Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 4,852

SubBronze

cookiex wrote:

One feature I find neat is the ability to upload your footage directly to Youtube. Reminds me of the replay tool in Team Fortress 2.

Hopefully they add some basic editing tools as well, at the very least a replay option which is just the fixed viewpoint that you have during racing instead of the crazy replay camera.

Also, the fact that Nintendo is now offering a direct-to-YouTube uploader within the game means that they have hopefully learned their lesson from the YouTube copyright battles with uploaders a few months back.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Datasun_7

I just find it baffling how people are saying about cancelling preorders because of the roster. If anything the battle mode is the most disappointing thing tbh, I doesn't sound like it will online either

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

MasterGuard08

Ryno wrote:

Artwark wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

I am disappointed by the Direct. Baby Rosalina and Golden Peach are complete throw-away characters, and if there aren't any additional unlockable characters past the 30 we've seen in the Direct, this will be the worst Mario Kart roster in terms of what the power of the system could provide. The Koopalings are OK, but are no replacement for characters like Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., or even King Boo.

The Crazy 8 is just a lazy re-hash of the Lucky 7 with a coin stuck on. And the fact that coins can now be gotten from Item Boxes will just add more randomness to the game by making stuff like bananas and shells to block items harder to get to block other items. It will be even harder now to hold a lead than what it is currently. The Horn is OK, but depending on the places you can get it in the race, the higher it is, the more overpowered it will be. If you can get it at any place above 6th, it will be just as annoying as the Blue Shell.

And the layout of the Direct itself (at least the UK one) was just so childish, boring and patronising. There was a lot of good things that we saw, like the online modes, the track designs, the phenomenal music, but overall the Direct has dampened my expectations of the game. Even though I will still be getting it at launch, I'm not as excitied for it anymore, and frankly I'm looking forward to my free copy of Monster Hunter more.

man, this is the closest Nintendo is trying to do for the mass appeal and you're still not satisfied?

It's impossible to satisfy every gamer.

This is so true. I know some people who are not buying the game because of the exclusion of Donkey and Diddy Kong. I know people loved those characters but who knows, maybe they are coming in some shape or form? I don't think Nintendo would exclude them without a proper reason. Reason I adore Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach (Pink Gold Peach) is because I am a fan of these two. I wouldn't have mind seeing another form of Daisy besides her adult and baby form. The game is going to rock either way.

MasterGuard08

Nintendo Network ID: MasterGuard08 | Twitter:

Yoshi

Datasun_7 wrote:

I just find it baffling how people are saying about cancelling preorders because of the roster. If anything the battle mode is the most disappointing thing tbh, I doesn't sound like it will online either

I'm certain Battle Mode will have an online option. But I will agree that the omission of dedicated battle courses is disappointing.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

shingi_70

As crappy as the roster is, its not that big of a deal. 9/10's out of 10 i'll be playing as the Mii and it seems your kart configuration has more to do with the skill set than the actual characters.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

MasterGuard08

Datasun_7 wrote:

That also surprised me as well. I have never really liked Battle Mode but some of the maps made for it were so fun and cool. I would like Nintendo to explain their decision on changing it up.

MasterGuard08

Yoshi

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

That also surprised me as well. I have never really liked Battle Mode but some of the maps made for it were so fun and cool. I would like Nintendo to explain their decision on changing it up.

And I was really hoping that the best battle course ever was going to make it into the game....
Untitled

Now I'm sad.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Datasun_7

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

I do like how gamexplain described it as more classic battle, its just the fact its just the tracks and dedicated arenas. I could still be fun but whatever, Nintendo seems to be treating it for more like a side mode and not a way to play the game

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

BenAV

The last Battle Mode I've really enjoyed was on the Nintendo 64, so I don't mind them experimenting more to try to find something fun... if it doesn't turn out well then it's not like we've lost anything good that's been there in the previous few games.
It'll be interesting battling on tracks, and it's hard to tell how that'll work out without actually trying it, but besides from that the battle mode seems like an improvement (in terms of going back to three balloons then you're out).

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

MasterGuard08

brewsky wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Datasun_7 wrote:

And I was really hoping that the best battle course ever was going to make it into the game....
Untitled

Now I'm sad.

I understand, I'd be sad as well. I wonder why they made that drastic change to it. Maybe we haven't seen all of it? Maybe that was a specific setting in Battle Mode?

MasterGuard08

JoyBoy

Nobody is not buying this game because of the roster. That's just horsesh*t. People just like to moan and complain. Silly stuff.

The majority of Wii U owners was going to buy this game nonetheless. Now they added a FREE GAME. FREE? WTF? surely nobody is stupid enough to not buy this game.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MasterGuard08

Spanjard wrote:

Nobody is not buying this game because of the roster. That's just horsesh*t. People just like to moan and complain. Silly stuff.

The majority of Wii U owners was going to buy this game nonetheless. Now they added a FREE GAME. FREE? WTF? surely nobody is stupid enough to not buy this game.

I know someone. Then again, he bought his Wii U just because it was new and hasn't touched it since launch weekend.

MasterGuard08

Joeynator3000

....This direct is freaking me out, lol.
What's with the Robot Chicken channel changing? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Ryno

MasterGuard08 wrote:

[This is so true. I know some people who are not buying the game because of the exclusion of Donkey and Diddy Kong. I know people loved those characters but who knows, maybe they are coming in some shape or form? I don't think Nintendo would exclude them without a proper reason. Reason I adore Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach (Pink Gold Peach) is because I am a fan of these two. I wouldn't have mind seeing another form of Daisy besides her adult and baby form. The game is going to rock either way.

Donkey Kong is in the game. Nintendo may have a character DLC pack over the year of promoting Mario Kart 8 that will hopefully include Diddy, Birdo, King Boo, etc. (hoping anyway). If it will be free like Sonic Lost World DLC or paid is anyone's guess.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MasterGuard08

Ryno wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

[This is so true. I know some people who are not buying the game because of the exclusion of Donkey and Diddy Kong. I know people loved those characters but who knows, maybe they are coming in some shape or form? I don't think Nintendo would exclude them without a proper reason. Reason I adore Baby Rosalina and Metal Peach (Pink Gold Peach) is because I am a fan of these two. I wouldn't have mind seeing another form of Daisy besides her adult and baby form. The game is going to rock either way.

Donkey Kong is in the game. Nintendo may have a character DLC pack over the year of promoting Mario Kart 8 that will hopefully include Diddy, Birdo, King Boo. etc.. If it will be free like Sonic Lost World DLC or paid is anyone's guess.

Ah, my bad. I was in a rush but yeah, I think they may and I hope it is free

MasterGuard08

Shirma_Akayaku

SO, Pink Gold Peach apparently has diamonds. Still playing as her, heck, I even prefer her over the original Peach.
DIAMONDS. ARE. FOREVER.
Untitled

Characters that are worth using to me:
UntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitledUntitled

My Nicknames for them:
Daisy is "Mach Bike"
Iggy is "Brainy" or "Palm Tree"
Baby Rosalina is "Evilina" or "Devilina" (She got some menacing eyes. All babies are evil)
Toadette is Toadette
Lemmy is "Mohawk" or "Hyper"
Rosalina is Rozetta / Rosetta
Roy is "Tough Love" or "Pink Buff" (real men wear pink btw)
Pink Gold Peach is "Pink Poison Peach" (PPP) or "Pink Poison"

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

UGXwolf

I would like to point out that despite anything I've said, I have nothing against any of the new characters. I just think there should've been more veterans. I find it odd to remove Birdo, Bowser Jr., Dry Bones, and Diddy Kong. Maybe a character pack will resolve this, later, but I still love the roster, if I'm considering it on its own.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Pit-Stain

I never cared about the roster in Mario Kart. What matters for me is the tracks and the online play! I just can't stop smiling when looking how the retro stages look in beautiful HD!

Pit-Stain

MikeLove

Is everyone who is whining about certain characters being missing 100% sure that they couldn't possibly be included as unlockables?

MikeLove

Joeynator3000

Eh, if I do end up with this game sometime (might request as a birthday present, lol) at least I don't have to record races myself. They should do stuff like this with Youtube in more games.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic