Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 - OT

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 4,852

Socar

Bulbousaur wrote:

I am disappointed by the Direct. Baby Rosalina and Golden Peach are complete throw-away characters, and if there aren't any additional unlockable characters past the 30 we've seen in the Direct, this will be the worst Mario Kart roster in terms of what the power of the system could provide. The Koopalings are OK, but are no replacement for characters like Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., or even King Boo.

The Crazy 8 is just a lazy re-hash of the Lucky 7 with a coin stuck on. And the fact that coins can now be gotten from Item Boxes will just add more randomness to the game by making stuff like bananas and shells to block items harder to get to block other items. It will be even harder now to hold a lead than what it is currently. The Horn is OK, but depending on the places you can get it in the race, the higher it is, the more overpowered it will be. If you can get it at any place above 6th, it will be just as annoying as the Blue Shell.

And the layout of the Direct itself (at least the UK one) was just so childish, boring and patronising. There was a lot of good things that we saw, like the online modes, the track designs, the phenomenal music, but overall the Direct has dampened my expectations of the game. Even though I will still be getting it at launch, I'm not as excitied for it anymore, and frankly I'm looking forward to my free copy of Monster Hunter more.

man, this is the closest Nintendo is trying to do for the mass appeal and you're still not satisfied?

Granted the presentation of the direct is a little cheesy but it still announced the good stuff and its kind of funny at times.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Blast

I can get Mario Kart 8 and Pikmin 3 on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREE GAME!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

Artwark wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

I am disappointed by the Direct. Baby Rosalina and Golden Peach are complete throw-away characters, and if there aren't any additional unlockable characters past the 30 we've seen in the Direct, this will be the worst Mario Kart roster in terms of what the power of the system could provide. The Koopalings are OK, but are no replacement for characters like Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr., or even King Boo.

The Crazy 8 is just a lazy re-hash of the Lucky 7 with a coin stuck on. And the fact that coins can now be gotten from Item Boxes will just add more randomness to the game by making stuff like bananas and shells to block items harder to get to block other items. It will be even harder now to hold a lead than what it is currently. The Horn is OK, but depending on the places you can get it in the race, the higher it is, the more overpowered it will be. If you can get it at any place above 6th, it will be just as annoying as the Blue Shell.

And the layout of the Direct itself (at least the UK one) was just so childish, boring and patronising. There was a lot of good things that we saw, like the online modes, the track designs, the phenomenal music, but overall the Direct has dampened my expectations of the game. Even though I will still be getting it at launch, I'm not as excitied for it anymore, and frankly I'm looking forward to my free copy of Monster Hunter more.

man, this is the closest Nintendo is trying to do for the mass appeal and you're still not satisfied?

It's impossible to satisfy every gamer.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

Yesterday I walked next door to my friendly GameStop store and cancelled my Mario Kart 8 pre-order.

Today, I paid in full, a new pre-order for the game at BestBuy.com.

Can't wait to get my ten bucks in gas and Pikmin 3!!

Yeah, I'm not sure which way I'm going to go; Best Buy for $10.00 off gas or Target for the $5.00 gift card and the key chain. Yeah I know the key chain is pretty cheap but it's still semi-cool. Definitely going to get Pikmin 3 too though.

Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

jariw

Bulbousaur wrote:

Why would the roster matter, really...? The selected character doesn't affect gameplay, it only affects the look and the animations during jumps etc.

jariw

Blast

Bulbousaur wrote:

LMAO everyone is entitled to their opinion... but you think the Direct LOWERED the hype for this game???

LMAO you gotta be kidding me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ryno

bezerker99 wrote:

@Ryno - That's a neat lookin' keychain there! We're Wii U friends, right? If not, we need to be so we can race together come end o' next month!

Yes sir, I just signed on to miiverse.nintendo.net to confirm.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

SubBronze

Blast wrote:

LMAO everyone is entitled to their opinion... but you think the Direct LOWERED the hype for this game???

LMAO you gotta be kidding me.

Not in general, I see that the Direct has hyped up the game for most people, and the Direct has definitely sold copies of the game. But for me personally, I am no longer as excited. It will still be a great game, but not a fantastic one. Some of these changes are being made to cater the the wider casual audience to sell copies (and Wii U consoles, which Nintendo deeply needs), but in my opinion are detrimental to the quality of the game from a 'core' gamer perspective.

Edited on by SubBronze

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Budda

Hmm.. The roster is pretty weird..
Why is Diddy and Bowser Jr. missing?
We've got Waluigi... There must be at last Diddy. oO

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

Datasun_7

We have to do tournaments on here xp I'm so excited to play online with you guys so I guess the tournaments have replaced comunties? That's a definite improvement

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

MasterHiggins

I want a surprise like a Kirby, pikachu, etc. Maybe require smash bros wii u to unlock.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

MasterHiggins

Diddy has his clothing line to worry about. No time for racing.

Posts may be more salty than Nintended!

BenAV

jariw wrote:

MasterGuard08 wrote:

Well, this has been a wonderful morning! I am excited to play as Baby Rosalina and Pink Gold Peach (or Metal Peach as I am going to call her). Bring on May 30th!

I was watching the Direct with my kids, and my daughter also got very excited about Pink Gold Peach.

This alone is enough to justify their inclusion in the game if you ask me.
Not everybody is going to like the addition of Pink Gold Peach as a character (including myself), but there will be others who are really excited by it.
There are plenty of other characters in the game that I'm happy with using (should be for pretty much everyone, plenty to choose from) so I'm not going to complain about them adding one character I'm not particularly fond of.

Artwark wrote:

Bulbousaur wrote:

Granted the presentation of the direct is a little cheesy but it still announced the good stuff and its kind of funny at times.

Guess you can't please everyone.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

cookiex

Ryno wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Untitled

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Ryno

cookiex wrote:

Ryno wrote:

BenAV wrote:

Untitled

If there is anybody to listen to, it's definitely Bill Cosby.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

cookiex

One feature I find neat is the ability to upload your footage directly to Youtube. Reminds me of the replay tool in Team Fortress 2.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

PloXyZeRO

I like how now there are THREE Marios and THREE Peaches in the game. "Pink Gold Peach" LOL. As if the seven Koopalings weren't bad enough.

MrSRArter wrote:

Nintendo is rich while Detroit is bankrupt. They could use Detroit make a real Nintendo Land theme park.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2132-3153 | Nintendo Network ID: PloXyZeRO | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic