[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore :c ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

CM30

122. Posted:

Not in this game there isn't. Sorry, no two person karts in Mario Kart 8.

Talk Nintendo, my Nintendo Forum!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4189

AuthorMessage

Emaan

123. Posted:

CM30 wrote:

Not in this game there isn't. Sorry, no two person karts in Mario Kart 8.

I didn't think so, I'm just curious what they're talking about in the interview.
Or at least, what was noted in a previous post of it being mentioned.

I believe in make believe~
The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

124. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Double Dash mode?

Nintendo has stated that they have had so many requests for this, that it might be possible for a return in Mario Kart 8. Don't listen to the uninformed.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

AuthorMessage

Emaan

125. Posted:

Lol. I wasn't listening to the uninformed or under the impression that this was an included feature.

I was just commenting- if you will- on its inclusion in the interview summary.

Anyways. :o

Edited on by Emaan

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

CM30

126. Posted:

And in the interview, they say it's not being included in this game (Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8 are listed as games where it doesn't return), but might come back in the future.

Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!

AuthorMessage

Emaan

127. Posted:

@CM30
Alright. Thanks for clearing that up.

The Emaaloggery

AuthorMessage

Sensei_Sendai

128. Posted:

In all seriousness, what Retro course would you guys like to see appear. I'd like to see Toad's Factory from the Wii and that crazy Yoshi stage from the NES/SNES.

Would like to see some modes return from Double Dash, like the All Cup Tour (possibly one for Retro and one for Normal), the Capture the Flag mode in Battle and some form of Challenge mode as seen in the DS Mode, or at the very least, the competition mode from the Mario Kart Channel. Oh and my most realistic request, the ability to play Versus in Single Player instead of having to do a Grand Prix. Oh, and Section Races were cool as well.

Sensei_Sendai

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

129. Posted:

Sensei_Sendai wrote:

In all seriousness, what Retro course would you guys like to see appear. I'd like to see Toad's Factory from the Wii and that crazy Yoshi stage from the NES/SNES.

Would like to see some modes return from Double Dash, like the All Cup Tour (possibly one for Retro and one for Normal), the Capture the Flag mode in Battle and some form of Challenge mode as seen in the DS Mode, or at the very least, the competition mode from the Mario Kart Channel. Oh and my most realistic request, the ability to play Versus in Single Player instead of having to do a Grand Prix. Oh, and Section Races were cool as well.

everything you said is a good idea. Especially since this game is trying to be the Mario Kart with ALL the content.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

130. Posted:

How about all new courses with Reto tracks being DLC.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Sensei_Sendai

131. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

How about all new courses with Reto tracks being DLC.

Be honest, that isn't going to happen. Nintendo seems to be poking at DLC with a stick and seeing how people react to it, heck, we're not even seeing DLC in their retail releases yet, only Expansion Packs and regardless, if they did do that, we wouldn't get 32 Normal Races,. Only 16 Races with expansions in the future.

Plus I don't want to get too hopeful. But All Star Mode, Challenge & Sectioned Races are all highlights from the series for me, although the current section races felt kinda short.

Sensei_Sendai

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

132. Posted:

I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be nice if there was like a "story mode" of sorts, like the one in Crash Team Races, with different "boss races" and such? That's something at least I would like to see in a Mario Kart game. Don't think the possibility for that to happen is very high though...

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

Varia01

133. Posted:

DdFixen wrote:

I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be nice if there was like a "story mode" of sorts, like the one in Crash Team Races, with different "boss races" and such? That's something at least I would like to see in a Mario Kart game. Don't think the possibility for that to happen is very high though...

It may not happen, but that's an excellent idea! ;)

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

134. Posted:

I still say there should be a "Rainbow Cup" with EVERY VERSION OF RAINBOW ROAD IN IT! Or maybe a "Rainbow Cup 1" and "Rainbow Cup 2", if they don't want to have a 8-track cup.

Console Usernames: Rc

LOL, RAYMAN

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Greatest Work of Fiction ever made

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

AuthorMessage

DdFixen

135. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

I still say there should be a "Rainbow Cup" with EVERY VERSION OF RAINBOW ROAD IN IT! Or maybe a "Rainbow Cup 1" and "Rainbow Cup 2", if they don't want to have a 8-track cup.

Oh yes, that would truly be awesome! All the rainbow roads are just so iconic for the Kart series:)

DdFixen

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

136. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

The concept is awesome but I don't want that. Not anymore anyway; too many people constantly pick Rainbow Road (both SNES and 7) as it is online and it gets dull fast. Mario Kart 8 should stick with 7's motif of making a new Rainbow Road and borrowing one retro Rainbow Road; logically meaning 64's.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature (or Light for the holidays).
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

CM30

137. Posted:

To be fair, at least having a Rainbow Cup would mean that people would pick different Rainbow Roads rather than just one or two. So that has to improve things a tad, right?

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

138. Posted:

OdnetninAges wrote:

As awesome as that idea sounds, it's pretty unlikely, DLC would be the only possibility of that happening.

But if there can be only one retro Rainbow Road back, it would have to be the N64 one. Seriously; I want to see how radically improved that long, beautiful track would look in HD! If they want to start a tradition of one retro Rainbow Road per Mario Kart after the original one in 7, then the N64's would be the next logical choice.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

PloXyZeRO

139. Posted:

I hate N64's Rainbow Road. It's long and not very interesting. It became more interesting starting from Double Dash. Anyway, aren't there like 4 GBA Rainbow Roads? I've never played the GBA Mario Kart but I heard there were multiples. A rainbow cup wouldn't be very fun in my opinion, because once you fall behind in most rainbow roads, it's just about impossible to catch up. You become isolated and it just feels like a time trail after that. Having two rainbow roads in one game is enough in my opinion!

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter: ContraParadox

AuthorMessage

WildMan

140. Posted:

The people who hate Rainbow Road are probably the same people who suck driving on it..

Mmm Chicken

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1253-2852