Wii U Forum

Topic: Mario Kart 8

Showing 1,021 to 1,040 of 3,745

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,021. Posted:

GamerOZO wrote:

I don't know if this is off-topic, but I just pre-ordered MK8 Special Edition! SO MUCH HYPE! :P

Ah well, fingers crossed for playable Miis!

I think playable Miis in this title are nearly inevitable.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

What a horrible night for a curse...

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,022. Posted:

GamerOZO wrote:

I don't know if this is off-topic, but I just pre-ordered MK8 Special Edition! SO MUCH HYPE! :P

Ah well, fingers crossed for playable Miis!

I've pre-ordered as well. It's also very safe to assume Mii's will be in the game. I'm gonna be sad if they arnt.

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

BusterRed123

1,023. Posted:

I found a pic. I don't know how to show the pic here, So here's the link: http://www.mariowiki.com/File:MK8selectscreen.png

Hhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii.

Nintendo Network ID: pacmanracing2003

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,024. Posted:

BusterRed123 wrote:

I found a pic. I don't know how to show the pic here, So here's the link: http://www.mariowiki.com/File:MK8selectscreen.png

Untitled

EDIT: I tried resizing, but I forgot the tag. Anyone know what it is?

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
Dream Address: 4100-3259-5964
I would come up with a clever name for my backloggery, but my name prevents it.

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,025. Posted:

Oh. It appears we're getting eight cups, again. Not surprising by any means, but good to know. I was kinda hoping for ten, considering the large number of N64 tracks returning, but it'll be fine without the extra two, of course. Just that greedy gamer inside me hoping for more things I'm not already aware of.

I COME UPON THEE WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY FROM THAT OF THE SMASH FANDOM! ILLOGICAL STATEMENTS SHALT BE MET WITH ALL OF MINE RAGE... until I do something else. No sense in being grumpy.

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,026. Posted:

UGXwolf wrote:

Oh. It appears we're getting eight cups, again. Not surprising by any means, but good to know. I was kinda hoping for ten, considering the large number of N64 tracks returning, but it'll be fine without the extra two, of course. Just that greedy gamer inside me hoping for more things I'm not already aware of.

There's still a chance for a bonus cup, and perhaps they'll be DLC cups.

Edited on by brewsky

Now playing:
Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) | Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) | Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,027. Posted:

@brewsky True. I really think DLC cops would be a smart move for them.

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,028. Posted:

There's prolly gonna be 8 Cups then 2 bonus Cups after you beat the original 8. So... a total of 10.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Booboos35

1,029. Posted:

brewsky wrote:

BusterRed123 wrote:

Untitled

EDIT: I tried resizing, but I forgot the tag. Anyone know what it is?

Moo Moo Meadows, Mario Circuit, Cheep Cheep Beach, Toads Turnpike :)

Booboos35

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,030. Posted:

@Brewsky: The layout of cups has been known for some time, according to Super Mario Wiki.

Nitro Cups

Mushroom Cup
1. Mario Kart Stadium
2. Water Park
3. Sweet Sweet Canyon
4. Thomp Ruins

Flower Cup
1. Mario Circuit
2. Toad Harbor
3. Twisted Mansion
4. Shy Guy Falls

Star Cup
1. Sunshine Airport
2. Electrodome
3. TBA
4. TBA

Special Cup
1. Cloudtop Cruise
2. TBA
3. Bowser's Castle
4. Rainbow Road

Nitro courses not yet revealed for a cup:
1. Bone Dry Dunes
2. Dolphin Shoals

Retro Cups

Shell Cup
1. Wii Moo Moo Meadows
2. DS Cheep Cheep Beach
3. GBA Mario Circuit
4. N64 Toad's Turnpike

Banana Cup
1. GCN Dry Dry Desert
2. SNES Donut Plains 3
3. N64 Royal Raceway
3. 3DS DK Jungle

Lightning Cup
1. DS Tick-Tock Clock
2. TBA 3DS track
3. TBA
4. N64 Rainbow Road

Retro courses not yet revealed for a cup:
1. 3DS Music Park
2. 3DS Piranha Plant Slide
3. Wii Grumble Volcano
4. GCN Sherbet Land
5. N64 Yoshi Valley
http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8

There's still a retro cup missing, but from calculating the amount of retro tracks, there's still one unknown retro track left and there needs to be one more to fill another 4-track cup. Same can be said for the new tracks.

Edited on by DestinyMan

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

UGXwolf

1,031. Posted:

@DestinyMan It's practically guaranteed that Yoshi Canyon and Sherbet Land are in the Leaf Cup. I think Tick Rock Click will be in the Lightning Cup, and I'm willing to bet the remaining Retro stage is either a Bowser Castle from SMK or the one from MK DS.

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,032. Posted:

@destinyman, Bowsers Castle hasnt been confirmed at the moment, also not as retro course, so its not correct its in the special cup at the moment

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,033. Posted:

@Dbwesz I believe they're making safe assumptions, it's almost guaranteed that Bowser's Castle will be a Special Cup course. If you want to split hairs, Rainbow Road hasn't been confirmed for the Special Cup yet. :p

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,034. Posted:

There WILL be more than 8 Cups... I think. Super Mario 3D World has so many levels and kept giving levels even when I though the the game ended.
I hope the same happens to Mario Kart 8.

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

1,035. Posted:

People want a Retro Bowser track, yet I'm the only one who wants Wario Colosseum as a returning track? It's perfect for the anti-gravity mechanic.

WIFI Game List:
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (both)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors
One Piece Unlimited World Red

Mii Name: Shirma / Gil

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

mystman12

1,036. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

People want a Retro Bowser track, yet I'm the only one who wants Wario Colosseum as a returning track? It's perfect for the anti-gravity mechanic.

You're not the only one, I want it more than any other track! Like you said, it's perfect for anti-gravity, and that first part and the jump near the end are perfect for a gliding segment!

I don't believe it! I won't believe it! There isn't a pinball right here! What kind of world do we live in, where there isn't a pinball right here? Well, I'm going to do my part! I'm gonna— umm... build a pinball! - Homestar Runner (Sort of)
Future Pinball blog
Infinite Office for PTC!

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter: mystman12

AuthorMessage

Dbwesz

1,037. Posted:

@destinyman, rainbow road is confirmed for special cup, please if you do a research do it good. In the interview with the MK producer is confirmed that this time there are 2 RR 1 retro and one new one.

Edited on by Dbwesz

Dbwesz

AuthorMessage

DestinyMan

1,038. Posted:

@Dbwesz: Never once did I dispute Rainbow Road being in the game. Please don't put false beliefs in my head.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan

Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

brewsky

1,039. Posted:

@Dbwesz I assume you were talking to me about Rainbow Road, and yes I did my research, and yes, I know there are two Rainbow Roads, one retro, one original. BUT! Just because there's a Rainbow Road doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be a Special Cup course. Again, I'm splitting hairs here, but it's all for the sake of proving a point of safe assumptions.

Now playing:

AuthorMessage

Blast

1,040. Posted:

Wario Coliseum and Bowser's Castle would be freaking amazing in this game.

This will prolly be the Wii U's prettiest game until...... ;)