Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 1,381 to 1,400 of 4,912

UGXwolf

19Robb92 wrote:

I just created a fake Club Nintendo account and linked it to a fake UK NNID account on my WiiU. Does anyone know if this will allow me to download content from the UK eShop? (I'd like to make use of the "one free game" Mario Kart offer)

I have no problems entering the eShop or anything like that. I'm just wondering if any problems will occur once I actually download something.

I'm not entirely sure why you'd need fake accounts, but regardless, it seems like it should work out fine. Not that I've tried. I have an account linked to my own NNID and I don't live in the UK, either. It doesn't seem like there should be any issues, though.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

BenAV

Living in Australia, there are some titles that don't make it here the same time as Europe so I have a secondary UK NNID that I use for those titles, no issues at all.
Dunno with the Club Nintendo stuff but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

19Robb92

UGXwolf wrote:

I'm not entirely sure why you'd need fake accounts

Because we don't have Club Nintendo in Sweden. So the only way to get anything Club Nintendo related is to have a account in a different country.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

RedYoshi999

The new Rainbow Road doesn't really gel with me. Visuals are nice, but the track design and length leaves a lot to be desired. I'm not even particularly fond of the theme. Bowser's Castle looks epic though. N64 Rainbow Road also makes up for what it lacks too.

RedYoshi999

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AlternateButtons

I agree, I expected A LOT more with this Rainbow Road. It's not that long, there are no loops, it's nowhere NEAR as insane as Mario Kart Wii's Rainbow Road, and it just doesn't look challenging. Maybe it's because the developers over hyped it by saying: "we did something special this time around" but I just don't see it. It looks great but bland in comparison to other Rainbow Roads.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

DefHalan

19Robb92 wrote:

I just created a fake Club Nintendo account and linked it to a fake UK NNID account on my WiiU. Does anyone know if this will allow me to download content from the UK eShop? (I'd like to make use of the "one free game" Mario Kart offer)

I have no problems entering the eShop or anything like that. I'm just wondering if any problems will occur once I actually download something.

The only thing I would warn about is when downloads go account based (and transferring games to the next system is account based, not system based) you will lose those free games

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Sinister

Just preodered the Steelbook. Will be my first ever Steelbook for a game ^^

3DS FC: 4553-9946-1131

Spanjard

How long can you moan about a freaking stage lol. You guys are depressing

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AlternateButtons

@Retro_on_theGo I wouldn't say it's the worst, I believe Mario Kart Super Circuit takes the cake with that one but it is indeed a massive disappointment.

@Spanjard Quite awhile due to the fact that this course is supposed to be the FINALE course of the game. Rainbow Road should've been this breath taking and definitive experience that tests the skill of the player and blows you away. It does NONE of that from the looks of it. Rainbow Road is such a big part of the Mario Kart series that when it fails to deliver, it is very disappointing.

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Spanjard

I disagree, rainbow road on 64 for example, was definitely not the hardest course, not even close. Also, it was way too long and a bit boring tbh.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

DreamyViridi

I agree that 64's Rainbow Road was long and boring and bland. It's the only Rainbow Road that I'd never want to race on.
I actually enjoy Super Circuit's because a simple Mushroom boost makes for great jumps and huge shortcuts if your skilled.
Haven't seen 8's Rainbow Road due to spoilers, I want to experience it myself.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature. Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels /

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

kletro

This is going to be my first mario kart and i'm wondering what makes mario kart so much better than other kart racers like sonic all stars or the f1 one

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

MonocledMetroid

kletro wrote:

Excuse me, but what does 'cc' mean?

Cubic Centimeters, it's referring to the size of the engines.

MonocledMetroid

Datasun_7

kletro wrote:

This is going to be my first mario kart and i'm wondering what makes mario kart so much better than other kart racers like sonic all stars or the f1 one

Probably a combination of polish and nostalgia xp not saying the series is bad by any sense, but a lot of people has memories of playing with mates etc, myself included.
The games themselves are fun, but I wouldn't say they do anything truly unique when compared to other good kart racers.

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

kletro

MonocledMetroid wrote:

kletro wrote:

Excuse me, but what does 'cc' mean?

Cubic Centimeters, it's referring to the size of the engines.

Oh, I knew that, I just didn't think karts in mario kart have such details (I have never played mk)

kletro

Nintendo Network ID: kletro | Twitter:

Datasun_7

Dark-Luigi wrote:

I really hope they make the stamps more reasonable. In 3D World people killed the community by posting tons of fart jokes of the game.

Well that's miiverse for you. Horrifying

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic