Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 141 to 160 of 1,002

AuthorMessage

PokeTune

141. Posted:

Rainbow Road in this game will make me puke rainbows(in the good way). I can picture it now...

YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/PokeTune14
Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

"That's my catchphrase." - Spike the Dragon

Awaiting:

Monolith Soft 'X'
Mario Kart 8
Bayonetta 2
Mirror's Edge 2
Destiny
Battlefield 4
Sonic Lost Worlds

Nintendo Network ID: DarkGamerX

AuthorMessage

luisesteban

142. Posted:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

The people who hate Rainbow Road are probably the same people who suck driving on it..

Everybody sucks in rainbow road. I'd actually heard a guy in a stand up comedy show, tell a joke about include the rainbow road in the driving test. It was hilarious.

luisesteban

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

143. Posted:

luisesteban wrote:

WildTwinVikings wrote:

The people who hate Rainbow Road are probably the same people who suck driving on it..

Everybody sucks in rainbow road. I'd actually heard a guy in a stand up comedy show, tell a joke about include the rainbow road in the driving test. It was hilarious.

Not to be cocky (which it will sound), but I'm quite good at any Rainbow Road. On Mk Wii and 7, I usually average out around 1st or 2nd on while playing any of them online..

Edited on by Sonomin

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

144. Posted:

What if you could create your own cup in this game? Pick 4 courses of your choice, and name the cup in whatever way you prefer. Like a cup with your four favourite courses or something. That'd be neat:)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

145. Posted:

If Honey Queen is in the game again... The choice of characters in 7 were just awful in my opinion.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

146. Posted:

Bulby wrote:

If Honey Queen is in the game again... The choice of characters in 7 were just awful in my opinion.

I have to agree. As I mentioned before, it's funny how the character roster in 8 is already better than in 7. Waluigi alone makes this the case. Lakitu was a good choice, Wiggler was okay, but the Honey Queen doesn't make sense. Lubba from Super Mario Galaxy 2 would've made more sense.

Mario Kart 8 should have a bigger character roster considering it's a home console game. I'd like to see Kamek, Hammer Bro., Petey Piranha, Nabbit, and Dixie Kong as new racers.

@PokeTune: The Rainbow Road in 8 has the potential to be the best, at least in the track design. Just imagine how many anti-gravity parts are going to be in an outer space track! I'll be expecting quite a few loops and twists.

Most wanted Smash Bros. newcomers
1. King K. Rool
2. Mii
3. Takamaru
4. Kat & Ana
Little Mac was on the list, but he's been confirmed.
Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

147. Posted:

I'm expecting this game's Rainbow Road to be a total roller coaster! Hey, if MK7's first-person driving comes back; then it can be a roller coaster rainbow ride! Although that'll double the chances of players feeling dizzy and sick...

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

148. Posted:

In terms of character choice, I'd rather see more of the "classic" characters...mostly the ones from Mario Kart Wii and before (ROB and Rosalina always felt a bit out of place to me however...same thing with Dry Bowser and a few others I can't remember right now). But I guess there always has to be an unexpected character in the game.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

149. Posted:

I doubt it, but I wonder if Ralph will be added like with Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Sonomin

150. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

I doubt it, but I wonder if Ralph will be added like with Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.

Doubt it. There's no good reason for Nintendo to include him in the roster..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852

AuthorMessage

Austroid

151. Posted:

I still don't understand what they were thinking when they added the Honey Bee Queen (Random is an understatement.) and Metal Mario (We're making power-up forms separate characters now?) as characters in MK7.

But anyways for MK8, I'd love to see forgotten characters like Tatanga and Wart appear in the roster.

Untitled

Also Cacketta just because she's awesome moreso than Fawful IMO.

Edited on by Austroid

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 2
My Metroid Prime 3DS Controls Idea
Currently Playing: Super Mario 3D World, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Spider-Man Edge of Time
I'm actually torn between buying Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Tomodatchi Life.

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage

CM30

152. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

I still don't understand what they were thinking when they added the Honey Bee Queen (Random is an understatement.) and Metal Mario (We're making power-up forms separate characters now?) as characters in MK7.

But anyways for MK8, I'd love to see forgotten characters like Tatanga and Wart appear in the roster.

Untitled

No kidding about Honey Queen and Metal Mario. What a joke.

Tatanga for Mario Kart 8 would be awesome, I approve entirely. Same with Cackletta (although I really, really do want to see Fawful in a game like Mario Kart at some point).

Nintendo 3DS Community aka my website
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

153. Posted:

If I had to choose between Dry Bowser and Metal Mario, I'd go for Metal Mario.

I'm guessing Metal Mario took place of Baby Mario in 7? If that's the case, then it's either going to be Baby Mario & Baby Luigi or Metal Mario & someone else in 8.

I'd rather have the baby bros.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

154. Posted:

I also support Tatanga and Wart for this game. I think they are great ideas.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, NOPE

My 3DS needs to be repaired. It won't turn on anymore.

The Blue Blur VS. The Blue Bomber.

Miiverse Profile

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

Brilliance

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

155. Posted:

I would be nice if they included one of the Bowser kids in this game (and then I don't mean Baby Bowser, but one of those first introduced in Super Mario Bros. 3). I'd love to drive as Iggy or someone:)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

156. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

I would be nice if they included one of the Bowser kids in this game (and then I don't mean Baby Bowser, but one of those first introduced in Super Mario Bros. 3). I'd love to drive as Iggy or someone:)

They would have to include all seven then! It wouldn't feel right having one or two then leaving the rest out

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

Captain_Bagel

157. Posted:

Austroid wrote:

Untitled

Apparently, Metal Mario's been his own character for a while now, like in super Smash Bros, Mario Golf and Dr. Mairo 64. I still think Tatanga and Wart should be in it, though, Tataanga could have a modified version of his own ship!
Also, am i still the only person who wants Gooper Blooper?

My Colors! 3D Gallery: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=98143
My Miiverse: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Keithmc
My alt account: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/keithmc2
"You forgot your mayonnaise."-Squidward

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

158. Posted:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

DdFixen wrote:

They would have to include all seven then! It wouldn't feel right having one or two then leaving the rest out

I think it still would be better to have only one of them instead of Baby Bowser. Don't mind which one, cuz I think they all have such cool designs:) And Bowser's always been one of my favourite characters in the MK series, so...

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

LeVideoGamer

159. Posted:

I hope the roster isn't as terrible as Mario Kart 7's. I mean, Honey Queen? Wiggler? Really?

I'd be happier if they kept MK8 at 12 characters, rather than force unnecessary characters in. In saying that, I'd be pretty surprised if Diddy kong, Bowser Jr., Baby Mario, Baby Luigi or Miis aren't added.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

160. Posted:

LeVideoGamer wrote:

I'd be happier if they kept MK8 at 12 characters

I don't know about that..Mario Kart Wii had twice that number of characters, and two more if you count Mii A and Mii B
It seems that since Double Dash, the console versions of Mario Kart will have more characters than the handheld versions. Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8, so that means you would see the same characters every single race

MrSRArter wrote: