Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 1,401 to 1,420 of 4,912

MonocledMetroid

kletro wrote:

MonocledMetroid wrote:

kletro wrote:

Excuse me, but what does 'cc' mean?

Cubic Centimeters, it's referring to the size of the engines.

Oh, I knew that, I just didn't think karts in mario kart have such details (I have never played mk)

It's not so much about details as it is an idiosyncratic way of naming the difficulty levels.

MonocledMetroid

Knux

This game makes Mario Kart Wii look like such an utter joke. I can't wait for it and my free Wind Waker HD!

Knux

kletro

I'm kinda sad there is no king boo in the roster. Definitely my favourite mario baddy. I will probably play as one of the koopalings or yoshi

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

mipaol

I always liked Lemmy Koopa..
Untitled

Edited on by mipaol

"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: mipaol

jariw

kletro wrote:

This is going to be my first mario kart and i'm wondering what makes mario kart so much better than other kart racers like sonic all stars or the f1 one

The extreme polish of the game, the course designs and the fun factor. On the surface, Sonic All Stars might look like a similar game, but when you break it down to details, a Mario Kart game will have more effort put into every little detail. Personally, I got tired of Sonic All Stars pretty quickly, because of the lack of that special "fun factor". I haven't played F1.

jariw

Shirma_Akayaku

Another look into battle mode.

It seems alright.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Captain_Toad

Rosalina wrote:

Another look into battle mode.

It seems alright.

That music is awesome.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

memoryman3

brewsky wrote:

Ok, this thread has treaded far too deep into spoiler territory. I understand this is a thread about a game gearing up for release and that discussion about said game will likely be about the gameplay that has already been revealed by people who have played the game.

That's fine, but I just don't want people to ruin the magic when I play for the first time and going into several aspects of the game with my mind already made up because of someone else's opinion. Personally, I find a game much more fun when I don't already know everything about it.

Continue to go about your business, you guys did nothing wrong. I'll just be sitting out ths thread until the game releases.

Yeah, now I know the names of all 32 tracks and the final modes and roster all before reading this thread....

The return of memory man! Likes playing Mario Kart and Mario Maker. Add me!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

SparkOfSpirit

With all the extra places to go in Yoshi Valley, it makes for a good battle mode track. If they have to use existing courses, that was one of the best to choose, I think.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Shirma_Akayaku

Another look into Rainbow Road from the Nitro Cup.

[youtube:UEcZhMvVb8o]

By the way, when you watch it, you'll see that you can Spin Boost while gilding. A nice little touch.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Booboos35

I like the Rainbow Road ALOT... Just, it was so hype I cant help but be a little dissapointed...

The King Of Strong Style

DreamyViridi

I limited myself to just the intro of the track in that video (love the music for that btw ^^) and it looks pretty cool. Like a modernised Rainbow Road. I understand why some people may not like it though but I refuse to see the whole track. Like the Blooper rocket floating in space there.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

DreamyViridi

For those of you who are disappointed about the new Rainbow Road, cheer up. Have some Brawl in the Family.
Untitled

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

OmegaMetroid93

I actually feel a bit disappointed with the new Rainbow Road. The music isn't nearly as good as the N64 RR in the retro cups and the course seems really short and doesn't seem to have much to it at all.

EDIT: Haha, thanks for that Viridi. I really love BitF.

Edited on by OmegaMetroid93

OmegaMetroid93

Shirma_Akayaku

Another look into Bowser's Castle.

I seriously hope they release a soundtrack for this game. I just love that intro music. <3

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

Shirma_Akayaku

Also a quote from Gamexplain
"So the Super Horn CAN appear in first place! Just in time too, as it saved me from a Blue Shell at the finish line."

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7

OmegaMetroid93

I agree. Bowser's Castle looks pretty darn sweet. And I suppose we still have the N64 version of Rainbow Road, which looks phenomenal. And it has one of the greatest tunes in gaming remixed with a big band... SO EXCITED.

OmegaMetroid93

CM30

Hopefully, they're (the super light thing) about as rare as a Green Shell or Banana.

Practically? I'm expecting them to be about as common as a Mushroom (aka plausible to get, but never there when you need it).

As for Bowser's Castle, looks awesome to me.

Edited on by CM30

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Shirma_Akayaku

A look into Piranha Plant Slide from the Lightning Cup.

Now it really looks like the sewers.

Holy crap! The game looks really fast!

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Kart 7