Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,621 to 1,640 of 4,852

UGXwolf

BenAV wrote:

So the system has been pushed to its limits, yet it has a lot of potential left?
I don't get it.

There are two good ways to interpret this. Potentially they're saying "we got as much out of the console as we thought we could get away with, but we feel that there's more the console can do that we just didn't think of." They could also mean "This is as fast and as pretty as we could make a game, but we still feel that someone else could do better, given the same hardware."

Either way, it reads like PR speech.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

NinjaWaddleDee

That graphics speak is definitely all PR oriented. No doubt though that MK8 looks beautiful though! Probably my favorite looking game so far this year, even though I have a PS4. I just like the art design in the game. My senior finals are on the same day of Mario Kart 8's release, so I'll get out of school early and pick that baby up!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

cookiex

Developers say all the time that they "pushed the hardware to the limits" and then another game comes out that both looks and runs better. It's all PR talk.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Urban_Champion

I was planned as a character, but was removed because my pixels distracted all the ladies.

The Ultimate in gaming is here....

Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

OdnetninAges wrote:

Urban_Champion wrote:

I was planned as a character, but was removed because my pixels distracted all the ladies.

Untitled

+1

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NinjaWaddleDee

Okay, okay, I won't spam the forums with these stupid things, but I do enjoy making them.
I'm thinking about making these Petey and Boo comics a weekly thing though.

Untitled

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

smileyboy

Where's the best place to preorder? Looking to get a few wheels too. Thanks

smileyboy

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4396-4257

smileyboy

MasterGuard08 wrote:

smileyboy wrote:

Best Buy is offering a $10 gas card if you preorder there.

That's no too bad. Thx!

smileyboy

3DS Friend Code: 1435-4396-4257

cookiex

According to Neogaf the embargo is set to end on Thursday.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Spoony_Tech

cookiex wrote:

According to Neogaf the embargo is set to end on Thursday.

That's a lot sooner then I would've thought. They really must want to get the hype train going into overdrive! Hopefully NL has theirs up then. I know of a few that have had it for at least 10 days!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

dumedum

Do you think the game will sell like crazy amount of copies?

Mario Kart Wii sold unbelievable numbers and is still usually in the top 100 in Amazon best sellers, and mentioned specifically in the financials as still an annual more than million seller.

Mario Kart 8 is currently the top selling game in Amazon behind some PSN cards. It's been there for a while. Will it be really huge? I guess it can't sell more than 7 million copies because of the hardware but maybe in the long run it can achieve 15-20 million.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Datasun_7

Has anyone noticed that they have only showed 3 ATVs? Just seems like a small amount compared to bikes and karts.

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

dumedum

smileyboy wrote:

Download version, with the digital promotion..

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Datasun_7

dumedum wrote:

Hmm, not sure tbh. In the UK it sits at third I think behind watchdog's. Europe really is a dire area for the Wii u ATM, so hopefully Mk8 can do a MKwii in UK and sell some systems.

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Blast

dumedum wrote:

Mario Kart Wii sold unbelievable numbers and is still usually in the top 100 in Amazon best sellers, and mentioned specifically in the financials as still an annual more than million seller.

Mario Kart 8 is currently the top selling game in Amazon behind some PSN cards. It's been there for a while. Will it be really huge? I guess it can't sell more than 7 million copies because of the hardware but maybe in the long run it can achieve 15-20 million.

Yup. Its gonna sell like crazy.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Spoony_Tech

It should be the #1 seller by the end of CHRISTmas this year for the system. Hopefully that means 10 million copies sold!

MERG said:

Captain_Toad

dumedum wrote:

Heh, It's pretty likely, The mario kart name alone outta get things going at least. A digital promotion whitch gets you a free game, and a bundle which helped the wii previously. If they can get the word out as much as possible then it's a done deal. Could be a bit easy to do that last one since the wiiU just got outta the negative zone of the profit making. (in terms of making the console of course)

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

2Pac

Look at what it said in an official PR for the Gamestop event: "Mario Kart 8 is the first entry in the long-running and much-loved Mario Kart franchise on Wii U." O_o....First...Entry?

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic