Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,398

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,201. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

BenAV wrote:

I still just don't like DLC.
Optional sure, but it'll bug me if there are more tracks available that I don't have access to, because it'll just feel like I'm not getting the full experience that everyone else is, and I don't have the money to be paying extra for DLC all the time, I can barely afford the game to begin with.
Both situations leave me with the same number of tracks to enjoy, but just the existence of tracks that I don't own is really annoying.
For this reason Mario Golf has actually gone from a must buy game to an I sort of maybe want it but maybe some day if I have spare money game.

^^THIS I CAN RELATE TO^^

I like free DLC, but lets be real here... Nintendo most likely won't make free DLC for this game; it'll pretty much be paid instead.

Agreed with both of you! Hopefully Nintendo lets you sample a DLC track or cup in some form. I got about 16 bucks on my Eshop account. I hope none of the DLC costs over that.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

1,202. Posted:

Does anyone know if Amazon.com will allow Release Day Delivery for this game, so far they haven't confirmed it yet.
I am going to spend a week at my mother's home at the very beginning of June and I'm still debating whether i should take my Wii U (for Mario Kart 8) or my PS3 or my PS4 (going with one system since i don't want to have to take too much baggage). Back in October, I was able to pre-order MK8 from Newegg for $50 with FREE SHIPPING, but i might pay the full price (and maybe a little more) to get it sooner.

Another scenario i am unsure of if anyone can help me out,
the (possible;estimated) file size for the digital download and if it will be available at midnight on the eShop.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,203. Posted:

jariw wrote:

Azooooz wrote:

I second that. Take a look at New Super Luigi U for example.

Or Pikmin 3 as another example, where the DLC isn't related to the main game story, but great for those who plays the challenges (I would gladly pay for more Bingo Battle courses).

I'm not sure what I feel about the Wii U Sports Club payment model, though.

I think that only works because Wii Sports is the kind of thing you play once while everyone is around. That model wouldn't make any sense for Mario Kart.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,204. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

Does anyone know if Amazon.com will allow Release Day Delivery for this game, so far they haven't confirmed it yet.
I am going to spend a week at my mother's home at the very beginning of June and I'm still debating whether i should take my Wii U (for Mario Kart 8) or my PS3 or my PS4 (going with one system since i don't want to have to take too much baggage). Back in October, I was able to pre-order MK8 from Newegg for $50 with FREE SHIPPING, but i might pay the full price (and maybe a little more) to get it sooner.

the (possible;estimated) file size for the digital download and if it will be available at midnight on the eShop.

Most likely they will have release day delivery, but you have to pay for it to get it that quickly unless you have Prime.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

1,205. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

all first party Nintendo releases are available at midnight, and a japanese site that sells download codes suggest MK8 is 4.9GB+
edit: Yes infact Amazon does, and I was lucky to get a student trial of Prime and pre-ordered the PC version of Watch_Dogs, my copy is scheduled to arrive on release day! so i imagine the same should be true for MK8 if you select two-day shipping or above.

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: Nick kun13 | Steam: Nick_kun13
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & XBONE
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874 | Nintendo Network ID: Nick-kun13

AuthorMessage

4cat

1,206. Posted:

Do you guys think the rumors are true that there will be a demo released soon?

4cat

AuthorMessage

Sonicfan11589

1,207. Posted:

4cat wrote:

That would truly be a "god-send" (to me at least), u know something to tide us over, then again, just 4 more weeks, if we waited this long, we could surely wait another 4 weeks. In reply to my comment before about my vacation, i am (as of now) plan on taking my Wii U, but i will be picking up a retail copy most likely to save space on my Wii U storage, even though MK8 would one of those games that i don't mind having installed digitally.

Sonicfan11589

AuthorMessage

4cat

1,208. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

4cat wrote:

That would truly be a "god-send" (to me at least), u know something to tide us over, then again, just 4 more weeks, if we waited this long, we could surely wait another 4 weeks. In reply to my comment before about my vacation, i am (as of now) plan on taking my Wii U, but i will be picking up a retail copy most likely to save space on my Wii U storage, even though MK8 would one of those games that i don't mind having installed digitally.

It would to me too I can't wait to play it and it would be a great gesture from nintendo :)

4cat

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,209. Posted:

What are your predictions for the starter things?

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,210. Posted:

BusterRed123 wrote:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Wario, Toad, Baby Mario, Rosalina, Daisy, Koopa, and probably some others.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,211. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

BusterRed123 wrote:

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, DK, Yoshi, Wario, Toad, Baby Mario, Rosalina, Daisy, Koopa, and probably some others.

What about the kart parts.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,212. Posted:

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

...just 4 more weeks, if we waited this long, we could surely wait another 4 weeks....

Careful, you're treading dangerous ground. Just don't be mad if the game gets delayed.

Now playing:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,213. Posted:

@BusterRed123 I'll let you know after I play through MK7.

@brewsky All things considered, I severely doubt that will happen.

Edited on by UGXwolf

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,214. Posted:

VOICECHAT online confiirmed !!!!!

http://gaminrealm.com/2014/04/29/mario-kart-8-now-includes-vo...

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,215. Posted:

Great, now I have to mute everyone when I play online. -_-

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

1,216. Posted:

I'll believe it when I see it working in the game.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

1,217. Posted:

Ugh..

IF they do it they better not half-donkey it & skip out on a mute feature. I want to be able to choose in the options menu that I don't want to hear any voice chat, ever.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,218. Posted:

Yes hopefully they dont forget the mute option

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

MasterGuard08

1,219. Posted:

I am excited for this but also worried. Just like the Kinect with the Xbox One, everyone and their mother is going to be talking. Screaming kids, loud music, and humming/singing. Lovely

MasterGuard08

Nintendo Network ID: MasterGuard08 | Twitter: MasterGuard08

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,220. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

IF they do it they better not half-ass it & skip out on a mute feature. I want to be able to choose in the options menu that I don't want to hear any voice chat, ever.

That's probably the way it's going to be implemented. Features like the mii universe features have always been optional in the existing Wii U games.

"brewsky" wrote:

Careful, you're treading dangerous ground. Just don't be mad if the game gets delayed.

Actually, I think it's the other way around with MK8. I think it has been ready (except for the QA testing perhaps) for some time. A specific release date was set very early on MK8. And the MK8 release date plays well with the upcoming E3.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Stealth Inc. 2, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Bayonetta 1+2, SSB U, Rayman Legends
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Affordable Space Adventures, X, Hex Heroes, Yoshi's Wooly World, Splatoon, and more