Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,094

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Guitardude7

161. Posted:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Guitardude7

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

162. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8...

Really? Huh, never saw where it said 12 racers at a time was returning from Wii.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

163. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8...

Really? Huh, never saw where it said 12 racers at a time was returning from Wii.

Well, 7 is probably similar to DS and it looks like this will be very similar to Wii. Bikes, characters, and now positions. Though the future review may be 8/10.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

164. Posted:

Guitardude7 wrote:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Super Mario 3D world is probably built upon 3D land way more than Mario Kart 8 is built upon 7. Like I've said before I do think at some point 3D world was going to be a 3DS game but got expanded to Wii U when they needed software for it quickly.

Plus Racing gamers are easier to make technical showcases compared to regular games.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

165. Posted:

Hey, we should've stopped discussing on page 8 and asked a mod to lock the topic. :D

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

166. Posted:

Excited about the online feature the game offers. Having communities will be a boon and being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

167. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

How come I haven't heard of this! :O If it's not too much trouble shingy, would you please direct me to the details? This sounds as though it could be neat!

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

168. Posted:

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

How come I haven't heard of this! :O If it's not too much trouble shingy, would you please direct me to the details? This sounds as though it could be neat!

It does sound cool! :O

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BandG

169. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Super Mario 3D world is probably built upon 3D land way more than Mario Kart 8 is built upon 7. Like I've said before I do think at some point 3D world was going to be a 3DS game but got expanded to Wii U when they needed software for it quickly.

Plus Racing gamers are easier to make technical showcases compared to regular games.

I don't think so, the graphics look great, and they have said that they started working on 3D World not long after 3D land. They said it was interesting to see how they could do different things on different systems.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

170. Posted:

@Happy_Mask

Should be on a system level but it still sounds cool. Also from the video

_Miiverse/NN lets you play with others around the world.
-Host tournaments
-set rules
-and play with others in the community
-!2 Karts in local and online.
-The game can create a 30 second highlight reel of the match.
-You can share replay data on miiverse
-Its like a channel where you can watch replay data and watch your wins and losses.

Untitled

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

171. Posted:

BandG wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Super Mario 3D world is probably built upon 3D land way more than Mario Kart 8 is built upon 7. Like I've said before I do think at some point 3D world was going to be a 3DS game but got expanded to Wii U when they needed software for it quickly.

Plus Racing gamers are easier to make technical showcases compared to regular games.

I don't think so, the graphics look great, and they have said that they started working on 3D World not long after 3D land. They said it was interesting to see how they could do different things on different systems.

The graphics look great but not anything compared to Mario Kart which was the best looking internally developed Nintendo game. I'm saying at some point in time the concept for and prototype for 3D world probably started on 3DS but full development was transitioned to Wii U for the xtra power.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Varia01

172. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

@Happy_Mask

Should be on a system level but it still sounds cool. Also from the video

_Miiverse/NN lets you play with others around the world.
-Host tournaments
-set rules
-and play with others in the community
-!2 Karts in local and online.
-The game can create a 30 second highlight reel of the match.
-You can share replay data on miiverse
-Its like a channel where you can watch replay data and watch your wins and losses.

Untitled

:O It's awesome. Though my kindle cannot play YouTube...

Edited on by Varia01

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

173. Posted:

@Sony_70
The Mario Kart 8 Miiverse features will probably be available(they probably already are) for any developer to implement.
If features like that are proven to get people's attention and give a game more chance to sell, they'll add it.

Those sort of Miiverse features can technically be added for any title, and with PS4 and Xbox One already having those features, it's likely they'll just link these games to the community and let the Miiverse online network handle it instead of the actual console.

With Miiverse, you can also share things between other devices besides just the game consoles. That's one thing Nintendo has done that Sony hasn't. Game videos and such are locked onto PS4 consoles as far as I know.

As for the local 12 player, I wonder how they're gonna do that. I'm guessing 3DS systems or wireless LAN between WiiU consoles might happen.

EDIT: UStream works for PS, but Xbox One basically has the same thing. The difference is that you don't need more than one account for Miiverse to work.
So yes, there are differences, but they all closely appeal the same way pretty much.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Maskeraid

174. Posted:

Wow, the online features of this entry really seem promising. :O This one really looks like it may very well be the best Mario kart game yet!

My Maskloggery
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

"He say oogly? What means that, oogly?"
"Grr... He means your face would frighten small children! Now be quiet!"

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9222-4787 | Nintendo Network ID: Happy_Masked_Man

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

175. Posted:

Game looks great. I'm still blown away at how much EAD G1 has been able to accomplish given the short deelopment frame between this and MK7.
Untitled
Untitled

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

176. Posted:

@SCAR392

Naw Sony's already confirmed mostly how the system will work.

The System will automatically cache the last 15 minutes of gameplay for upload and you can go back too Take a screen shot pr edit the video to get the piece you want. You also have the option of doing a straight up live stream to services like Stream and Twitch.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

177. Posted:

@Sony_70
I don't think you understood my reply. Miiverse has all the the same capabilities as Sony's video services, EXCEPT live streaming(I should also mention, as far as we know). Xbox One has the same features, too, if not better implemented, so I don't really see the big deal.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

178. Posted:

From what we know the xbox system works the exact same way as the PS4 system does.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SCAR392

179. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

From what we know the xbox system works the exact same way as the PS4 system does.

Mainly, except the Xbox One UI is more open than PS4's, IMO.
Also, Xbox One lets users put any other secondary feature in split screen mode, meaning you have 2 programs running on screen at once.
So really, based on what we know, Microsoft has the best OS and UI so far. I'm not saying Sony can't do the same, but it hasn't been implemented.

EDIT: That's why I don't see why Nintendo gets some of the grief it does. Miiverse can technically do all the same things as the PS4 and Xbox One sharing features. That Mario Kart TV feature proves it, and that's just based on the fact that the Miiverse network can support video straight from the service.

Then we have the OS complaints... Xbox One can already factually do more based off the UI and OS, unless Sony hasn't shown it, which again, is exactly the type of attitude PS4 people towards Wii U.
"There's no proof Wii U can do that" is a similar statement I could throw out there, except replace the insults on the Wii U towards the PS4 in comparison to the Xbox One. Same thing.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

180. Posted:

How is the xbox One's OS more open than the PS4's?

Only certain apps can be ran in snaped mode and it really won't be as useful on a TV as it is on a TV screen with onlya few items making sense for it.

I mean sony has actually show off more OS and UI elements than microsoft has so far.

Edited on by shingi_70

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70