Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 4,852

4cat

Rosalina wrote:

Thats pretty cool! I can see people really abusing the slowmo and reversing though. He even does it too much I think.

4cat

4cat

BTW I think there will be a demo of this coming out soon If you do the pre register thing on club nintendo, it asks how you found out about mario kart and the first box says a demo. It could be one released the day it comes out but in any case there definitely will be one

4cat

DreamyViridi

4cat wrote:

BTW I think there will be a demo of this coming out soon If you do the pre register thing on club nintendo, it asks how you found out about mario kart and the first box says a demo. It could be one released the day it comes out but in any case there definitely will be one

Although, they could mean demos from E3 and such but yes, an eShop demo just before release would be nice.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

4cat

DestinyMan wrote:

A demo would definitely be welcome, even though Nintendo doesn't need to convince me anymore after my sister pre-ordered Mario Kart 8 at Target and got us Mario Kart keychains!

They dont need to convince anyone but it would be nice to be able to play it soon

4cat

Datasun_7

To be honest if they released a demo, I would try and avoid using it. When I finally get it I want to experience it for the first time. Makes up for knowing all the tracks and characters some what

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Jazzer94

The game comes out in just over 3 weeks I'd rather just wait to play the final version then a limited demo leaving me wanting more.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

DefHalan

Do we know yet if for 2 player we can do 1 on the GamePad and 1 on the TV?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

2Pac

DefHalan wrote:

Yeah, We can't.

the switch is pretty cool.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6550-4870 | Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

I thought we knew this wasn't a feature at last year's E3. And near add anyone can tell, the Direct literally covered EVERYTHING about Mario Kart 8 that we needed to know

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DefHalan

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I thought we knew this wasn't a feature at last year's E3. And near add anyone can tell, the Direct literally covered EVERYTHING about Mario Kart 8 that we needed to know

I just can't find any source of this being denied. All I can find are articles talking about 1080p and 60 fps EVEN IN 2 player splitscreen, which to me hints at possible 2 player without splitscreen but I guess I am wrong lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

UGXwolf

DefHalan wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I just can't find any source of this being denied. All I can find are articles talking about 1080p and 60 fps EVEN IN 2 player splitscreen, which to me hints at possible 2 player without splitscreen but I guess I am wrong lol

All I meant was that asst E3,, last year, this wasn't a feature, and nothing said since implies it was. Feel free to ask. I'd just assumed it was common knowledge, is all.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Joeynator3000

Rosalina wrote:

This can't be true... MK8_Stats
So apparently, DK is excluded from the "Super Heavy" category, but Wario's in it... Nintendo I don't even....

Look at it this way, DK is all muscle.
Wario has muscle AND fat. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Eel

Rosalina makes sense as a heavy racer. She has adapted to life in space. When she goes down to the mushroom kingdom, she ends up being heavier than other girls, despite looking about the same.

On the DK and Wario thing, yeah, Wario is usually said to be very muscular and also VERY obese. He is also probably carrying a few hundred gold coins with him

DK looks big in some games but he's more fit than fat, I guess they also made him just Heavy to balance the characters. Also, judging from the images, DK is actually smaller than Wario here.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Datasun_7

Have you guys noticed a somewhat spike in negativity aimed at this game? I swear some people are never happy -_- Nintendo seemingly make the best set of courses, the best looking mk game, most balanced, most competitive and best online mk game and people still are still moaning/complaining/hating?
I don't really see the logic behind that

Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

DreamyViridi

@Datasun_7 - No matter what the fandom is, people just seem to like to find the negatives in something (even if it's incredibly minor) and complain about it. They're probably the same people who think they deserve everything they want. It's people like them that give gamers a bad rep, if you ask me...

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Budda

Datasun_7 wrote:

Have you guys noticed a somewhat spike in negativity aimed at this game? I swear some people are never happy -_- Nintendo seemingly make the best set of courses, the best looking mk game, most balanced, most competitive and best online mk game and people still are still moaning/complaining/hating?

This kind of people are actually pretty "common" in the gaming community.
The Sonic fans are always complaining for example. That's why I gave up talking to that community. lol But I can understand if you didn't experienced it that often, if you only are a Nintendo guy. I haven't noticed much complains on Nintendo forums. Except MK8 at the moment, as you said. I agree there. :3

Just ignore it and get excited! Because it's worth it! ^^

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

kletro

If they added new characters with a dlc, they could add nabbit. It would be cool

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

Datasun_7

I'm not gonna let anyone effect my hype, because my god am I hyped. Probably the most excited I've been for a Mario game ever

Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

Blast

Datasun_7 wrote:

I predicted A LONG TIME AGO IN THIS VERY THREAD that people would start being negative to this game for very stupid reasons. Its JEALOUSY. People who refuse to get a Wii U are trashing this game by calling it "kiddy" and other stupid stuff cuz they inwardly know that this game looks freaking amazing.

Expect us Wii U owners to be called "children" and other silly stuff as soon as this game releases. Its a shame but its whatever.

@Shadowfox254 LOL you remember when we both predicted this situation would happen to MK8 a long time ago, right?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic