Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,161 to 1,180 of 3,905

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,161. Posted:

@DestinyMan That roster looks right, legit or not! That would settle every issue I have with the roster as we know it.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

skywake

1,162. Posted:

DestinyMan wrote:

Untitled
The full roster?
Newcomers:
1. Nabbit
2. Kamek
Returning characters:
1. Diddy Kong
2. Birdo
3. Bowser, Jr.
4. Dry Bones
5. King Boo
6. Mii
Looking at these icons again, some of them look rough, like the ones for King Boo and Dry Bones. I'd be cautious if I were you, unfortunately. I was getting pretty happy until I looked closer.

I don't think that's the thing that's dodgy about it. Look again, all of the ones with non-single-point eyes are looking directly out of the screen. None of the new characters shown on this roster are. Also rather co-incidental that the characters and karts that have been selected are identical to the ones in the screen already floating around. Yes?

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,163. Posted:

Yeah, I'm just gonna regard this pic with the same air I have for Smash rosters. It's probably just someone's prediction. I could see this being the case very easily. Birdo, King Boo, Diddy, and Bowser Jr. haven't missed a console version since Double Dash, and Nabbit could very easily be this game's one-off character.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,164. Posted:

There's a pre-order gift at Target in North America that is a keychain when you use a Mario Kart 8 Target card.
Untitled

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

1,165. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Don't get excited.

Missed opportunity if it's not in.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,166. Posted:

I don't feel like Wario Colosseum would really gain that much from the update. Or any Double Dash course, for that matter.

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,167. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

I don't feel like Wario Colosseum would really gain that much from the update. Or any Double Dash course, for that matter.

Don't underestimate it though. Nintendo has done a superb job with re-fitting the retro tracks. Even if it weren't in, I think a track that could benefit a lot from Mario Kart 8's anti-gravity mechanic is Ribbon Road (even though a Bowser track is the most likely).

The portrait suggests a lot of wavy roads: Untitled

Although I agree that any other Double Dash track at this point might not gain that much.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

SG9000

1,168. Posted:

Since there's only one unnannounced retro track, let's make a pool, shall we?

SNES Bowser's Castle 1
SNES Bowser's Castle 2
SNES Bowser's Castle 3
GBA Bowser's Castle 4
GCN Bowser's Castle
DS Bowser Castle
Wii Bowser's Castle
Another Track I Didn't Mention

Which one is the most likely to return?

EDIT: By the way, 3DS Bowser's Castle is impossible since there can't be 2 retro tracks from the same MK in the same Retro Cup.

Personally, I hesitate between GCN Wario Colosseum and GBA Ribbon Road, both tracks could have a lot of potential in this game.

Edited on by SG9000

SG9000

Nintendo Network ID: SG9000

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,169. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

Personally, I hesitate between GCN Wario Colosseum and GBA Ribbon Road, both tracks could have a lot of potential in this game.

I would've preferred that Sweet Sweet Canyon wasn't in the game.
Ribbon Road is much more fitting than a "Sugar Rush" track.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both) + Wii U GameCube Adapter + Controller
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,170. Posted:

SG9000 wrote:

Since there's only one unnannounced retro track, let's make a pool, shall we?

SNES Bowser's Castle 1
SNES Bowser's Castle 2
SNES Bowser's Castle 3
GBA Bowser's Castle 4
GCN Bowser's Castle
DS Bowser Castle
Wii Bowser's Castle
Another Track I Didn't Mention

Which one is the most likely to return?

EDIT: By the way, 3DS Bowser's Castle is impossible since there can't be 2 retro tracks from the same MK in the same Retro Cup.

As we already had this discussion, I'll give an abridged version of my answer. I think it'll be DS, but Wii and Double Dash are by no means out of the question. I really don't expect a flat Bowser Castle.

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,171. Posted:

Wait, Still, There's always been four tracks from the previous game in the game after. Also, They can always change rules.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

SparkOfSpirit

1,172. Posted:

Maybe they'll pick a SNES Bowser's Castle and slant it all over like that one section of the Mario Circuit track from Super Circuit?

Or maybe they'll not use a Bowser's Castle retro track for the first time ever. It's possible.

“A thing may be too sad to be believed or too wicked to be believed or too good to be believed; but it cannot be too absurd to be believed in this planet of frogs and elephants, of crocodiles and cuttle-fish.”
― G.K. Chesterton

AuthorMessage

MasterGuard08

1,173. Posted:

People are speculating about a DLC/Season Pass for Mario Kart 8 since they released one for Mario Golf on the 3DS. I don't know how I feel on this but it could be a good think I suppose. As long as it doesn't mess up the online multiplayer like COD does. What are your thoughts?

MasterGuard08

Nintendo Network ID: MasterGuard08 | Twitter: MasterGuard08

AuthorMessage

Nintenjoe64

1,174. Posted:

Wow such idiotic statements regarding what the rules are on Nintendo selecting retro tracks.

The rules are, there are no rules!!

PS If Nintendo are reading (which they're not), can you please just make every track available as DLC. Don't overprice it and everyone will buy it. 32 kart tracks, no matter how dynamic will get old quickly.

I only posted this to get my avatar as the forum's thumbnail.

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

1,175. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

You don't think tricking, gliding, underwater, and antigravity aren't much? LOL.

They've added more to the series in the last few games than the series ever has, there is a world of difference between Double Dash and 8.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

DirkaDirka

1,176. Posted:

Just went to my local GameStop and saw this game getting advertised a bunch. Totally on the hype train for this game!

DirkaDirka

Nintendo Network ID: DirkaDirka

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,177. Posted:

@Nintenjoe64 You're right. The are no rules. Doesn't mean there aren't patterns. Even so, we're just making reasonable assumptions. Nothing is set in stone. Clearly, they're going to break a pattern, here. I just feel the "four tracks from the last game" pattern is more likely to be broken.

@Bolt_Strike Yes, but they aren't gonna remodel the whole course just to accommodate some extra features. Fill the dome with water? Cool. Glide into the dome? Nice. Tricks off of ramps? Doesn't change a lot, but sure! Maybe have the track go sideways? Why not? But I don't think they'll do all of this, and even if they were going to, I feel a Bowser Castle course is just far more likely.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,178. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

Loading screen

Untitled

A loading screen in a Mario Kart game?? :o

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

1,179. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Yes, but they aren't gonna remodel the whole course just to accommodate some extra features. Fill the dome with water? Cool. Glide into the dome? Nice. Tricks off of ramps? Doesn't change a lot, but sure! Maybe have the track go sideways? Why not? But I don't think they'll do all of this, and even if they were going to, I feel a Bowser Castle course is just far more likely.

No, they're not going to use every single one of those features, they're going to add them where it feels natural, but there's a lot of places in the course where it does feel natural. Like GameExplain pointed out, the whole track has a roller coaster feel, with the track weaving up and down and all around through the dome and jumping off ramps, there are plenty of places to put trick ramps, gliding sections, and antigravity without them feeling too forced. In fact, I'd say there's more that could be done here than there is on any Bowser's Castle course in the series.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,180. Posted:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

People are speculating about a DLC/Season Pass for Mario Kart 8 since they released one for Mario Golf on the 3DS. I don't know how I feel on this but it could be a good think I suppose. As long as it doesn't mess up the online multiplayer like COD does. What are your thoughts?

Either they keep it free or do it like how Fire Emblem: Awakening did DLC.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9