Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 5,222

19Robb92

Here is some footage from a recent stream of the game:

Shows of some neat stuff. A glimpse of the cup selection menu & lots of gliders & car parts. Be aware of next to no sound, low quality footage and bad players though.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AnotherNintyFan

19Robb92 wrote:

Here is some footage from a recent stream of the game:

Shows of some neat stuff. A glimpse of the cup selection menu & lots of gliders & car parts. Be aware of next to no sound, low quality footage and bad players though.

I found some translated names for the parts. It's at the bottom. Here: http://www.mariowiki.com/Talk:Mario_Kart_8#Vehicle_part_names

Just another Nintendo Fan.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

Jazzer94

@MasterGuard08 I believe the game actually drops from 60fps to 30fps but stays locked, youtube videos are all at 30fps so the game will look better in person.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

UGXwolf

@BusterRed123 It can't be a 3DS one. There is no 3DS stage in the Shell Cup, limiting it to three 3DS stages. I suppose they could always break their one-per-cup rule, but I just don't think that'll happen.

@DestinyMan The DS one is the most stylistically unimpressive because you're blocking out all memory of the SNES and GBA Bowser Castles. XD But no, seriously, it's because it had the lowest limitations of any non-flat Mario Kart to work with. MK8 could do a lot to improve that stage and make it really shine. Besides, I think it's too soon for Wii's Bowser Castle and I don't see a whole lot they could do with the GCN Bowser Castle, given these mechanics.

@DreamyViridi Fair point, but I think that's precisely why we won't see a flat Bowser Castle, this time.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

AnotherNintyFan

I always go to the Mario Kart 8 talk page on the wiki, And sure enough, I found another pic! The Stats System: Same page as last time, But something new is down there. EDIT: If it doesn't work, Refresh.

Edited on by AnotherNintyFan

Just another Nintendo Fan.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

DanMan82

DestinyMan wrote:

In the U.S., if you pre-order Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy, you get $10 in gas credit. It's valid at any gas station that accepts MasterCard. You'll have to enter the code by the retailer at www.revupyourkart.com/redeem.
http://nintendoeverything.com/pre-order-mario-kart-8-at-best-...
Weird.

Believe it or not, this might actually make me pre-order the game. I always hate having to spend money on gas, and I'm going to cut corners wherever I can.

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."- Michael Jordan
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” – ?????

Warruz

DanMan82 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

In the U.S., if you pre-order Mario Kart 8 at Best Buy, you get $10 in gas credit. It's valid at any gas station that accepts MasterCard. You'll have to enter the code by the retailer at www.revupyourkart.com/redeem.
Weird.

Believe it or not, this might actually make me pre-order the game. I always hate having to spend money on gas, and I'm going to cut corners wherever I can.

Im going to get this regardless, but im debating physical or Digital but this may make me purchase physical.

Game Industry News; Discussed and Debated - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

After taking another look at some of the older Bowser's Castle tracks, I think Wii is probably going to be the best choice for a retro Bowser's Castle, it seems like it would benefit the most from the antigravity. SNES would probably be too flat and boring like most of the SNES and GBA tracks tend to be, Double Dash and DS don't really benefit much from any of the new game mechanics in recent games, and 7 is too new and doesn't really benefit from the antigravity either.

BusterRed123 wrote:

I really didn't like 3DS Bowser's Castle. But, MK7, MKDS, and MKWii all had four tracks from the previous generation....So, It's Probobly gonna be a 3DS one. I hope it's Rock Rock Mountin. I don't know what they could do though....

I'd prefer they save Rock Rock Mountain for a later game, but there's a couple of neat things they could do with it right now if they wanted to. The biggest thing I think they could do is add antigrav paths on the sides of cliffs, the right side cliff on the first stretch of the track, and the uphill path leading to the finish line (this could be especially interesting if it was designed so the boulders can hit you if you're driving on the walls, so you would probably have to dodge them by going higher up the wall). probably being the best candidates. They could also possibly add an alternate route from the first gliding section that you would need to use the wind gust from the pipe to reach.

DestinyMan wrote:

Weird.

Just when I thought the preorder bonuses couldn't get any lamer.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Shirma_Akayaku
32:19
Looking at the video, we can see 2 Bullet Bills activated. There is a lot more left to see...

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

memoryman3

Everyone....

I have some important, groundbreaking news....

Watch the video

Single player VS mode confirmed...

Untitled

Edited on by memoryman3

The return of memory man! Likes playing Mario Kart and Mario Maker. Add me!

Nintendo Network ID: memoryman3 | Twitter:

ClassicJetterz

So....excited....

I could very well wet myself.
I have everything set. I'm even buying a new comfortable chair so I can spend hours playing online.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

Imagamerboi

Battle mode..

UPDATE: Bowser just ate some cake and it was yummy

Booboos35

Those 3 question marks might be Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, and Mii...?

The King Of Strong Style

Blast

memoryman3 wrote:

Everyone....

I have some important, groundbreaking news....

Watch the video

Single player VS mode confirmed...

Untitled

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic