Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 4,852

LeVideoGamer

I hope the roster isn't as terrible as Mario Kart 7's. I mean, Honey Queen? Wiggler? Really?

I'd be happier if they kept MK8 at 12 characters, rather than force unnecessary characters in. In saying that, I'd be pretty surprised if Diddy kong, Bowser Jr., Baby Mario, Baby Luigi or Miis aren't added.

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vgm/4237975235.html
Wii U owners in London, please check it out!

PloXyZeRO

LeVideoGamer wrote:

I'd be happier if they kept MK8 at 12 characters

I don't know about that..Mario Kart Wii had twice that number of characters, and two more if you count Mii A and Mii B
It seems that since Double Dash, the console versions of Mario Kart will have more characters than the handheld versions. Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8, so that means you would see the same characters every single race

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Snagrio

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8...

Really? Huh, never saw where it said 12 racers at a time was returning from Wii.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

FireMario887

WingedFish wrote:

PloXyZeRO wrote:

Plus, Mario Kart 8 is 12 player racing rather than the usual 8...

Really? Huh, never saw where it said 12 racers at a time was returning from Wii.

Well, 7 is probably similar to DS and it looks like this will be very similar to Wii. Bikes, characters, and now positions. Though the future review may be 8/10.

FireMario887

shingi_70

Guitardude7 wrote:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Super Mario 3D world is probably built upon 3D land way more than Mario Kart 8 is built upon 7. Like I've said before I do think at some point 3D world was going to be a 3DS game but got expanded to Wii U when they needed software for it quickly.

Plus Racing gamers are easier to make technical showcases compared to regular games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

FireMario887

Hey, we should've stopped discussing on page 8 and asked a mod to lock the topic.

FireMario887

shingi_70

Excited about the online feature the game offers. Having communities will be a boon and being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Happy_Mask

Sony_70 wrote:

being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

How come I haven't heard of this! If it's not too much trouble shingy, would you please direct me to the details? This sounds as though it could be neat!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

FireMario887

Happy_Mask wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

being able to record matches for the Mario Kart TV will be a great use of miiverse.

How come I haven't heard of this! If it's not too much trouble shingy, would you please direct me to the details? This sounds as though it could be neat!

It does sound cool!

FireMario887

BandG

Sony_70 wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

If I may ask a perfectly valid question: WHY DOESNT SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD LOOK THIS BEAUTIFUL?! Which, I'm not saying the graphics in 3D World are bad by any means, they look great as well, but Mario Kart 8 surpasses it by a longshot. 3D World should look like this!

Super Mario 3D world is probably built upon 3D land way more than Mario Kart 8 is built upon 7. Like I've said before I do think at some point 3D world was going to be a 3DS game but got expanded to Wii U when they needed software for it quickly.

Plus Racing gamers are easier to make technical showcases compared to regular games.

I don't think so, the graphics look great, and they have said that they started working on 3D World not long after 3D land. They said it was interesting to see how they could do different things on different systems.

Super Smash Bros. Can't Wait!

Nintendo Network ID: Waterwraith

shingi_70

@Happy_Mask

Should be on a system level but it still sounds cool. Also from the video

_Miiverse/NN lets you play with others around the world.
-Host tournaments
-set rules
-and play with others in the community
-!2 Karts in local and online.
-The game can create a 30 second highlight reel of the match.
-You can share replay data on miiverse
-Its like a channel where you can watch replay data and watch your wins and losses.

Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

BandG wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

I don't think so, the graphics look great, and they have said that they started working on 3D World not long after 3D land. They said it was interesting to see how they could do different things on different systems.

The graphics look great but not anything compared to Mario Kart which was the best looking internally developed Nintendo game. I'm saying at some point in time the concept for and prototype for 3D world probably started on 3DS but full development was transitioned to Wii U for the xtra power.

WAT!

FireMario887

Sony_70 wrote:

@Happy_Mask

Should be on a system level but it still sounds cool. Also from the video

_Miiverse/NN lets you play with others around the world.
-Host tournaments
-set rules
-and play with others in the community
-!2 Karts in local and online.
-The game can create a 30 second highlight reel of the match.
-You can share replay data on miiverse
-Its like a channel where you can watch replay data and watch your wins and losses.

Untitled

It's awesome. Though my kindle cannot play YouTube...

Edited on by FireMario887

FireMario887

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
The Mario Kart 8 Miiverse features will probably be available(they probably already are) for any developer to implement.
If features like that are proven to get people's attention and give a game more chance to sell, they'll add it.

Those sort of Miiverse features can technically be added for any title, and with PS4 and Xbox One already having those features, it's likely they'll just link these games to the community and let the Miiverse online network handle it instead of the actual console.

With Miiverse, you can also share things between other devices besides just the game consoles. That's one thing Nintendo has done that Sony hasn't. Game videos and such are locked onto PS4 consoles as far as I know.

As for the local 12 player, I wonder how they're gonna do that. I'm guessing 3DS systems or wireless LAN between WiiU consoles might happen.

EDIT: UStream works for PS, but Xbox One basically has the same thing. The difference is that you don't need more than one account for Miiverse to work.
So yes, there are differences, but they all closely appeal the same way pretty much.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Happy_Mask

Wow, the online features of this entry really seem promising. This one really looks like it may very well be the best Mario kart game yet!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

shingi_70

Game looks great. I'm still blown away at how much EAD G1 has been able to accomplish given the short deelopment frame between this and MK7.
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

shingi_70

@SCAR392

Naw Sony's already confirmed mostly how the system will work.

The System will automatically cache the last 15 minutes of gameplay for upload and you can go back too Take a screen shot pr edit the video to get the piece you want. You also have the option of doing a straight up live stream to services like Stream and Twitch.

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

@Sony_70
I don't think you understood my reply. Miiverse has all the the same capabilities as Sony's video services, EXCEPT live streaming(I should also mention, as far as we know). Xbox One has the same features, too, if not better implemented, so I don't really see the big deal.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

shingi_70

From what we know the xbox system works the exact same way as the PS4 system does.

WAT!

SCRAPPER392

Sony_70 wrote:

From what we know the xbox system works the exact same way as the PS4 system does.

Mainly, except the Xbox One UI is more open than PS4's, IMO.
Also, Xbox One lets users put any other secondary feature in split screen mode, meaning you have 2 programs running on screen at once.
So really, based on what we know, Microsoft has the best OS and UI so far. I'm not saying Sony can't do the same, but it hasn't been implemented.

EDIT: That's why I don't see why Nintendo gets some of the grief it does. Miiverse can technically do all the same things as the PS4 and Xbox One sharing features. That Mario Kart TV feature proves it, and that's just based on the fact that the Miiverse network can support video straight from the service.

Then we have the OS complaints... Xbox One can already factually do more based off the UI and OS, unless Sony hasn't shown it, which again, is exactly the type of attitude PS4 people towards Wii U.
"There's no proof Wii U can do that" is a similar statement I could throw out there, except replace the insults on the Wii U towards the PS4 in comparison to the Xbox One. Same thing.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic