Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,984

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,181. Posted:

There's a key difference between Mario Golf and Mario Kart 8. Mario Kart is a vastly more popular series than Mario Golf. DLC coming to MG? The only people who really are gonna buy the DLC are the people who are obsessed with the game.
But MK8? I don't know how people would respond well to DLC for MK8. MK8's audience is so wide... from kids all the way to adults. It really depends on the pricing and how its done. Heck, the online for DLC tracks might be small. It REALLY depends on how Nintendo does it.

I personally wouldn't spend more than 7 bucks for a track. A Season Pass shouldn't cost over 12 dollars in my eyes. $15 for a Season Pass? HECK NO.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,182. Posted:

Blast wrote:

I personally wouldn't spend more than 7 bucks for a track. A Season Pass shouldn't cost over 12 dollars in my eyes. $15 for a Season Pass? HECK NO.

You kidding me? I wouldn't pay more than $7 for an entire cup.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,183. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL whoops. I meant cup, too.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,184. Posted:

Blast wrote:

brewsky wrote:

Blast wrote:

LOL whoops. I meant cup, too.

Ok. :p Just making sure.

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

Imagamerboi

1,185. Posted:

Oh man I can't wait to see how the gravity will be used in battle mode where you can go on the walls and upside down things.

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

AuthorMessage

skywake

1,186. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

Since there's only one unnannounced retro track, let's make a pool, shall we?

SNES Bowser's Castle 1
SNES Bowser's Castle 2
SNES Bowser's Castle 3
GBA Bowser's Castle 4
GCN Bowser's Castle
DS Bowser Castle
Wii Bowser's Castle
Another Track I Didn't Mention

The "other track" option is probably the most likely because it's by far the most broad. However of all the tracks individually I think the Wii Bowser's Castle seems like the most obvious answer. However if I was to pick the one I wanted to see the most it would be SNES Bowser's Castle 3.
Untitled
Because I hate that track soooo much.

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,187. Posted:

I would love DLC for Mario Kart 8 and I have no idea why so many people would be worried about it. If you want more tracks pay for the DLC, if not then don't pay

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,188. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

I would love DLC for Mario Kart 8 and I have no idea why so many people would be worried about it. If you want more tracks pay for the DLC, if not then don't pay

Its not that simple, my friend.

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

1,189. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What makes it more complicated? If it was me and if MK8's online works just like MK7 then if a DLC track is selected then you spectate it. (would be like advertising for those who did buy it) But the other way would be if not everyone in the race has access to DLC tracks then those DLC tracks aren't selectable. I don't see how it would be complicated

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,190. Posted:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

What makes it more complicated? If it was me and if MK8's online works just like MK7 then if a DLC track is selected then you spectate it. (would be like advertising for those who did buy it) But the other way would be if not everyone in the race has access to DLC tracks then those DLC tracks aren't selectable. I don't see how it would be complicated

DLC is a very slippery slope that can easily ruin a game if its not done right. I trust Nintendo but anything can happen.

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,191. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

DLC is a very slippery slope that can easily ruin a game if its not done right. I trust Nintendo but anything can happen.

How so? Most DLC anywhere is optional and most racing game with new tracks or cars usually put out comptaboloty patches as to not break multiplayer.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,192. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

How so? Most DLC anywhere is optional and most racing game with new tracks or cars usually put out comptaboloty patches as to not break multiplayer.

As if it wasn't apparent enough already, DLC is a very touchy subject. I'm sure you saw the discussions about DLC in Mario Golf, a slightly niche game. DLC in Mario Kart will break the door down.

Now, I'm not opposed to it, but DLC in Mario Kart needs to be done VERY carefully. Despite Nintendo treading careful ground on DLC, I think a majority of people here still suffer from "DLC horror stories", which has become far too apparent in games nowadays.

Of course, on a minor note, we have to consider future Mario Kart games and their respective Retro Cups. If Nintendo were to release extra tracks, would they be considered for Retro Cups in future games? Or would they not be a part of it, since they weren't included in the main game?

The main concern here is a lack of uncertainty, and I think a discussion like this would be better suited for when the time comes and we know whether or not Mario Kart 8 will get the DLC treatment.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,193. Posted:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Actually, it is that simple. People just over-complicate it. DLC done well is 100% optional, and I can't recall Nintendo doing it wrong. It seems to me that they always give plenty of content to justify the price. So yes, it really is that simple.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,194. Posted:

Yeah I honestly can't remember Nintendo doing anything that bad with DLC. And it isn't like we're gonna get another Mario Kart for a while, might as well let this have post-release content.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

BenAV

1,195. Posted:

I still just don't like DLC.
Optional sure, but it'll bug me if there are more tracks available that I don't have access to, because it'll just feel like I'm not getting the full experience that everyone else is, and I don't have the money to be paying extra for DLC all the time, I can barely afford the game to begin with.
Both situations leave me with the same number of tracks to enjoy, but just the existence of tracks that I don't own is really annoying.
For this reason Mario Golf has actually gone from a must buy game to an I sort of maybe want it but maybe some day if I have spare money game.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

renaryuugufan92

1,196. Posted:

Wonder if we'll be getting a Mario Kart direct soon? kinda obvious we will but i'm just getting impatient haha

3DS Friendcode: 0001-3400-5874 | NNID: Nick-kun13 | Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78
Console history 1998 - today: N64 & PS1, GCN & PS2, Wii & 360, Wii U & Alienware 17
Handheld history 1999 - today: GBC, GBA SP, original DS, 3DS, 3DS XL

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,197. Posted:

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

Wonder if we'll be getting a Mario Kart direct soon? kinda obvious we will but i'm just getting impatient haha

Actually, I wouldn't be so sure. Nintendo seems content to let the trailers speak for themselves. Maybe we'll get a Direct for it. Or maybe we'll get a Nintendo Minute about the online features with a special guest appearance of Reggie Mii. (Kinda like they did for the Weege's Mansion online play.)

I really can't imagine what more they'd have to tell us, anyways. It'd just be a refresher of what we already know as well as a potential reveal of the few stages we don't already have locked down. Even then, they may leave those stages off until the launch trailer. Or maybe not even then. It's far from a sure thing.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

Azooooz

1,198. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Blast wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Actually, it is that simple. People just over-complicate it. DLC done well is 100% optional, and I can't recall Nintendo doing it wrong. It seems to me that they always give plenty of content to justify the price. So yes, it really is that simple.

I second that. Take a look at New Super Luigi U for example.

Pain is weakness, leaving the body.

But

Wii Fit U a day keeps you healthy and strong for days.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

AuthorMessage

jariw

1,199. Posted:

Azooooz wrote:

I second that. Take a look at New Super Luigi U for example.

Or Pikmin 3 as another example, where the DLC isn't related to the main game story, but great for those who plays the challenges (I would gladly pay for more Bingo Battle courses).

I'm not sure what I feel about the Wii U Sports Club payment model, though.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,200. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

I still just don't like DLC.
Optional sure, but it'll bug me if there are more tracks available that I don't have access to, because it'll just feel like I'm not getting the full experience that everyone else is, and I don't have the money to be paying extra for DLC all the time, I can barely afford the game to begin with.
Both situations leave me with the same number of tracks to enjoy, but just the existence of tracks that I don't own is really annoying.
For this reason Mario Golf has actually gone from a must buy game to an I sort of maybe want it but maybe some day if I have spare money game.

^^THIS I CAN RELATE TO^^

I like free DLC, but lets be real here... Nintendo most likely won't make free DLC for this game; it'll pretty much be paid instead.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors