Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 3,941

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,281. Posted:

@Densityman Agreed. I can't belive nintendo took their stupid pills again with that move. Did they play too much of 7 or something?

Oh well, I guess that's my only grip at this game. This is without a doubt going to be my GOTY aside from Smash. I haven't been this hyped for a game since 3D World! :D I better sell some games to make that ridiculous price go down so I can get this day one, instead of a freakin' June 13.

@Dreamy, No, it's not. Just because she's not in it, doesn't mean this roaster is still plain awful.

Edited on by Dark-Luigi

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,282. Posted:

So my question about Battle Mode is this: are the big, free-roaming stages from past Mario Kart games gone? Because if they are, that would be a shame. I like that Nintendo mixed up the Battle Mode to try something new with something that's basically Battle Races, but I would think the classic big stages like N64 Double Decker and Wii Funky Stadium would be awesome to play in Mario Kart 8, especially with online playing such a huge, crucial role.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,283. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

So my question about Battle Mode is this: are the big, free-roaming stages from past Mario Kart games gone? Because if they are, that would be a shame. I like that Nintendo mixed up the Battle Mode to try something new with something that's basically Battle Races, but I would think the classic big stages like N64 Double Decker and Wii Funky Stadium would be awesome to play in Mario Kart 8, especially with online playing such a huge, crucial role.

Well, there are no laps, so it isn't a battle "race" per say, but you are battling on the entire track. Since Nintendo removed Battle Stages entirely, it might be a big disappointment to some, but for me I think I can get used to it.

Battle mode will have "Battle Tracks", no more "Battle Stages". :|

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,284. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Densityman Agreed.

@Dark-Luigi You mean @DestinyMan? :P

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,285. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Densityman Agreed.

@Dark-Luigi You mean @DestinyMan? :P

Well, I guess some of my posts are dense...

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

1,286. Posted:

@Rosalina...I have a sucky phone. Why would it matter? :|

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,287. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

@Rosalina...I have a sucky phone. Why would it matter? :|

Because adding the @ sign notifies/replies/sends a message to the person saying what you wrote. I just thought you'd want him to know what you wrote.
That's all. ;)

EDIT: Wait a minute, did auto-correct did that for you? Well that explains it... I got a sucky phone too, so I don't blame ya.

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,288. Posted:

This game looks absolutely spectacular. There's not a single thing about this latest reveal (aside from the roster) that I didn't love. I can't believe we're so lucky! The minor disappointment that is the roster is made up for 100$ by absolutely everything else about this game. Also, I'm totez downloading Windwaker HD with this game. Also, getting this game day 1! God, I can't wait! Just one more month! The excitement is too instense.

On a side note, there's still hope for the roster to grow. Maybe they haven't truly revealed everything the roster has to offer. I really hope they haven't. This is gonna be great!

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,289. Posted:

well... it's official. I won't play this game because it will ruin my finals.. My last final is 10 June so... this is kinda painful. I already ordered it so I'm gonna receive it on 30 May anyway but I'm gonna tell my brother to just lock it away. I can't take this risk, it's my absolutely final year at university and I already have 2 jobs during summer vacation, so no time for resits lol.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

1,290. Posted:

The next 31 days are going to be the biggest drag in my entire life. My hype has now gotten to the point where if the holiday I plan on taking coincides with MK8 releasing, I will delay it into June! (maybe mid June, don't want to miss E3 either!)

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

MasterGuard08

1,291. Posted:

Well, this has been a wonderful morning! I am excited to play as Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach (or Metal Peach as I am going to call her). Bring on May 30th!

MasterGuard08

Nintendo Network ID: MasterGuard08 | Twitter: MasterGuard08

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,292. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

well... it's official. I won't play this game because it will ruin my finals.. My last final is 10 June so... this is kinda painful. I already ordered it so I'm gonna receive it on 30 May anyway but I'm gonna tell my brother to just lock it away. I can't take this risk, it's my absolutely final year at university and I already have 2 jobs during summer vacation, so no time for resits lol.

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER IT!!!!! Remember; FREE. GAME.

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7

Mario Maker
Splatoon
Hyrule Warriors

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,293. Posted:

Bowser's Castle looks so epic. :O

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,294. Posted:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Well, this has been a wonderful morning! I am excited to play as Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach (or Metal Peach as I am going to call her). Bring on May 30th!

I was watching the Direct with my kids, and my daughter also got very excited about Pink Gold Peach.

Edited on by jariw

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,295. Posted:

I am disappointed by the Direct. Baby Rosalina and Golden Peach are complete throw-away characters, and if there aren't any additional unlockable characters past the 30 we've seen in the Direct, this will be the worst Mario Kart roster in terms of what the power of the system could provide. The Koopalings are OK, but are no replacement for characters like Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., or even King Boo.

The Crazy 8 is just a lazy re-hash of the Lucky 7 with a coin stuck on. And the fact that coins can now be gotten from Item Boxes will just add more randomness to the game by making stuff like bananas and shells to block items harder to get to block other items. It will be even harder now to hold a lead than what it is currently. The Horn is OK, but depending on the places you can get it in the race, the higher it is, the more overpowered it will be. If you can get it at any place above 6th, it will be just as annoying as the Blue Shell.

And the layout of the Direct itself (at least the UK one) was just so childish, boring and patronising. There was a lot of good things that we saw, like the online modes, the track designs, the phenomenal music, but overall the Direct has dampened my expectations of the game. Even though I will still be getting it at launch, I'm not as excitied for it anymore, and frankly I'm looking forward to my free copy of Monster Hunter more.

Edited on by Bulbousaur

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,296. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Bowser's Castle looks so epic. :O

I agree!!!! This is the best Bowser's Castle I've ever seen!

I'm pretty sure that this game is gonna be the killer app for the Wii U. But there's only one thing I didn't get, does this game make use of the gamepad?

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

1,297. Posted:

Yesterday I walked next door to my friendly GameStop store and cancelled my Mario Kart 8 pre-order.

Today, I paid in full, a new pre-order for the game at BestBuy.com.

Can't wait to get my ten bucks in gas and Pikmin 3!! :D

"And [Sting!!!], I'm not coming to show YOU or anyone else who the better wrestler is. I'm coming...to hurt you...for real...for a long, looong time. WOOOOO!!!" - 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair
AC:NL Dream Address: 4400-2611-9546
My name in a game!!!
My Bird Mania Christmas 3D review

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2506-5820 | Nintendo Network ID: bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Artwark

1,298. Posted:

Bulbousaur wrote:

I am disappointed by the Direct. Baby Rosalina and Golden Peach are complete throw-away characters, and if there aren't any additional unlockable characters past the 30 we've seen in the Direct, this will be the worst Mario Kart roster in terms of what the power of the system could provide. The Koopalings are OK, but are no replacement for characters like Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., or even King Boo.

The Crazy 8 is just a lazy re-hash of the Lucky 7 with a coin stuck on. And the fact that coins can now be gotten from Item Boxes will just add more randomness to the game by making stuff like bananas and shells to block items harder to get to block other items. It will be even harder now to hold a lead than what it is currently. The Horn is OK, but depending on the places you can get it in the race, the higher it is, the more overpowered it will be. If you can get it at any place above 6th, it will be just as annoying as the Blue Shell.

And the layout of the Direct itself (at least the UK one) was just so childish, boring and patronising. There was a lot of good things that we saw, like the online modes, the track designs, the phenomenal music, but overall the Direct has dampened my expectations of the game. Even though I will still be getting it at launch, I'm not as excitied for it anymore, and frankly I'm looking forward to my free copy of Monster Hunter more.

man, this is the closest Nintendo is trying to do for the mass appeal and you're still not satisfied?

Granted the presentation of the direct is a little cheesy but it still announced the good stuff and its kind of funny at times.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,299. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Miss_Dark wrote:

DON'T FORGET TO REGISTER IT!!!!! Remember; FREE. GAME.

Hmz good point.. by delaying playing it I might forget bout that. Thx for the warning, I 'm gonna write it down :)!!!

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,300. Posted:

I can get Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREE GAME!!!!!! :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9