Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 4,096

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,101. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Y By going with a year long marketing campaign they'll probably be able to keep the game in the public eye though DLC and than double back with a strong holiday line up spear headed by Smash/Kart.

Do you think its a safe beat we will be seeing some MK8 DLC?

I want to say yes, since two of three flagship Wii U games have DLC offerings. Plus Mario Golf has DLC and we didn't find out about that until a week before it releases . Taking into account that we still know nothing about MK8's online component its possible. Mario Kart 8 is also the perfect game for DLC when you take into account Kart games are one per consoles and the next Mario Kart is probably 3-5 years off.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

cookiex

1,102. Posted:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Nintendo planning year long marketing for MK8:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-plans-year-long-mario...

I remember seeing MKWii ads on TV and magazines for ages. Hope they go all out on this one.

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Donalp15

1,103. Posted:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

Nintendo planning year long marketing for MK8:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/nintendo-plans-year-long-mario...

Good move. Gotta spend money to make money.

FC 0516 7736 7877

AuthorMessage

MasterGuard08

1,104. Posted:

I haven't been this excited for a Mario game since Super Mario Galaxy. Then again, I haven't really been paying Nintendo much attention until a few months ago. Glad I finally got a WiiU

MasterGuard08

Nintendo Network ID: MasterGuard08 | Twitter: MasterGuard08

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,105. Posted:

Don't get excited.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

1,106. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Don't get excited.

I agree with pretty much everything he's saying, except I think if they were to do this track, it would be a one lap race divided into 3 sections like N64 Rainbow Road is in this game. Section 1 would probably go from the start line to sometime in between the end of the big jump and the sharp left turn after the corkscrew, Section 2 would probably go from there to somewhere before the bottom of the cage (the part where you can either jump over the circular pit or go around it), and Section 3 would probably continue from there to the finish line.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,107. Posted:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I agree with pretty much everything he's saying, except I think if they were to do this track, it would be a one lap race divided into 3 sections like N64 Rainbow Road is in this game. Section 1 would probably go from the start line to sometime in between the end of the big jump and the sharp left turn after the corkscrew, Section 2 would probably go from there to somewhere before the bottom of the cage (the part where you can either jump over the circular pit or go around it), and Section 3 would probably continue from there to the finish line.

That would be the shortest Mario Kart track ever. (EDIT: Ok, maybe not ever, but it would be unacceptably short) It takes a minute and a half to complete a lap in Double Dash!! I just don't see why they can't just make it a two lap race.

Message to Nintendo: It doesn't always have be three sections/laps!

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) | Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS) | Fantasy Life (3DS)
AC:NL Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

skywake

1,108. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

That would be the shortest Mario Kart track ever. (EDIT: Ok, maybe not ever, but it would be unacceptably short) It takes a minute and a half to complete a lap in Double Dash!! I just don't see why they can't just make it a two lap race.

Not if they made the track slightly longer. Even if they didn't it's not like that sort of length track hasn't been done before.........

anyways, I don't think the track is very likely anyways. If I was to guess what trackt he last one would be I'd go for Bowser's Castle Wii. Because it has a halfpipe, heaps of jumps and is recent. Plus it would mean 3x 3DS, 5x Wii/DS era, 3x GCN/GBA era, 3x N64, 1x SNES which is a fairly reasonable mix that leans more towards the most recent entries.

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Bolt_Strike

1,109. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Message to Nintendo: It doesn't always have be three sections/laps!

A minute and a half isn't that short really, but if it's that much of a problem, they can probably stretch things out a bit more by adding extra turns or maybe an antigrav loop de loop (like the one in Water Park) or something along those lines. If I'm not mistaken, N64 Rainbow Road actually did this, they added an extra turn or two to stretch things out a little more. They can do the same thing here.

Also, like @skywake said, Wuhu Loop is roughly the same length. IIRC, Maka Wuhu is too.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

AuthorMessage

RedYoshi999

1,110. Posted:

It's weird but for the first time I'm desperately hoping we get DLC from Nintendo! It makes perfect sense for this title. Side note: how does everyone think Nintendo will deliver the rest of Mario Kart 8's details? Nintendo Direct, Youtube trailers or a press release? There's still plenty we don't know about: full course list, complete character roster, battle mode, online options and possibly DLC.

Wii FC: 8618 6010 9640 8956

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8576-2407 | Nintendo Network ID: RedYoshi999

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,111. Posted:

@Skywake Close. IIRC, there are 4 N64 courses, including Yoshi Valley. Also, I'd be more in favor of seeing the DS or SNES Bowser Castles getting a makeover. Leaning more towards DS. I can see the Spit roast and the tower leading up to it being anti-gravity sections, and they could easily increase the size of one or two jumps for flying sections, and even add in plenty of ramps. I think they have plenty they could do with the DS Bowser Castle to make it up to snuff, even if it is one of the more stylistically bland entries, thus far.

RedYoshi999 wrote:

It's weird but for the first time I'm desperately hoping we get DLC from Nintendo! It makes perfect sense for this title. Side note: how does everyone think Nintendo will deliver the rest of Mario Kart 8's details? Nintendo Direct, Youtube trailers or a press release? There's still plenty we don't know about: full course list, complete character roster, battle mode, online options and possibly DLC.

I totally agree. DLC is just too obvious for this title. We wants it! We needs it! Wario Cup DLC! Feat. Wario Stadium! (N64), Wario Colosseum (GCN), Wario's Gold Mine (Wii), and some other Wario-themed stage! Year of Wario! Bring it!

Also, I don't think they'll tell us much more. I think the online will be one of those things we'll just find out about, when we play it, and the last few stages and characters can be in the launch trailer.

Edited on by UGXwolf

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

skywake

1,112. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

@Skywake Close. IIRC, there are 4 N64 courses, including Yoshi Valley. Also, I'd be more in favor of seeing the DS or SNES Bowser Castles getting a makeover. Leaning more towards DS. I can see the Spit roast and the tower leading up to it being anti-gravity sections, and they could easily increase the size of one or two jumps for flying sections, and even add in plenty of ramps. I think they have plenty they could do with the DS Bowser Castle to make it up to snuff, even if it is one of the more stylistically bland entries, thus far.

Actually yeah, you're right. I don't know why I said there were only three N64 tracks. Also I don't think my "number of tracks" list really works that well anyways. I was originally going for a "each system" thing but edited it at the last second. Either way I think the best guess is any Bowser's Castle that's not the N64 or 3DS version. Reading into it any further doesn't really make much sense.

That said, SNES/GBA Bowser's Castle? Eh. They already have two GBA/SNES 2D style tracks and they've already remade two of the GBA Bowser Castle tracks. So I think that's out of the question. That leaves the Gamecube, Wii and DS versions right? I just think they're probably going to pick another track from Mario Kart Wii given that the track in question has a bowl, half-pipe and jumps and it's from the third best selling game of all time......

Edited on by skywake

NNID: skywake

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,113. Posted:

I think bowsers castle from MK7 is gonna be the last retro track, there already water and gliding sections in there, and nintendo if you gonna look they put since the 2nd mario kart alsways 4 tracks in the game from the last MK and from MK7 untill now we only have , so there is untill today not ab BC announced so that makes sence!

Also look here just found this:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HvhYJX65iSw

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

afro_insomniac

1,114. Posted:

The game is only one month away.

I'd prefer that they kept some things hidden from the public so that we actually have something to look forward to when we get around to play it.

Part of the magic is playing the courses and discovering the hidden characters for yourself.

afro_insomniac

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,115. Posted:

@Skywake Actually, they've remade three Bowser Castles from Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA), and not a single one from Super Mario Kart (SNES). Kind of interesting, actually. As for potential Bowser Castle tracks for retro courses, there's:

Boswer Castle 1, 2, and 3 from Super Mario Kart
Bowser Castle 4 from Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart Double Dash
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart DS
Bowser Castle from Mario Kart Wii

For some reason, I thought the Double Dash one was redone in MK7, but it wasn't so maybe it's in MK8? Well, maybe, but after watching, I don't think they'll go for that. There doesn't seem to be much they could do with it, on this game. I also agree they probably won't do a flat stage, since they only did a GBA Bowser Castle in 7. I'm still leaning towards DS. It may be too soon to do a Wii Bowser Castle, but those do seem to be the two main choices, don't they?

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

1,116. Posted:

I agree that the final retro track is probably a retro Bowser's Castle, but not the 3DS one. That's too soon. I think it might be either the GCN or Wii one, and after giving it some thought, the Wii one would work the best because there's several parts that could work well with anti-gravity, like the part with the living Bowser statue. I don't want the DS one because I personally think that's the worst of all the Bowser Castles. It just looked so dull. A modern version could improve it, but I'd rather Nintendo just put their effort into another one. I'm not too hot on an SNES Bowser's Castle as well, and we had too many GBA ones by having two remakes in a row.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

1,117. Posted:

Something interesting that I noticed is that DS, Wii, and 7 always had a SNES Mario Circuit track and a GBA Bowser Castle. However, in Mario Kart 8; the retro Mario Circuit course is from Super Circuit, not Super Mario Kart. So maybe 8 will reverse the norm and we'll have a SNES Bowser Castle course instead. Being a flat course wouldn't be a problem, just look at what they did with GBA Mario Circuit.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel
Viridi Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,118. Posted:

I really didn't like 3DS Bowser's Castle. But, MK7, MKDS, and MKWii all had four tracks from the previous generation....So, It's Probobly gonna be a 3DS one. I hope it's Rock Rock Mountin. I don't know what they could do though....

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,119. Posted:

DreamyViridi wrote:

Something interesting that I noticed is that DS, Wii, and 7 always had a SNES Mario Circuit track and a GBA Bowser Castle. However, in Mario Kart 8; the retro Mario Circuit course is from Super Circuit, not Super Mario Kart. So maybe 8 will reverse the norm and we'll have a SNES Bowser Castle course instead. Being a flat course wouldn't be a problem, just look at what they did with GBA Mario Circuit.

I know this is a stretch, But The SNES one two games forward is Super Circuit...And GBA two games forward is DS! Just a thought.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,120. Posted:

I really hope this game sells like crazy!!! :D

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9