. Posted:

Pretty much. As did the timer.

There was one other thing that killed it though; level design.

A good arena in a combat related game mode has to have quite a few things. Enough space to drive around without crashing into opponents constantly or being so large you never find anyone. Obstacles to use as cover or hide behind. Spots to use as item 'sniping' locations and for advanced tactics. Etc.

Mario Kart arenas post about 64, didn't really have that. They were too small, too square, too lacking in things to do and generally had little replay value. And battle mode suffered immensely as a result.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Azooooz

1,628. Posted:

Big and late news for UK residents:
For limited time, Tesco Direct is offering the Mario Kart 8 Premium Wii U bundle for £200. More details from this link:
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mario-kart-8-wii-u-including-e...

Edited on by Azooooz

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage

Pagey

1,629. Posted:

I can't wait for this game. My Wii U hasn't been getting a whole lot of love recently but that will definitely be changing on May 30th, this is one of my most anticipated titles this whole year.

PSN: James_Page | NN: 1stGenCummins | XBL: Mopar Parker | Steam: Fred Fuchs

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,630. Posted:

Mount Wario:

N64 Yoshi Valley:

Edited on by NintyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

justlink

1,631. Posted:

http://www.vgleaks.com/rumor-diddy-kong-confirmed-for-mario-k...
DIDDY KONG CONFIRMED?

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Favorite Game: Spirit Tracks
Favorite Series: Zelda, SSB, Earthbound
Favorite childhood game: Sitting Ducks

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,632. Posted:

......That's from almost a month ago...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

Donalp15

1,633. Posted:

Didn't they post about how this was a mistake? Added incorrectly?

FC 0516 7736 7877

AuthorMessage

mystman12

1,634. Posted:

Well, it's official. Nintendo is allocating Mario Kart 8, meaning G2k (A local game store that is also a small chain) won't get any copies on launch day, and they had to cancel my preorder and give my five dollars back. :( I guess I'll just rush into stores on launch day and hope I can find a copy... What I don't understand though is why Nintendo would allocate this game in the first place. Are they really just trying to push downloads or what? I don't know... Well, here's hoping I can find a copy on launch day...

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

BlueBlurIxM

1,635. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Well, it's official. Nintendo is allocating Mario Kart 8, meaning G2k (A local game store that is also a small chain) won't get any copies on launch day, and they had to cancel my preorder and give my five dollars back. :( I guess I'll just rush into stores on launch day and hope I can find a copy... What I don't understand though is why Nintendo would allocate this game in the first place. Are they really just trying to push downloads or what? I don't know... Well, here's hoping I can find a copy on launch day...

I guess since there aren't many Wii U sold out there, they might produce less copys of the game and they need some to put them in their bundles, I guess. lol :P
If that is the case, it is plausible that they allocate them to bigger stores/chains.

Well I'm from Germany. I didn't experience any kind of this in my gaming history. x)
I don't know really how it works elswhere, but I get all of my games on time. If anything, the games are a day or more early on the shelf.

Rings! Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom Nom!

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,636. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Too Bad. It might be only in your store. It's not happening here in America...

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

3DSfan134

1,637. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

Well guess it doesn't happens in the US but where is G2k anyways?

Backlog
Games I'm buying: Super Smash Bros.(3DS got, Wii U coming up), Pokemon OR/AS, and Hyrule Warriors
HYRULE HAIR CARE: MAX VOLUME SPRAY: 95% MORE VOLUME
SPOOKY SCARY SKELETONS

3DS Friend Code: 1693-0521-5967 | Nintendo Network ID: BigTechBrother

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,638. Posted:

I think I'm going to end up canceling my pre-order and buy it off the eShop instead. I can get $5.00 dollars back through the Digital Deluxe Promotion (which adds to my $10.01 balance), and I can get coins from Club Nintendo by doing surveys to get prizes, etc.

Overall, the download for me seems like a better deal. Especially since the download date will most likely be on the release date.
Forget Gamestop and their crap.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

mystman12

1,639. Posted:

BusterRed123 wrote:

mystman12 wrote:

Too Bad. It might be only in your store. It's not happening here in America...

Um, I live in America... :/ I could go preorder it at GameStop or something, but at this point I don't want to go out and pre-order it again. I'm pretty sure I'm safe just rushing out to the stores anyways

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,640. Posted:

mystman12 wrote:

I could go preorder it at GameStop or something, but at this point I don't want to go out and pre-order it again. I'm pretty sure I'm safe just rushing out to the stores anyways

Yeah, don't pre-order from Gamestop.

Recently, they've been cheating me quite a bit. They used to take $5 for pre-ordering a game, and you really wouldn't have to end up paying tax (since the $5 they ask for pretty much goes to tax). That was before. Now, they want $5 for the initial pre-order, plus tax, which is bull crap for me since I'm poor as hell. You could just end up paying tax without the pre-order, but adding $5 extra dollars for "getting it early" is nonsense.

Also, if you download games off the eShop, you can avoid tax altogether by changing your zip code.
Just pay straight 59.99. No tax.
I highly recommend downloading it instead.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker